It's all about me Part 5

Old 06-16-2015, 06:47 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Yes! Very cute TOD! I love being outside when the Cumulonimbus clouds move in. It feels so fresh. Especially if it was a hot and humid day....and a late afternoon thunderstorm rolls in.
Old 06-16-2015, 07:06 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Originally Posted by cleaninLI View Post
Yes! Very cute TOD! I love being outside when the Cumulonimbus clouds move in. It feels so fresh. Especially if it was a hot and humid day....and a late afternoon thunderstorm rolls in.
Do y'all know where that fresh smell comes from after a good rain? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm???????????????????????????

From the plants producing FARTS! ROFL Well actual term is GAS!

Makes ya really think about it now! Doesn't it? Saw this program on the weather channel explaining where the smell comes from!

Oh me! Oh my! The things we learn!

TOD
Old 06-16-2015, 08:41 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Really TOD?
But it smells so ....."fresh"?
I wonder what the plants are
saying about our...... "gas"?
Hummmm?
TF
The things we learn
Old 06-16-2015, 08:46 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Ha ha ha ha!
We can always count on TOD to teach us! Ha ha! She doesn't hold out.
Will always tell it like it is.....in her no nonsense way! Ha!

But twofish you made me wonder too? Lol

Good to see you on our thread!

I heard from our good friend today.
Old 06-16-2015, 09:11 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  

I'm sorry but the way we deal with the dang voles is poison. I know it seems cruel but when we're talking our garlic beds that were supposed to keep us in garlic the entire 2015/2016 yr, and beans for soup and possibly potatoes, etc etc. That's our food. We're more and more all about relying on what we can grow ourselves so those voles eating it means less for us and more $$$ at the grocery store. (food is expensive up here.)
Tired, just came back from the gym. So want chocolate. But instead had a peach. Dinner was entirely unappealing. Leftover soup and bread.
Lunch is better tomorrow. Grilled jerk chicken, sweet potatoes, steamed veggies.
Gotta run guys, have laundry to hang up, read DH's homework and I still have to get my munchkin to bed.
Old 06-16-2015, 09:50 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Ok Munchkin! Good to hear from you! I totally understand. When we are talking about growing food out of necessity and it being our livelihood that is a totally different thing. We HAVE to make sure the animals don't gobble it all up.

I think Blue is growing a garden for fun more so than necessity. At least that is my understanding. But I think we gotta do what we gotta do if we are growing our own food for our livelihood. That's how I feel about animals being raised for food vs. raised for pets. I might get some boo's here. But I'm not innocent when it comes to eating meat. I eat cows, chicken and fish. I won't elaborate out of respect for TOD. Plus I wouldn't be able to eat rabbit meat....since I have a pet rabbit. Ha! But I can't condemn those who do eat rabbit meat. You know what I mean?
But I totally get what you mean when it comes to necessity and livelihood.

Alright, don't work too hard. My bed is calling me. Goodnight everyone!
Old 06-16-2015, 10:00 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Jethro and I gathered the trash and recyc for the trash cans! Loaded them up and rolled them down the driveway! Our new neighbors may not like the noise we make late at night! Ask me if I care? I'll think about it! All the way down the driveway I had tons of little baby tree frogs hopping in front of the flashlight! I kept telling them they better find another place to stay. The chickens will eat them if they hang around!

Took Mr Cotton outside for a little bit too! I cut his long head feathers that are always getting in his mouth and eyes. Then I gave him his medicine for the extra slime he produces. He's a trip! Anytime we pick him up he starts gagging! I've started calling him choke me boy! As soon as we set him down he stops doing it!

Cleanin: Y'all will have to excuse my directness! LOL If y'all could actually hear me saying things? It would be a whole different picture! You'd be rolling in the floor laughing! I'm always hearing something new and figure it doesn't hurt to share it! I mean really! We don't want someone else knowing what we could have known - now do we?

As far as the cactus juice goes? I don't know if it helps circulation problems or not? It's all over the web though! So I suggest you review it! See if it does?

I took Mr Cotton inside and then brought Molly out! I took a brush to her dried poopy butt and got her backside cleaned off! She has SOOOO many feathers it catches everything back there! ARGH! I've often considered pouring baby oil on her feathers so it just slides right off! LOL But I've thought better of it!

The critter that stinks was outside under Jethro's barn while we were out there. I'm thinking it's a possum. Usually when it rains they can be seen roaming the yard. They eat the earth worms that surface! We have those huge night crawlers. Some of them look like snakes! Makes me quickly look twice!

