Collective experience of life....

Old 08-17-2006, 07:11 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Sorry - I came off as stroppy when I do agree with what your saying up to a point. I accept my family now - but certainly not all of their behaviour.
Old 08-17-2006, 07:25 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
body ~ mind ~ spirit

Originally Posted by equus
I accept my family now - but certainly not all of their behaviour.
Same!
Old 08-17-2006, 06:23 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
body ~ mind ~ spirit

Originally Posted by brigid
Same!
But their behaviour that I do not accept is not my behaviour, so it is ok for me now ... I guess I don't accept it, I am repulsed by it, but it just isn't mine so that is ok ... they can be who they want to be. I sometimes question that there is an absolutely right and wrong way to behave, there just is behaviour. I do not accept some of their behaviours for me, but I do accept them for them ... does that make sense?

I just have to find my own acceptable behaviour for me and let others do the same. For instance, I really don't think I should eat "crappy" food, but some people do and are fine with it, display no signs of ill health and cope quite well in their life.

Some people yell and rant and rave in their homes, they vent well. I don't want to do that but it is ok for others to. Some people even abuse children in their society, I don't agree with it, but in their society it works because it is acceptable there, it isn't thought of as abuse by their social structure.

peace and love,
Brigid