SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Secular Connections for Friends and Family (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/secular-connections-friends-family/)
-   -   It's All About Me Part 6 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/secular-connections-friends-family/369818-its-all-about-me-part-6-a.html)

greeteachday 06-17-2015 07:24 PM

It's All About Me Part 6

Here's the new thread. Part 5 can be found here. Have a great day taking care of you!

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-5-a-17.html

Tiredofdrugs 06-17-2015 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by greeteachday (Post 5426817)
Here's the new thread. Part 5 can be found here. Have a great day taking care of you!

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-5-a-17.html

Thank you greeteachday!

TOD

cleaninLI 06-17-2015 08:35 PM

Thank you greeteachday!

TOD you are too funny. Psst! Just between you and me.....I gave up the heals a while ago. Traded then in for some comfy flip flops. I was going to call them by another name. But then I though....hmm....that would really give away my age! Ha!

Happy! Thank you thank you thank you!!!!! Those are wonderful tips! I've never heard of those before! See I learned two new things today! Blues yummy potatoes and Happy's wonderful gardening tips.

So it's been a good day!

PinkCloudsCharley 06-17-2015 08:36 PM

I was stupid enough to think we could talk. Thankfully H so graciously explained that he said those horrible things to me because I pushed him and that I was the bully, and he's not going to take my bullying and disrespect any longer.

Phew! Glad that's cleared up.

From now on, I focus on me. That's it. I don't need to understand him or even care what his opinions are. He doesn't need to know mine. We come into this world alone, we leave alone. Guess that's the true lesson I needed to learn.

PinkCloudsCharley 06-17-2015 08:38 PM

Clean were you going to call flip flops thongs? Lol that shows my age ;)

Tiredofdrugs 06-17-2015 10:04 PM

Cleanin: I was watching this video for the hell of it! It's funny! Then I posted to y'all! LOL The heels you'll find around here probably has years of dust on them! Only flats for this woman! With two screwed up ankles I wouldn't do too good in heels!

TOD

Tiredofdrugs 06-17-2015 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by pinkcloudscharley (Post 5426908)
i was stupid enough to think we could talk. Thankfully h so graciously explained that he said those horrible things to me because i pushed him and that i was the bully, and he's not going to take my bullying and disrespect any longer. sounds more and more charley like he's trying to push you away! Doesn't want to try and make the relationship work! He's not man enough to end the relationship. He wants the right to say you ended it!

phew! Glad that's cleared up.

From now on, i focus on me. That's it. I don't need to understand him or even care what his opinions are. He doesn't need to know mine. We come into this world alone, we leave alone. Guess that's the true lesson i needed to learn. this is where i'd start my own checking account. Get all the important paperwork separated too! Or at least that's what i did when i got ready to make the split! And i can say: "thank god i did!"

your mind isn't going to be in the right place if you decide to leave. So get everything done now while you can still think!

tod

cleaninLI 06-17-2015 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by PinkCloudsCharley (Post 5426908)
I was stupid enough to think we could talk. Thankfully H so graciously explained that he said those horrible things to me because I pushed him and that I was the bully, and he's not going to take my bullying and disrespect any longer.

Phew! Glad that's cleared up.

From now on, I focus on me. That's it. I don't need to understand him or even care what his opinions are. He doesn't need to know mine. We come into this world alone, we leave alone. Guess that's the true lesson I needed to learn.

Tod maybe you are right? His way of pushing Charley away.

Its weird, but it looks like he is jealous of you Charley? Like he feels inferior to you? That seems strange though. Jealous of the person you are married to? Is that possible? Idk?

But you got the right attitude Charley.

Yes that was what I was going to call them....but then I thought, that name is used for something else now.