This new remote is driving me mad! I'm learning though! It's just SOOO different from the last one! Jethro complained about not recording something so I showed him how to do that. Halfway thru the instructions? He said: "That's enough! I can't learn it as fast as you can!" LOL I wanted to say! Get your head out of a pill bottle and it will make more sense! To be so smart? The pills are making him so dumb!

Munchkin: When are you going to share pictures of this garden you keep talking about? Hmmmmmmmm????? You've peaked all our interests! You said - voles! Is it actually voles or moles? I saw a way of catching them though! Dig a hole in one of their used tunnels deep enough you can set a coffee can in the path. Then cover it with a board! Make sure the hole holding the can is below their path. They need to fall into the bucket! Check it every day and when you find the mole? Dispose of it! I was told by another SR member, pure peppermint oil will keep mice and rats away. I'm sure it would work for moles too! It's some wicked smelling stuff though! Strong as all get out! Don't sniff it! Your nose will burn for an hour! Bet you can't guess how I know that? LOL

Twofish: You just HAD to go there with OUR gas didn't you? Don't you know gas we pass goes upwards? And yes females pass gas! We don't fart! Glad your here! Keep posting!

How the heck did midnight get here so quick?

I better get off here and get ready to shut things down!

TOD
Old 06-16-2015, 10:13 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Jethro brought Popeyes chicken home today! I told him I would blindfold little Maria on the back of the couch so she wouldn't see it!

There's NO way I could raise an animal for it's meat! Ain't happening! I understand there is a lot of ppl doing it, but not this girl! And thank you Cleanin for saving me from the details! God I hope our new neighbors aren't the kind of ppl that raise animals for their dinner table! They don't seem that way according to what Jethro has told me about them so far though!

Y'all know what I did today? I sent the remote to my previous DVR box off with the cable guy! OH chit! I have another one out here - somewhere? I hope it works for my DVR box! WHAT was I thinking? I guess I was still asleep!

TOD
Old 06-16-2015, 10:13 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Voles TOD. Moles eat meat (or bugs) voles eat veggies and if they bring their friends they can clean out an entire garden.

Cleaninli, yup I gotcha. We're not to animals yet, not for lack of desire though. We want them but have no room. Future home.

I will post a link to my garden page tomorrow. Been working on writing again.
Old 06-16-2015, 10:16 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Originally Posted by munchkin05 View Post
Voles TOD. Moles eat meat (or bugs) voles eat veggies and if they bring their friends they can clean out an entire garden.

Cleaninli, yup I gotcha. We're not to animals yet, not for lack of desire though. We want them but have no room. Future home.

I will post a link to my garden page tomorrow. Been working on writing again.
Hmmmmmmm! Never heard of Voles before! Turn y'all's kitty loose on them. They'll be gone in no time!

ARGH! I got the danged hiccups! So annoying!

TOD
Old 06-16-2015, 10:22 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Here's a link to Voles!

what are voles in alaska - Bing Images

Moles are blind and so ugly!

TOD
Old 06-17-2015, 11:17 AM
  # 492 (permalink)  

Well that appointment was an exercise in futility. First of all, an hour is not long enough, but at $125/hr, I can't afford much more plus to be away from work that long.

Secondly, all I heard is how H goes to these places in his head, and how he wants me to phrase questions better. He wants to be understood but if I don't understand him and ask questions, he says I'm being disrespectful. So I asked, how do I understand what you are saying if I can't ask what you mean?

I feel worse than before the appointment. Basically, H doesn't want to talk about anything deep, meaningful or insightful. He wants "elevator music" in his head all the time, and if I want to go deeper, that's my tough luck. He just wants to "have fun" and I want to have a meaningful life. So I guess that's where it stands. No addressing of what he has said to me, other than he gets "frustrated". Problem is he sees the counselor for an hour before I get there, so perhaps they've talked about that, perhaps not, but I never know and it's not addressed. And God forbid I bring it up later.

I'm done venting. I'm just going to go back to not caring at all.

As for raising animals to eat...I grew up on a farm. My family owned a high security barn where they raised animals for the sole purpose of food production. I even worked in it for a few summers, I would have to shower with special soap before I could even get in, and take training on how to deal with certain illnesses the animals would get. It was very high tech - government inspected and the animals were well treated and fed better than a lot of people. So I guess I come from a different point of view. When I was younger and the wind was blowing in the right direction, I would complain about the smell, and my dad would tell me that smell put bread and butter on our table. LOL!
Old 06-17-2015, 11:23 AM
  # 493 (permalink)  

In my opinion, voles are much cuter than moles. Voles look similar to hamsters and gerbils. They say shrews are it's nearest kin. Glad we don't have shrews where I live. At least I've never seen any. Yuck! Makes my skin crawl looking at those pictures.

