SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Secular Connections (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/secular-connections/)
-   -   Heres the Deal ... Sobriety! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/secular-connections/102852-heres-deal-sobriety.html)

Rusty Zipper 09-09-2006 08:34 AM

Heres the Deal ... Sobriety!

i'm not really shure why i'm writing this, just writing ...
heres the deal, been look'n around this section for awhile.

been go'n to AA for over three years, i'm a garbage head... from the git-go, grew up italian/catholic, never believed, nor praticed it... came to the rooms, learned about a higher power, a god of my understanding... i have always said, i will never understand my god... i believe in faith, and trust, that i will be ok... i realy believe in destiny, and that i do have a part in it, a big part ...
i do pray, morn and night ... try to stay in the positive zone as much as i can .... at meetings ... what i do say lots of time is, when my faith, trusts and beliefs might fade, i always have sobriety... i wasnt born with a beer bottle, booze bottle, pill bottle, or a crack pipe in my mouth ... i was just wired wrong ... i'm now get'n a new set of wires...

i will keep look'n, reading, and seeing what all of you have to say...

thanks for all of your thoughts, insites, love and understanding

xxoo, pattee

historyteach 09-09-2006 03:22 PM

Hi, Patrick,
And thanks for sharing your ESH.

This forum is set up for those who prefer a secular -- non religious -- way of recovery. A humanistic behavioral perspective if you will.

Many thought there were enough forums for religious and/or spiritual practices here on SR, and that a purely secular forum was needed. So, the management complied. Therefore, spiritual/religious views, though not frowned upon, are best shared on their respective forums. This one is for behavorial approaches.

Thanks for dropping in; more importantly, thanks for understanding. :e058:

Shalom!

Rusty Zipper 09-11-2006 06:29 AM

thanks for taking the time to reply teach ... i will keep hang'n around, soak'n it in...
and seeing where it might lead to... right now, i'm alright...

xxoo, pattee

historyteach 09-11-2006 12:52 PM

Patrick,
You are MORE than "alright" my friend. You are AWESOME! :e058:
Thanks....

Shalom!

Rusty Zipper 09-13-2006 07:05 AM

thanks a heap teach ... it means a lot to me.

i'm stil finding my way, and thats ok.

something i have learned in recovery. i can change my mind, and be ok with that too. no matter what anyone may think. its my sobriety and recovery.
i realy rock'd the boat at a meets last night... lol!

ty again teach, your awesome too.

all good wishes, and give only love ................. pattee

doorknob 09-13-2006 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by Rusty Zipper
i realy rock'd the boat at a meets last night... lol!

Care to tell? :D

Rusty Zipper 09-13-2006 01:37 PM

yea shure DK...

step 12 meets, was reflecting on three plus of recovery... all the loss, deaths, stil active ones, all the good things that came my way because of having a clear mind and body and soul. my concept of all the powers greater
then i have had, tried and used... compared to the now... i said shure, i do service, sponser peeps, give back, in and out of the rooms... do as sugested, and i'm content with myself today... thanks to the mind and attitude change you all talk about, have sugested, and i worked on to change... but do i realy believe in a higher power, yes and no... so what does that tell me... what i believe for shure, is sobriety... Bottom Line... i do use the word God, and i use it cause thats what A.A.'rs for the most use, and i have no problem useing also, its just a word... the question i asked, was, or is god realy helping me in my recovery, life, deaths an so on... well you thought i had pop'd a fith of jack, and jab'd a needle in my arm... i said i believe my mind, and attitude change was the bigest part of it.

after the meets there was a kinds of buzz'n and to me directly... i said, today, i'm me...

i continue a daily blessings thread on this site, for two reasons, one for my departed Trish, and for me, all the prayer, inspirations, long lost messages from our ancestors, help keep my change a ongoing work in progress.

so DK, there you have it... this probably doesnt belong here, let it be moved to where it may, no problem here...

DK, glad ya ask'd

patrick

historyteach 09-13-2006 04:01 PM

...what i believe for shure, is sobriety... Bottom Line... i do use the word God, and i use it cause thats what A.A.'rs for the most use, and i have no problem useing also, its just a word... the question i asked, was, or is god realy helping me in my recovery, life, deaths an so on... well you thought i had pop'd a fith of jack, and jab'd a needle in my arm... i said i believe my mind, and attitude change was the bigest part of it.
Looks like this is EXACTLY where it belongs, Patrick! :yup:

Thanks for sharing... :e058:

Shalom!

doorknob 09-13-2006 08:23 PM

Thanks for sharing, Patrick. I can relate to much of that. This was a fine place to post it. :)

Paul

Rusty Zipper 09-14-2006 06:55 AM

thanks for the words... your a understanding bunch... aint that what its all about?

xxoo, pattee

Lollipop 09-14-2006 06:29 PM

:Val004: Patrick

I so admire you in your strength and outlook.....you are such a major inspiriation in my recovery!!!!!!

:kiss:

Love Liss

ayla zaire 09-14-2006 07:56 PM

pat...thanks for making me laugh...for your positive outlook...i lost a dear loved one 6/07/06, and your positivitity and humor has reminded me that that is the best way to get through things... it's the way i've always done it until now...thanks for waking me up a little..

ayla:ws_flower

Rusty Zipper 09-15-2006 07:08 AM

glad i was able to shed a bit of low voltage light alya ... lol

xxoo, and good wishes... Zip