Tiredofdrugs 06-17-2015 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by cleaninli (Post 5427013)
tod maybe you are right? His way of pushing charley away. it just seems like every time h makes a play at charley and he doesn't get the response he wants? It's a reason to brow beat her, punish her and belittle her too! Uses more and more reasons to push her away so she'll get fed up and leave! I say this because of something he said: "i want to have fun and i can't anymore!" charley is the thing standing in his way of doing that! And if she leaves? That's a damned good reason to go back to drinking!

its weird, but it looks like he is jealous of you charley? Like he feels inferior to you? That seems strange though. Jealous of the person you are married to? Is that possible? Idk? oh hell yeah! There are couples all over the world jealous of one or another's accomplishments. Look how jealous jethro's xboss was over jethro being married to me and getting all my va benefits! Jealousy is all over the world! Look at sibling jealousy! H can't get past where he's mentally at right now! And it doesn't seem like he wants to even try either. So he's jealous of charley's new job, her being able to handle life on life's terms as well. It's a bitterness eating him away! H takes every little thing personally and lashes out when it happens.

but you got the right attitude charley. this is the time charley needs to stay focused on her survival! Put distance between you two! Sleep in another room! Eat w/o him! If he wants to feel alienated? Then let him know how it feels! Continue going to your therapist sessions, but not the couples one! Let him do his own laundry too! Trust me! He'll get the message real quick you aren't playing the blame game anymore! And if he see's you as the winner? Then you no longer have to do for him anymore!

yes that was what i was going to call them....but then i thought, that name is used for something else now. well there's dental floss and g string as well! Lol just makes me want to walk funny at the thought of it!

tod

Tiredofdrugs 06-18-2015 12:15 AM

Yeah Charley my evening ended badly too! Had a very nice day with Jethro. He left at 5:00 PM to go pick up his former female coworker flying in from Iowa! They made it back here and we went out to eat.

We had a good time at dinner laughing and talking. Jethro did the majority of the talking though! If he has an audience? He's talking non stop! I was busy eating so I didn't care. At one point he started getting rude towards me. The belittling started too! I just laughed to keep the peace, but I was silently thinking: "Oh hell! Did he take a pain pill?"

We came back to our house to talk and visit some more! Well of course Jethro did most of the talking as well as show and tell with pictures and other stuff! I sat on the couch and mostly just listened. I had Mr. Cotton tucked in beside me covered up with a blanket too! Anytime I tried to interrupt to say/ask something? Jethro would frown, but he stopped talking at that time.

The longer the night went on the more he talked. I noticed she started yawning and I asked her if she was ready to go home? Jethro doesn't take notice of things like I do when he's talking/telling stories! He ignored me and kept right on talking.

At some point I sat down on the couch corner where he was sitting on the floor looking at stuff on his laptop! I made a comment about something, can't remember what? He held up his middle finger at me. I grabbed his finger and he flipped his fingers around quickly. He got my third finger in a death grip. Well he had the nail up against his wedding band and it was hurting like a SOB! I was yelling stop it hurts and he wouldn't let go! He just sat there squeezing harder! By now I'm in a panic because of the pain. And trying not to make a scene because of his coworker being there. When he finally let go? I slapped the crap out of his shoulder! I got up and went out to the porch room!

I finally got him to get up and take her home! She was yawning non stop! So he made a few more rude remarks towards myself and then took her home!

When he got home I started getting ready for bed. I asked him at some point if he had Maria's bed ready and he said - NO! About 20 minutes later I picked Maria up off the floor and waited on Jethro to get up off the floor! He got up, went to the bedroom and said: "I thought you made her bed?" I said: "I only asked if her bed was ready?" Well he came out of the bedroom with her ice pack to get a new one. On the way past me he said: "I need to drop the attitude!" I told him I didn't have an attitude! He's the one acting like an azz and even injured my finger!

Oh boy! He started baby talking saying he didn't hurt me! I asked him why didn't he stop squeezing my finger when I was yelling stop it hurts? I then said: "What were you trying to prove? That you were a stronger person to your coworker?" Oh that just pizzed him off! I said: "Then why didn't you stop when I asked you to?" From that point on I was given the ignore status! I put Maria on her bed, turned the light off and walked out in silence.

So I'd say he had taken a pain pill! Because he sure wasn't the nice, pleasant person I spent the day with!

