It's all about me Part 5

Old 06-15-2015, 11:17 AM
  # 461 (permalink)  

Great artricle Blue, thank you. And great advice Tod and Clean. Thank you all.

Having a tough day again. H woke up at 2 this morning and was upset that I brushed his hand away while I was sleeping. Seriously? I WAS ASLEEP! He had a temper tantrum over that and I didn't sleep past 2. Went to the counselor this morning for my personal appt and just cried. He said that things sound like they are not getting better, H is not willing to address any of his issues, only cover them up with pretty little bandages but when real work needs to be done he refuses. I'm stuck at this point. Counselor is urging me to do some serious thinking, as you all here have done in the past. I'm scared and don't know which way to turn.

Counselor is asking me to be open and honest at our joint appointment on Wed, and I told him I will try. When we go, H is always saying how "everything is awesome" and there is nothing to work on. He'll talk about being honest and transparent and having meaningful dialogue, but when it comes down to it outside of the counselor's office, he refuses.

I feel like I'm losing myself. Counselor believes too that H truly believes I'm to blame for all of this. In fact, this morning, part of h's argument is that "all he wants to do is be close to me, but all I do is shoot him down." Again - seriously - I WAS ASLEEP!

I am so tired of all of this. I wonder where my bottom is. I feel like I'm losing myself.
Old 06-15-2015, 11:27 AM
  # 462 (permalink)  

75% better is a lot of progress Clean! Does this mean your putting off the Dr appt? Here is the test? Can you play with Dova? Ha! The bunny needs you! I liked the article on guilt and shame too. I think everyone can relate to those feelings, and I think the idea of how shame does not prompte change but instead makes people withdraw, isolate, and continue destructive thoughts, behaviors is important.

Hi Twofish! Its nice to see you here. Yeah things have changed a lot for all of us I think. How old is your grandbaby?

No IHOP for us this weekend. Mr Blue went i to work 1/2 day on Saturday and I got up with him, had breakfast and fed my squirrels, took the animals for a walk and then went back to nap until almost noon! I worked a little in my garden and there were so many bugs! We went out to dinner but not pancakes. Ive been making some at home recently, but its about time to go back there. Now I think about it and will crave it!

Tod maybe your mom has the same bacteria problem you have with your teeth? You went to bed at 9pm and up at 8am, Im impressed!
Old 06-15-2015, 11:35 AM
  # 463 (permalink)  

Hey Charley! I didnt see you here.

If you were asleep then you probably thought he was a bug! Hahaha
Do you think this stuff is all underlying issues? Where does he stand with drinking now? Its kinda a waste of money for his personal sessions if he isnt going to work on any issues. Do you think the Dr. is pushing him at all, or trying to wait him out? I still vote for the use of a puppet! It would freak him out in the joint session and he would lose his all is fine demeanor. Ha!

Im sure your really tired today!
Old 06-15-2015, 01:57 PM
  # 464 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Oh wow Charley! If he'd started in on me in the middle of the night like that? I would probably have told him to get over himself! The world doesn't evolve around HIM! Then I would have gone down the hall and back to sleep! Trying to resolve a fight after being woken up is NOT the time to do it! Especially over something like his hand being brushed away!

He sounds really immature and insecure too! It's like the therapist is his peer and he wants everything to sound good for his sake! Then y'all get home and he takes it out on you!

My 3rd XH was constantly accusing me of running around on him. I was constantly having to defend myself in that respect! There were even times while I was out shopping I caught sight of him checking up on me! The azz! He never saw me cheating on him, because I never did! Something a friend told me one time was this: "When you get your gut full of it? You'll get out!" You know what? That's exactly what I did! And thank God I did!

I'm not saying this is what you should do! But even your therapist is starting to question y'all staying together! Sometimes a breakup is exactly what's needed to repair a marriage though! Or not! It just doesn't seem like H is getting better! You are back to talking in heavy negative posts about what's happening! This is not good Charley! You've made changes in leaps and bounds to try to make it work! He's still stuck in the first week he started this. I suggest you tell y'all's therapist tomorrow exactly what's going on! Then watch the reaction from H after it's been said. What you see and what H see's is two total different scenarios! It's the same when I go to the doctor with Jethro. The doctor will ask him questions and he doesn't have half the answers! I provide the doctor with the answers!

