SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Secular Connections for Friends and Family (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/secular-connections-friends-family/)
-   -   My son died this morning (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/secular-connections-friends-family/390308-my-son-died-morning.html)

KariSue 04-26-2016 11:42 PM

My son died this morning

I haven't been here for a long, long time because I tend to come here when my son is doing bad and he has been going in a positive direction for almost two years now. A few slips but generally okay.

He overdosed and I found him this morning. We really did think he was doing better but this cruel monster of drug addiction got him. I am his mom and he was living with us. He leaves behind my husband and I who tried to help him from the time he was a teenager. He is 35. He has two children a son 15 and a daughter who is 10. Also a sister and brother and one nephew.

We and the police (who were so kind to me this morning) do not believe it was suicide just accidental overdose. Except for 2 slips during the last two years we all felt he wasn't using but the officer said that happens a lot. They are seemingly doing better and then just bam, it rears its ugly head.

Anyway, he was a wonderful father and his children are devastated. I am going to miss him every day. We were very close. He had severe back issues so couldn't work so we spent every day together as I retired about the time he moved in. We picked up his kids from school everyday and then he gets them every other weekend so they and my husband and I got a good quality two years with him for which I am very grateful.

I hope this never happens to any of you but knew you would all understand. His name was Chris and I loved Chris so so much.

I needed to get this out.

Kari

Dee74 04-27-2016 12:59 AM

I'm so sorry Kari Sue.

D

Mountainmanbob 04-27-2016 01:43 AM

Dear Kari, so sorry to hear of your son's passing.
Prayers sent out for you and your family.
Bob

Jsober 04-27-2016 02:45 AM

I'm sorry for your loss.

Hope2014 04-27-2016 02:57 AM

Prayers to you and your family.:grouphug:

britgirl 04-27-2016 03:02 AM

Dearest Kari, I am so so sorry for the loss of your beautiful boy. Addiction is indeed the cruelest disease. Am glad that you, your husband and his children got to spend two quality years with Chris and that you will always have the memories from this time. My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family. Take care of yourselves. With love, Brit 🙏🏽

Seren 04-27-2016 03:47 AM

I am just so sorry for your loss, KariSue! My thoughts and prayers will be with you and your whole family.

least 04-27-2016 06:02 AM

I am sorry for the loss of your son. :hug:

Odelle 04-27-2016 07:06 AM

Kari, I am so sorry for your loss. Prayers for you and your family, and that Chris is in a better place, free from addiction. Hugs to you.

Bobbieka 04-27-2016 07:10 AM

KariSue, I am so sorry for your loss. I am sure Chris was a special son. I will pray for peace for you and your family.

Opivotal 04-27-2016 07:16 AM

My condolences, KariSue.

I'm so sorry for the loss of your son. :hug:

readerbaby71 04-27-2016 08:14 AM

I am so very sorry. Thinking of you and your family and sending much love and healing thoughts your way.

SoberLeigh 04-27-2016 08:29 AM

Words are so inadequate, KariSue.

May you find comfort in the loving arms of your family and friends.

Morning Glory 04-27-2016 08:48 AM

Kari, I'm really sorry that you lost Chris.
I know how much you love him and the struggle you've been through.
I know there is nothing we can say that will reach that deep pain you are feeling. I'm sorry for the devastating trauma you experienced yesterday morning. Don't hesitate to get grief counseling. Someone told me once to tell my story until I didn't want to tell it anymore. Talking through trauma really helps.

2ndhandrose 04-27-2016 08:54 AM

I am so sorry for your loss, KariSue.

There just are no words. :grouphug:

Anna 04-27-2016 08:55 AM

Kari, I am so very sorry for the loss of your son, Chris.

Prayers and good thoughts to you and his father, and his two children.

FarToGo 04-27-2016 09:26 AM

so so sorry, sending you love.
xx

MIRecovery 04-27-2016 09:40 AM

My heart goes out to you and all those that loved him. I am so sorry for you in a way that only someone who has also lost a child can be.

Prayers going out to you

CodeJob 04-27-2016 09:45 AM

I am so sorry KariSue.

Carlotta 04-27-2016 10:23 AM

I am so sorry for your loss KariSue, my deepest sympathies to you and your family :hug: