S.C. Check-in

Old 11-11-2007, 09:15 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Of a very foolish nature

Count me checked-in.

Lets keep this running, it's a good idea!
Old 11-11-2007, 10:11 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

Good to see you The Man. How are you doing today?
Old 11-16-2007, 04:39 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Of a very foolish nature

Doing fine Alera - many days on from your original question though.

That's me, checking in.

Anyone else?
Old 11-17-2007, 06:59 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Of a very foolish nature

Me again. Had a great day. Went to a Uni tutorial. She was about sixty, and hillarious.
Old 11-17-2007, 11:42 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Checking in. Been extremely busy with Uni but holding up. Going back to my paper now, catch you all soon!
Old 11-17-2007, 02:22 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Hi all

Haven't posted in a while. I've been.... well, you know.

Anyway, back on track and starting to feel better every day.

Keep well

Ron
Old 11-18-2007, 02:09 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Of a very foolish nature

What are you studying Alera?

Another day. Me and girlfriend discussed doing a years travelling next year. Sell the flat, backpack for a year. This idea excites me!
Old 11-18-2007, 09:57 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by The Man View Post
What are you studying Alera?

Another day. Me and girlfriend discussed doing a years travelling next year. Sell the flat, backpack for a year. This idea excites me!
I am finishing my degree to prepare me to run organizations such as non-profits. I have five quarters left on that, and I think that degree will prepare me for real life once I leave law school.

I am also studying for my law school entrance exams.

I wish I could just drop everything for a year!
Old 11-18-2007, 10:24 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Of a very foolish nature

Mine I do in my own time, through text books. So I could put them in my backpack and study all round the world.
Old 11-19-2007, 09:37 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Of a very foolish nature

Had a horrible day at work today. Just couldn't get into it, and then felt guilty for not getting into it. It's one area that I have improved so much in and I have to keep on my toes and not let it slip.

I've just got in from the office and now face two and half hours studying - and I'm just going to close the laptop down so as not be distracted.

I read more about Jean Paul Sartre today on my lunch break over a coffee - don't really know what to make of him. I suppose I am looking for someone to give me more values than I've already got - good influences, wisdom etc.

Anyway, that's all from today.
Old 11-20-2007, 11:09 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Of a very foolish nature

ME again - worked a bit harder at work. Got the night off from studying, which I am really going to enjoy. Eat dinner, wash-up, then strech out on the bed with a good book. Far better than prancing around with a bottle of wine in my hand, dancing to music, and then probabley being sick at the end of it all. Awful.

Looking forward to weekend. Millwall playing, and pie and mash before hand. But what with work and studying, it's gonna be a long week.
Old 11-20-2007, 03:36 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

I'm also taking the night off from studying. I am going out to the bookstore to get "Reclaiming History: The Assassination of President John F. Kennedy " by Vincent Bugliosi . He has spent nearly 20 years researching the topic, and its over 1000 pages and a CD with files on it. I will be reading that tonight for pleasure.
Old 11-21-2007, 10:59 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  
Of a very foolish nature

Nothing like a well-researched book on a subject one is interested it, hope you enjoyed it Alera.

Worked my socks off at work. I try and put every ounce of effort into it; I guess I am just making up for the half-decade or so of slacking off. But now I'm knackered and I've got two and half hour's (grammer question to clever cloggs: should there be an apostrophe before the 's' in the 'hour's' I just wrote??) studying to do...

...Done some CBT at lunch - went well. I've had a few troubling worries going on recently, and to write them down, pick them apart, re-frame them etc was very helpful. I don't use CBT much, but it really is such a useful tool to get my mind moving on from worries etc and toward 'growth' (got issues wit that word, don't know why).

I have decided not to post on any subjects on SR unless I am going to apply constructive feedback. Yes, I have some deeply felt criticisms of A.A, but to constantly engage in confrontation with AA members is not really helping anyone. Someone else can fight that battle.

Oh, and another thing, I've been feeling lonely recently. I've put in a lot of effort on that front, but in this city it seems everyone is a pub-monster, party person, etc. I need to look harder for places that value other things apart from drinking...

See you tomorrow. Given up on Sartre - about as easy as reading brail.
Old 11-22-2007, 10:51 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Of a very foolish nature

Yes - thank the lord, I've got tomorrow off work. My firstl 'lie in' for about a month. Going to sleep and wake up naturally, instead of with a nauseating jolt at 6.30 in the morning. Can't wait.

Meeting a friend (one of few friends, if I'm honest) tomorrow to catch a movie. For some reason I am apphrensive - I am just feeling a bit timid recently. Not normally like that at all. I feel as if I am going through a phase at the moment and don't know where it is leading...I just need to have a little, tiny bit of self belief that I can deal with my life at the moment. I've gone through far worser things than a 'bout of the blues'.

Gonna spend my day off hacking away at hours of study.

Oh, by the way - AA'ers (and everyone else of course) check out Raymond Carver - a writer who sobered up in AA and became more creative the more he was sober. REading him at the moment and he's very good.

See you tomorrow
Old 11-23-2007, 09:04 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

What movie do you plan to see? I'm going out to see American Gangster tomorrow if I get some of my term paper done tonight.

I don't use CBT much, but it really is such a useful tool to get my mind moving on from worries etc and toward 'growth' (got issues wit that word, don't know why).
I don't like that word either, so I don't use it. I use "positive change". One thing I really like about CBT is that I find myself applying it to so many issues that have nothing to do with my abuse. It is almost more of a life tool than a recovery tool for me.

See you tomorrow...and no, there isn't an apostrophe in "I've got two and half hour's studying to do".
Old 11-23-2007, 09:32 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Checking in -- haven't seen this thread in a while. It's nice to see it back up there.

Hope you're all well and had some nice time off.

Study hard Alera.
:comfort
Old 11-25-2007, 10:41 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  
Of a very foolish nature

Checking in at the back of the weekend. Met my mate on Friday - he was terribly drunk which is rare for him. It was fine though as we were going to the cinema and we both enjoyed the film.

Went to see Darjeeling Limited - a very good amusing film. Highly recommended.
Old 11-25-2007, 10:55 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Great to read you Paper Dolls. I always love that avatar.

Yes, there is nothing quite like a well researched book on any subject. This one is no exception. I had to force myself to put it down last night!

I will keep an eye out for that movie, it looks good. I currently have two matinée passes that go bad at the end of the week, and that film is only playing in the evenings here so I might have to wait for DVD.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:08 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Had a job interview, was asked on a date, and have finals. Outside of that it was an uneventful week
Old 12-02-2007, 10:25 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Working on a paper but wanted to check in. Hi all!