Charley, sorry I wrote that before I read your post.
Old 06-17-2015, 11:36 AM
  # 494 (permalink)  

(((charley))) your frustration leaps out to me. Wish your thoughts and feelings mattered more to H. But he seems stuck in self-pity mode. Were you able you bring up what happened the other night? What did the councilor suggest?

It's ok...if you don't feel like answering. You've been thru a lot today.

I hear ya about raising animals for food. It was your families livelihood. I feel the way you do about it. I come from a family of farmers too. Not my immediate family, but my great-grandparents were all mid-west farmers.
Old 06-17-2015, 11:46 AM
  # 495 (permalink)  

I wasn't able to bring up the other night at all. It was briefly touched on, H mentioned he throws pity parties for himself in his head and then, after he's convinced I'm the bad guy, "addresses" it with me. And for what feels like the millionth time, he said he's "working on that". But he does a lot of the talking there, and the counselor has to interrupt him just so I can talk. I feel talked over a lot of the time. And H has some weird thoughts about what Im thinking - the whole understand thing is a good example. So how do I understand him when he doesn't want to answer any questions? Or, when we're having a discussion, he says stuff like "I know you're just wanting to win here" and I try to explain, no! I don't want to win! I want to be heard! But he's already got it in his head and I can't change it. He said that again today, that I just want to win. And I said that is not my intent, you are not hearing what I am saying. But deaf ears. He believes what he believes.

And if I do want to understand more and he has answered his one question and doesn't want to explain? That's my tough luck. I'm supposed to just be "happy" with his answers and "realize it's not important". I feel like our relationship is based on what he wants or needs, and mine are put aside because it's "not important". In our session I said I want to have meaningful intelligent conversation and he made some snide remark about having "Socrates sagas" at our house. And that he just wants "elevator music".

Maybe I need to start looking elsewhere to get what I need, intellectually wise. I hate elevator music.
Old 06-17-2015, 11:49 AM
  # 496 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Good morning Peoples!

Okay! I'm pulling the page up and looking underneath it! Did everyone fall into an abyss somewhere?

Time to wake up and get on the move everyone!

TOD
Old 06-17-2015, 12:47 PM
  # 497 (permalink)  

Idk but I think we are about ready for a new thread right Tod?
Old 06-17-2015, 12:53 PM
  # 498 (permalink)  

Hey all, okay this is the third time I've been here online and so far I've had almost no luck in posting. Each time I get busy with a customer.
Now I'm at lunch so I have a tiny bit more time but also have to get writing.

I feel for you Charlie. Much of the frustration you exhibit reminds me of when I speak to my Dad. Hugs to you.

Okay, so blog where you can see my garden.
How does our garden Grow
Old 06-17-2015, 12:56 PM
  # 499 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

OH! Now I see how y'all are! Sneaking in with grins on your faces while I'm working on my post!

Charley! So sorry your husband is acting like a DIIICK! Instead of shaking off the blues over not drinking? He acts like a dry drunk! Wanting to blame everyone else for his woes instead of taking responsibility for his own actions! Poor pitiful me! My parents walked out of my life! My wife doesn't want to be with me anymore! I can't drink! Etc. Etc. Etc. If he wanted to be sober and learning how to deal with life w/o drinking? He'd be walking thru AA doors every chance he got. He'd be working on that anger and elevator music in his head! From what you've been saying for weeks now? I don't see him wanting to stop the drinking or to work on y'all's relationship! Sorry!

I'm super glad Jethro only takes the pain meds in small doses! I couldn't live with him if he was a full blown addict! We still have our good times moreso than the bad! He also doesn't blame me for everything going bad either! He does know though I would be jamming that crap right back down his throat! What few times we do get into a disagreement over something? I'm quick to apologize if I'm wrong! If I'm not? Look out!

You my dear need to come to a decision! How much longer are you going to put up with the abuse? And yes that's what it is! You can only play the "I don't care" card for so long! If H doesn't start to move forward in a positive manner? Nothing's going to change! You're just going to continue existing from day to day!

Your daughter has two years before she turns 18. Your son needs a healthy home to grow up in for many years to come! H has made promise after promise to change. All he's done is talk about it! Maybe a treatment center wouldn't be such a bad idea afterall?

TOD
Old 06-17-2015, 01:00 PM
  # 500 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Originally Posted by cleaninLI View Post
Idk but I think we are about ready for a new thread right Tod?
I sent a PM! Someone will get it changed as soon as possible! Thanks for the reminder. I was looking at the amount last night and we weren't there yet!

TOD