It's All About Me Part 6

Old 07-05-2015, 12:04 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Ha ha ha! Too funny butter! If that were the case I would be right behind him with barbecue skewers in hand! I know just what to do with them too!
Old 07-05-2015, 12:51 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by cleaninLI View Post
Ha ha ha! Too funny butter! If that were the case I would be right behind him with barbecue skewers in hand! I know just what to do with them too!
haha my first thought was: what she is cool with that?

hahahahah i see you have everything under control
Old 07-06-2015, 11:22 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  

LOL Butter! I read girl too

Glad everyone had a great 4th!

We celebrate Canada Day on July 1. But we also have a little celebration at home on July 4, I remember the fun and festivities surrounding that day!

Butter, when are you planning on going back to the US? Do you have a date yet? I bet you're excited to be going back!
Old 07-07-2015, 05:52 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  

I get what everyone is saying about the fireworks scaring the dogs. My big dog Clairese is a Rhodesian Ridgeback so she's a big dog and she hates fireworks and thunder. We get a tincture from the health food store called rescue remedy it seem to help in a natural way. My little dog is a dachshund she's happy all the time and nothing bothers her.
Old 07-07-2015, 11:45 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  

LOL Tbeit, is it for use on people too?
Old 07-08-2015, 03:02 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Hi tbeit!
Hi Charley!

Since a lot of y'all don't go on substance abuse forums? I wanted to let you and others know I celebrated my one year clean yesterday! I finally made it! Woot Woot!

Wishing y'all well!

TOD
Old 07-08-2015, 05:06 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Another huge congrats to you TOD!

Tbeit never heard of such a thing except cat-nip of course. Does it work?

Well I've had a busy few days. You can probably tell, I go Mia when I get busy. We had a family get together on the fourth. My husband's cousin, his wife and kids came over to barbeque with us. Had a wonderful day! :-) Of course whenever you have a party the next day is spent cleaning up and getting back to normal. My husband took a few days off too. Yesterday, was my daughters (youngest) camp orientation day. That took most of the day. My daughter will be commuting a good 45 min. to an hour each day. Wow! I didn't think about how long she would be sitting on the bus. Oh well, she's excited! Normally a little on the shy side, she went right up to people and talked to them....made several friends already! So it looks like I can relax and breath easy right? I'm especially protective of this particular daughter since she is my disabled one (legally blind) and my youngest.

It's been very hot and humid here on the island. Just very uncomfortable and of all nights I decided to bake cookies. My kids have been after me to bake my special nestle toll house chocolate chip. So I made a double batch last night. Baked about half the batter and stuck the rest in the fridge for tomorrow. Just couldn't take the heat in the kitchen!

Ok...that's my update. Hope everyone is ok?
Old 07-08-2015, 09:42 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Yes people take it too and yes it works
Old 07-08-2015, 11:12 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  

HUGE CONGRATS to you Tod! One whole year! I bet you never thought, in the middle of your addiction, you would be saying this! You earned it, wtg!

Clean, sounds like a great party! And wow, 45 mins on a bus?! It sounds like she's fitting in just perfectly! I can sympathize, I'm shy and don't like to make the first move either but it sounds like she feels secure and comfortable there, and that's awesome!

Tbeit, I'm starting to get into essential oils and blends and alternative health items and that sounds like something I'm going to definitely have to look into! Is it the Dr Bach's Flower Remedy stuff? I tried a couple of those for a bit a long time ago, looks like I'm going to have to look into those again!

Things are ok here. H is away for work until the weekend. Had a good session with the counselor and I'm ready to tackle some issues in our together session next week. One of the few people I've told in real life suggested that perhaps I move our together session to the first meeting, and then schedule H with the counselor after, instead of H seeing the counselor first and then me stepping in for the second hour. It seems odd, like I'm stealing his time but I can see her point ... I feel like when I walk in, the room is already filled with words and H is all pumped to change this and do that, and it doesn't happen. This way, we can talk about what needs to happen and then the counselor can follow up with H after. H doesn't mind having his session moved to the second hour so I think i'll try it.

to be honest I'm feeling so disloyal to H when I talk about things dealing with him on here ... about how abusive he can be ... I know that it's important to get it out there and not keep it all inside. I know he loves us and he has a problem. He needs to tackle that now instead of pushing it off and thinking things will get better magically. I miss the man I married.
Old 07-09-2015, 01:22 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Thank you for the congrat's! I feel kind of out of sorts not posting a new clean day! I had so many counting with me I feel like I'm letting them down on their clean days! Maybe someone else will start a countdown and I can tag along with them?