TOD

allforcnm 06-18-2015 01:39 AM

Goodness what did I walk in on.. thongs as flip flops.. Blue has discovered instant potatoes.. Charley is being a bully to her mild mannered husband.. (LOL) and TOD is having her finger pulled by Jethro which is a good follow up to the Fragrant Flower story and why they smell.

Apart from all the pain and suffering, you have all made me laugh tonight.

Also., good tips from Happybeing me on the natural deterrents for animals.. I am a little interested in how they collect the fox urine, but I may not want to know .

One more day of radiation and then we are having tests done on kitty Friday. Im really stressed about it. Last night my husband suggested I not come online just in case something added more stress.. but he doesn't realize what great sense of humor you all have. :)

Tiredofdrugs 06-18-2015 01:23 PM

Hello Peoples!

Jethro is receiving the silent treatment today! He doesn't have the signs of meds in his actions right now and is doing everything he can to be nice to me! Even tore my TV apart to work on it! Whatever! My finger freaking hurts so he can deal with my silence!

There is so much to do and my mood is saying: "I don't care! It can wait!" Other than taking care of the kids! Which I've already done that!

When I first spoke of my cousin being taken off the tubes the other day? She actually lived longer than expected. Mom called yesterday to tell me my cousin passed the night before! My older sister sent me a text today while I was still asleep telling me her service was at 2:00 today! Hmmmmm Well I wasn't going to make it. So I told her to give my condolences to the family! The few days she lived she was a vegetable. Her common law husband stayed with her 24/7 to take care of her the last few days she was alive. A beautiful woman lost due to drugs and alcohol! Just sad!

Father's day is this coming Sunday! Mom had plastic flowers in the back of her car when she was here last Saturday. She opened the back hatch to show me what she got for dad's grave for Father's day! So many ppl miss my dad as well as myself!

Jethro left a few minutes ago to go to wally world. He took two steps past me and then turned to look at me. I puckered up for a kiss (My lips! Not my butt!) he came quickly over to me kissed me and was happier! Better to be nice than continue being silent. Makes for a difficult situation if I continue ignoring him. Living together 24/7 can get hairy if there are problems between the two of us! He knows he screwed up last night! I can tell by the way he's acting! Let it be a lesson learned!

There are storms swirling all over the place right now! So far they've missed us! Looking at swirling storms on the radar is scary!

Alright y'all! I'm putting my socks and shoes on! I might continue sitting here for several more hours and I might not. It just depends on my mood! :)

TOD

BlueChair 06-18-2015 02:18 PM

Wow he hurt your hand? Did he know you were in pain?

Im sorry about your cousin. They had her service quickly.

Your gonna go with your mom to your dads grave to work on it? I know you were debating it.

Sorry things are tough right now Charley. ((Hugs))

Flip Flops! What was your favorite shoe trend ladies? Jellies, saddle shoes, ballet flats, lace up boots (not the military issue Tod!), kitten heels, platforms, peep toe pumps? Men lack shoe variety. I mean sure they have some options but not like womens footwear.

Finishing my lunch.

Almost forgot. THANK YOU for the garden tips Happy. I didnt know they sold stuff like that. I will try making up the recipe you suggested.

Tiredofdrugs 06-18-2015 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by bluechair (Post 5427954)
wow he hurt your hand? Did he know you were in pain? when i said: "you hurt my finger! He said he didn't! The whole time he was squeezing the crap out of my finger he was looking at his computer and moving the mouse around! He acted like he never heard me! And i was getting pretty loud in my screaming! Even the woman sitting at the table close to us was starting to get concerned! Opiate head didn't realize what he was doing to me!

im sorry about your cousin. They had her service quickly. yes they did! I was surprised!

your gonna go with your mom to your dads grave to work on it? I know you were debating it. my debate was over to go clean the area! That's already been done! I just can't find the umph in myself to go there! I feel dad here with me.

sorry things are tough right now charley. ((hugs))

flip flops! What was your favorite shoe trend ladies? Jellies, saddle shoes, ballet flats, lace up boots (not the military issue tod!), kitten heels, platforms, peep toe pumps? Men lack shoe variety. I mean sure they have some options but not like womens footwear. i wore cowboy boots for years! Tennis shoes were my other fav's! And then of course i wore the army cochran's for years! At least the last 15 years i was in.

finishing my lunch.