TOD
Old 06-15-2015, 02:45 PM
  # 465 (permalink)  

Hey guys! How are you on this fine Monday? I'm feeling SO MUCH better! I will still go to the doctor though.

Another hot and muggy day today. It rained last night. I thought it might cool things down a bit....but nope. Kids are getting excited for summer vacation. It's getting hard to get my daughter up and out the door. I hope she realizes she'll be getting up early to go to camp.

Charley I agree your husband needs to stop denying his problems. It seems like a huge waste of money and time to pretend everything is peachy in front of the ONE person it matters. How can he rant and rave about something so silly at home? Then turn around and pretend everything is A okay? But I know you know this and unfortunately, it's up to him to man-up and work on his stuff. It leaves you in a very very frustrating position I'm sure. I'm glad the counselor understands what's going on. But I'm wondering if he's able to draw things out of your husband? You know what I mean? There are certain people who are really good at getting to the root.

Uh-oh....duty calls. Will bbl!
Old 06-15-2015, 03:14 PM
  # 466 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

I'm on the back porch with every fan going I can turn on! I'm working on trying to get it cleaned up! The ants LOVE anything plastic or cardboard! Well guess what's all over the porch stacked up! Yep! You guessed it. By the time I got to the bottom of it and flipped the cardboard over! A whole herd of black ants went scattering! I had my sprayer loaded and ready for any I found! They didn't know what hit them!

I fixed hamburgers and FF's for our lunch! Jethro ate and then piled up on the couch. He's been in there snoring for hours! He washed all three vehicles and worked on a lawnmower before we ate though! So I'm letting him sleep! He was soaking wet from sweat when he came inside! It is freaking miserable outside! He had complained about all his miseries earlier! I told him the less weight he has to carry around the better he can deal with this. I found his two large M&M bags last night! Oh well! He's the one that has to live with himself. I'm working on losing my weight. Not adding to it!

Blue: You're impressed about my hours? If I do a double back flip will that impress you too? ROFL Don't hold your breath on that happening! I bought myself some new sheets on Saturday also. Just gotta get them washed/dried and on the bed!

Cleanin: I'm glad your leg is feeling better! I've always heard soaking in epsom salt in a warm bath helps cramps! Check it out to see if that might help ya! Potassium is another and then there's magnesium! Research! Research!

Okay! I'm heading back out to the sauna!

TOD
Old 06-15-2015, 06:42 PM
  # 467 (permalink)  

Yes TOD I've heard that too. I took a soak in the tub with them yesterday. It did help. I'm also taking extra potassium tablets as well as a banana in my oatmeal each morning. I am pretty sure the tablet I take for swelling caused the cramping to begin with. I'll just have to stop moving around so much on my legs and take time out to relax and put my feet up. I need a nice recliner chair or at least an ottoman to put my feet on. I'm curious about that cactus juice you take. I wonder if it works well for cramps or circulation? I already take the fish oil. I've been on that for a long time. An old landlady of mine suffered from bipolar. She told me about the benefits of fish oil and what a difference it makes to her emotions. It helps me too. Not only with my anxiety and depression..but with my circulation too.

Yes charley I want to see you happy and enjoying your life. Life is just too short to waste it on someone who doesn't appreciate your sacrifices. It's just really sad to watch such a beautiful, innocent person be cursed and blamed all the time. I spent a few years with someone like that. He just sucked all the happiness and life out of me. I had no choice but to leave him and start over. Sure it hurt and yes it was hard to do. Probably one of the lowest times in my life. My main hardship was breaking the habit that went along with the relationship. Just the everyday stuff of seeing him and waking up in the same bed with him.....getting ready for work together and then coming home and seeing him....dinner together etc.... It's hard to leave or to change something that's so familiar. It's down-rite scary! But I realized nothing would change unless I made it change. I'm not telling you to leave him either. That wouldn't be right. But I feel like he's way too comfortable with the status quo. Discomfort prompts change. He needs to squirm a little. IMHO.