Charley: I've had two years clean before! I was injured while in the ARNG! I begged the VAH for surgery so I wouldn't have to take the pain meds again. Instead? I ended up begging for surgery a year and was on the pain meds for a year! I got two months clean after surgery and then had injections in my lower back that put me in so much pain I was screaming for pain meds. And then it was one thing after another! I chose the DAY I'd start my C/T this last go round. I didn't realize what the date was: 7-7-14! Unique! With my track record? I'm sure there's another surgery down the road! If I'm taking pain meds due to surgery? I don't consider it a relapse! If I continue taking them after I feel better? That's a relapse in my book! I'll have to grit my teeth and get through after a few days of pain meds! I know what pain meds do to me and I don't want to be strung out on them again! So let's all cross our fingers I won't be in this position for years to come!

tbeit: Have you tried the tincture yourself? Is this why you know it works?

Charley: Don't feel bad talking about H here! You are talking on a Thread where others are experiencing the same thing or have gone thru the same thing! Why else are we here? If we had perfect marriages and lives? We would have never searched out for help from others! I saw on the world news where this town was having a major heroin problem. Mother's were pregnant and using. Their babies are in the hospitals trying to kick the drugs! So sad to watch! They were giving the babies morphine to help them calm down.

Cleanin: I have found it's so much nicer to be around family and friends now that I'm clean off the opiates! To interact with them and not feel like I'm in a stupor or not hearing half of what's being said is wonderful! And at the end of the day it's a nice feeling to be tired from the activities instead of the opiates! Because of course I'd be popping more about then to try and get some good feeling back! And in my case it didn't happen! I'd sit in a chair nodding in and out of reality! SOOO glad those days are a year away now!

A lot of my shows are starting now! I'm playing catch up on them! Jethro watches a lot of the ones I do too! So now I have to ask him: "Did you watch blah blah? If so? I'm deleting it from the DVR!" I've gotten the remote control down pat now! He's still struggling along with it!

He was cruising a site on the web this evening and kept pointing out pictures of Silkies for sale while I was sitting on the couch behind him loving on Maria! I kept saying: "No!" One pair was a hen and rooster. The owners said they wouldn't separate them! Sounds like the pair I had many years ago. Jo Jo and Mo Mo! She died first and Jo Jo grieved himself to death. Jethro buried them side by side! I've been letting Mr. Cotton roam the house more. When I have to put him in the bedroom so Maria can get on the floor he stands back there doing a high pitched crying sound. He likes to snuggle behind Jethro while he's sitting on the floor. He has a fuzzy blanket to cover him up when he settles down.

Okay! I better get back to cleaning and laundry! My grand daughter is coming next week to visit g'ma and the rest of us for two weeks. Mom has already said she needs her to stay a couple of nights with us due to her having doctor appointments! Last time she stayed with us we still had little Ethyl for her to hold. Don't know which one will let her hold them now? Our chickens don't like strangers. Mr. Cotton might! He likes to snuggle and be covered up! She can sit on the couch with him while she watches TV. She'll be in Heaven! LOL

TOD
Old 07-09-2015, 02:42 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Oh Tod you took that question right out of me about the tincture. Ha!
Made me chuckle. Yes I thought your grand-daughter was visiting mid July. That's wonderful! It will be a good time for each of you! Time just flies by doesn't it? Before you know it the kidos will be all grown up and would have missed that precious time with their grandparents! We are important in the lives of our children and our children's children. We represent so much to them! I remember so many fond holidays spent with my grandparents. So many I missed with my mothers side of the family simply because she wasn't getting along with them. What a waste! Life is too short for stupid fights and bickering! I'm so glad I suggested going out there for a visit after graduation or I never would have had the memories I do of my Grandma...or my Aunti, Uncles and cousins Now that she and my Aunti is no longer among the living. Glad my kids have memories of both grandparents, but due to the cost, we don't get out there as often as I'd like! Maybe in August?
My dad just sent me another email that he and my new step-mom are going on a trip for the entire month of July. They both love traveling and have no obligations or physical hindrences that would prevent them from traveling and doing what they love most...and they are mid-80's! So it's all good. Just that their trip will take them further from us not closer and I miss them.