Almost forgot. Thank you for the garden tips happy. I didnt know they sold stuff like that. I will try making up the recipe you suggested.there's no way i'd put meat packings out in a garden. That would pull in all sorts of critters! I'd end up with more problems than i started with! Lol i've heard you can sprinkle paprika around the garden to keep critters out too. As well as human hair from clippings! I'd have to try everything i could find around here and hope one of them worked. Too many animals/bugs that would love us if we'd plant a garden! Argh!

tod

Tiredofdrugs 06-18-2015 11:13 PM

I can see I'm hanging out by myself today! That's okay! I can find plenty of entertainment around here to keep myself busy! I've got the sheets stripped off my bed and my new sheets washing! I got my room vacuumed and Molly's bed all freshly made up too! Tons of laundry to do as well! It sure stacks up quick around here!

My finger stopped hurting too! Which I'm super happy about. Jethro made two walmart runs for me today w/o one complaint. And he brought supper home too! It's like that saying: "Happy wife? Happy life!" He knew he better make amends and quickly! I usually don't have to say much! I just have to set the mood and he GETS it!

He has no clue either how much clean time I have! This clean time makes a world of difference in how I handle things now too! I don't like being mad at him or anybody else! I don't hold anger in for too long! It's wasted energy! I'm still working on my feelings towards the new neighbors though! I'm not angry with them. I'm just upset over what they are doing over there! I guess it's more shock than anything! Why would anyone want to cut down all the trees? Just makes no sense to me! When we went to supper last night I saw a bunch of ppl in the driveway and garage. Looks like a bunch of city folk to me! They sure are in for a rude awakening moving out here. The bugs are going to carry them away over there! Hope they don't mind a hoard of snakes either! There was a snake in the swimming pool one day before our friends moved out.

Jethro wanted to shut everything down at his bedtime. I said: "Oh no! I'm busy doing stuff. Don't touch anything! Go to bed and shut the door!" Now that I'm on a roll? I don't want to stop!

My right knee now is giving me a lot of pain! I've doubled up on the cactus juice. It's probably the damned weather making it hurt more! My doctor had an X-ray taken of it, but didn't show anything wrong with it. She wanted to send me to therapy. What a joke! I've done plenty of therapy at home. It pops damned near every time I take a step. I couldn't sneak up on anybody with my knee and ankle poping if I wanted to. LOL

I was looking at Marilyn's legs yesterday. It looks like she has leg mites. I'll have to get my melaleuca oil and rub them down while she's outside! That stuff will kill them and her legs will heal. My cousin's rooster had them real bad. She said she hadn't noticed them being like that. But she had her husband hold him during the evening after dark and she put baby oil on his legs like I suggested. He's all healed up now! I suggested something she had on hand.

I saw Allfor's area is in the 110 degree temps! That's HOT! Our rain stops tomorrow evening. Then we are going to be hot and sunny all week! As long as it isn't humid it will be alright! Can y'all imagine wearing those heavy dresses and all that lace women used to wear eons ago? No thanks!

Alright! I gotta see if my sheets are dry so I can make my bed. Molly is wanting to go to bed and I can't put her to bed with the lights on in my room!

TOD

BlueChair 06-19-2015 10:07 AM

your not alone, Im here!

you called Jethro Opiate Head. made me laugh. when you were taking all those pills it was affecting areas of your brain, so your thinking and coping skills were different. Your new neighbors started cutting trees yet? man I bet squirrels live in them too. maybe they want to clean up to help prevent snakes from being around?

Im thinking it would be fun to make a scarecrow. but what do you make one out of? I think we had one when I was a kid but it was made of like some wood poles or something? I started worrying if I spray stuff, maybe it will scare the squirrels? I dont want to emotionally traumatize any of them! just make eating from the garden less appealing.

Happy its Friday!

Allfor, hope your appt with kitty turns out good. thinking of you.