OK....gotta get over to my daughter's pediatrician to pick up her health form so she can go to camp Monday!
Old 07-09-2015, 02:55 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Just a quick hello to all and to let you know I think of you guys all the time! I'm not sure how long I've been away - have had a whirlwind of things happen, life I guess most would call it. But still clean, hit a year and I honestly think of you all often. I hope everyone is doing well.....when I have some time I will try to read back to see how everyone is. But wanted to pop in with an I love you xoxo Eyes
Old 07-09-2015, 03:46 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Yes TOD I have and yes it works. I dont want to give medical advice but I use several tinctures for several different things if you have any ?s pm me and I would be glad to go over it with anyone who's interested.
Old 07-10-2015, 09:42 PM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Hey TOD and Clean and PCC,
Wanted to let you all know that we are tight and I think of you all often.
The divorce is final so life goes on.
Let our support live on forever!
Love from WI
TF
Old 07-11-2015, 02:09 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

For everyone's enjoyment if you missed it!

TOD
Old 07-11-2015, 09:38 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Thank you TOD for that! Eyes so happy to see you again! Don't be a stranger! You two TF! I know it's been rough for you....can feel it in your post. But you are strong right? You've been through so much and always come up on top..the winner! (((TF)))

Just woke up. My kids are still sleeping. Husband is downstairs pumping water out of our basement. We've been having a huge problem with that. We have a well that I believe is causing the problem. Will need to call in professional help but we all know what that means....dishing out thousands of bucks. (((Sigh)))

On a good note though. My Dad sent me a package filled with my Mom's jewelry and other small decorations....such as crystal and antique glass pieces. So yesterday had a lovely day reminiscing.
Old 07-14-2015, 12:21 PM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Eyes!!!!! Sooo happy to see you and sooo wicked proud of you for your 1 year! Yay that's great news!!!! So happy for ya!!!!

Hello to all the others :-) Just came back from Italy where I spent my birthday woth my mom! hope you all are well!!!
Old 07-15-2015, 03:06 PM
  # 138 (permalink)  

A huge helloooo to everyone!

Where to begin! Lol! Happy to say, Rob has remained clean off heroin since Apr. now. I will be clean 1yr., next mo ( from heroin & clonopin. ) Clean off methadone and norco since May 2014 & finally, clean from suboxine since the end of Feb.

We're also super busy! I've gotten out more in the past few months than I did in the previous probably 7-8yrs combined...yikes lol! And I'm loving it. This is the 1st summer that feels like retirement, rather than just another disabled summer. We've been spending nearly every wkend on 1 of 3 lakes. My ex mil ( yes, from 22yrs ago lol ) owns a home on an inland lake in the same town my dd lives in. Then our uncle owns a large boat that we take out on Lk. Mi. My current in-laws have a fishing boat that we take out on both an inland lake & Lk. Mi. And my hubs & I have a flat bottom fishing boat that we take out on rivers.

Plus, we've been getting together w/both of our out of town daughters & fams 2-3x's/mo. Love spending all this time w/our families! I've been such a recluse in previous years ugh! We've also gone to the drive-in movies a couple of times. We've lived here for 3 1/2yrs, the drive-in is 3 blocks from our home & this is the 1st summer we've gone there.
Boy, were we missing out on life! Lol! What a great summer!

I hope all is well w/everyone. I don't see any posts from Allfor & Blue. Do they still post?
Old 07-16-2015, 12:38 PM
  # 139 (permalink)  

KZ it's wonderful hearing from you! I'm so happy for you! It looks like you are having a wonderful summer! Awesome!
Old 07-17-2015, 02:01 PM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Hey guys

Hmm isn't time a weird thing? I was thinking about something and it was linked to my time with B since it was around the same time. I thought: "hmm, B was only a year ago?" it seems so much longer, it seems so far away and it seems as if it happened to a different person. Today, i met a friend who kept some of B related stuff for me while I was gone. she gave me back the envelope and i felt nothing. The envelope is downstairs now, waiting for it to be thrown away.
B broke my heart, he hurt me, i was scared for him, and it was a very difficult time for
me. But it made me grow, (i think blue and allfor told me that right at the beginning) it led me to people who I needed in
my life, first of all you all! but it also led me to people who showed me that there are other men out there, they showed me what caring about someone means, they taught me that I can do better, and they taught me so much more about myself which i needed to learn. It also taught me more about myself. Afterall, i feel stronger now. I am stronger and more self-confident.

my friend and I, she's been on my side from the very beginning. She's been here again when I returned with new stories and experiences, with my happy end, a happy end that wasn't the one i wanted but the one that was the better one. One that I deserve.

B is still somewhere in my heart, i
hope he is healthy and he will find his way of happiness. He's been replaced, a little bit by Person A, a bigger bit by Person B and a little bit by Person C. All of them showed me that B wasn't the one (i know i know you ALL were right) and that I deserve better.

Just my little thoughts for tonight. Hugs to all of you!