Butter, I finally got caught up. sorry Ive been s-l-o-w. Im even s-l-o-w-e-r with Charley! Im short on sleep this week. Mr Blues insomnia is infectious. He said last night, maybe he should try to sleep every other day. sigh

Tiredofdrugs 06-19-2015 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by bluechair (Post 5429116)
your not alone, im here! :) so i don't need to do my tarzan yell to bring someone here afterall? Lol

you called jethro opiate head. Made me laugh. When you were taking all those pills it was affecting areas of your brain, so your thinking and coping skills were different. to be honest! I don't think i even had much of a thinking brain! I was walking around in motion only! Doing what needed to be done. First of the month would roll around and i'd groan with the thought of it's time to do the bills. It would take me forever to get them done! Now? I breeze thru them in no time! My brain felt like water looks when you drop oil into it! Swirling around! Trying to connect the thoughts! your new neighbors started cutting trees yet? Man i bet squirrels live in them too. Maybe they want to clean up to help prevent snakes from being around? they're still moving in over there! He also needs to buy a lawnmower and tractor! I'm sure it's just a matter of time before it starts! He'll be clearing/cutting stuff away! We'll be planting stuff to grow tall and wide! Jethro told his coworker the other day: "they better never tell him what he can or cannot do over here! They are in for a rude awakening if they try it!" our property is paid for and we are also grandfather claused in! We can do anything here we want to. If we want to build a shanty in the back forty? We don't have to get a permit to do it! Love it!

im thinking it would be fun to make a scarecrow. But what do you make one out of? I think we had one when i was a kid but it was made of like some wood poles or something? I started worrying if i spray stuff, maybe it will scare the squirrels? I dont want to emotionally traumatize any of them! Just make eating from the garden less appealing. oh i can't wait for the day you post the squirrels have moved into y'all's attic! Rofl

go online to look for instructions on how to make a scarecrow! Lot's of places that sell produce will have them too!

happy its friday!

Allfor, hope your appt with kitty turns out good. Thinking of you. yes yes

butter, i finally got caught up. Sorry ive been s-l-o-w. Im even s-l-o-w-e-r with charley! Im short on sleep this week. Mr blues insomnia is infectious. He said last night, maybe he should try to sleep every other day. Sigh omg! I've done those every other day sleep events. When i did go down for sleep. I'd sleep 12 to 14 hours! I avoid those events now if at all possible!

tod

BlueChair 06-19-2015 05:28 PM

Imagine a whole bunch of groundhogs, rabbits, squirrels, skunks, opossums all in our yard suffering from PTSD thinking some wild predator is on the loose.

You and Jethro should have bought the other place, and then you could live separate but together still. and the kids could go back and forth between mom and dad.

The belt for the rototiller came yesterday, and Mr Blue called the company and it can be serviced by them. I think they will come out which is good because I dont think he wants to transport it. This weekend maybe I will see if I can break the smaller rototiller! You know it did make a difference where the machine broke down. the one section has weeds growing in it, so it does help keep it cleaner.

Happy Friday !

Tiredofdrugs 06-19-2015 06:19 PM

Oh how I wish I could have bought the other place! Alas! We didn't have $250,000 for it though! They are over there shooting off fireworks right now. Our poor dog is in a panic!

Glad you're getting the rototiller fixed. Hope it doesn't cost y'all a lot to get it fixed!

TOD

cleaninLI 06-19-2015 08:28 PM

Who has that kind of money lying around? That's why we take out loans silly. You could have used your VA loan! With the way you said people are moving out there, I'll bet that would have been a good investment? If you wanted to sell you could later down the road for a lot more than $250! I could kick myself when I think about lost investment opportunities! Better not go into that...it's too frustrating and will put me in a foul mood!

Blue hope you get that tool fixed! (To lazy to write it's name.) Too much to do before I can call it a night. I feel like all I've been doing is work. Reminds me of that saying. All work and no play makes Clean a dull friend. But I did discover a new recipe that was comparable to the one we buy from Chinese take out. Cheese wontons using cream cheese and sriracha sauce! Yum!

Ok...wish I had more time to chat...but this kitchen needs to be put order before I can go to dream land!