I took a few pics of one of my rose bushes. It looked so pretty with it's pink roses on it.....I wanted to show you.

Allfor I will try to write you now. So sorry I'm late in getting back to you.

Butter how are things?

KZ and Eyes miss you guys.
Old 06-15-2015, 06:56 PM
  # 468 (permalink)  

These are some pics of my rose bushes.

Not to be confused with the rose bushes I planted last year.
Old 06-15-2015, 08:10 PM
  # 469 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Beautiful roses Clean! Who cares who planted them! They're yours now!

As for your legs? Try lying on your back with your legs stretched straight up a wall! Put them in a different direction for the circulation! See if that helps!

It's going to be an early night for me! Y'all have a good night!

I'm beat after working on the porch in all that humidity and heat! I sent pictures by email to some of y'all! I'm going to need to post guards to keep Jethro from putting stuff in clean areas!

Until tomorrow! Goodnight!

TOD
Old 06-16-2015, 01:50 AM
  # 470 (permalink)  

Quick post from me tonight because Im tired and cant do my replies justice. Cleanin.. those are beautiful.. and they are pink.. so pretty. They are blooming very big and I bet they have a wonderful fragrance too.

I was worried about your leg pain, it was a relief to see its improved. Your on your feet a lot at home, and for a while at least you may need to take some breaks and put those feet up.

Charlie.. it feels so up and down with your husband.. he can lose it over such minor things. And when he does, he doesn't treat you right. Its good your doing the therapy. I know its hard, and lots to think about but in the end I think it will only make you stronger, and will help you make decisions that you can feel confident about. I do know therapy takes time.. its a process.. and not always quick for either side especially when there are issues that have been with a person for a long time. But to me, it really seems like you are moving yourself in a positive direction. It cant do anything but help you regardless of how the relationship turns out.

I can hear TOD snoozing.. LOL

Twofish, its nice to see you here..

Hopefully will be able to catch up more tomorrow.. Good article on Guilt and Shame. thank you Blue...

How is Buttercup?
Old 06-16-2015, 11:13 AM
  # 471 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Hello Peoples!

I was sound asleep this morning at 8:00! Jethro comes barreling into my room and pokes me! He says: "Your cable guy is here!" I'm laying there thinking! "MY cable guy! Hmmmmmm! When did I inherit a cable guy?" I tell Jethro to let him in and let him change the boxes out! Why do I need to be a part of this? He walks out and then I remember I might lose my shows I have recorded already! I jump up out of bed, get dressed and make an appearance! I ask about the boxes shows and he tells me they'll be gone. So I ask him to leave the box and I'll record them again! I mean after all! I've already paid this months bill on it anyway! So I'm keeping it for now! We now get to learn a whole new remote control also! What a pain!

It took two hours to get everything transferred around and changed out. After the guy left my computer didn't want to recognize the new internet connection. Thank goodness Jethro is a Techie person and spent time getting it to work!

I'm going to be working inside today! It's another miserable day outside! Plenty to do inside as well as outside. Never for a lack of things to be done around here! I've already gone around the outside porch with the sprayer and took out lots of ants. I did that while Jethro was working on getting my computer back up and connected! It's getting darker here so there's probably a storm brewing also. The humidity is so thick outside all the windows are wet.

Yes Allfor! I don't remember my head hitting the pillow! I'm sure I was sawing logs! LOL

TOD
Old 06-16-2015, 11:13 AM
  # 472 (permalink)  

Gorgeous roses, Clean. They are a beauty to see!

Thank you for all the support. Had a rough night with H last night. He's full of self pity and at one point he told me to tell him what to say and how to act, and I told him he needs to figure it out for himself and become healthy on his own. He started talking about how he concedes 100% and I am the boss and on and on ... I told him I don't want to be the boss, I want someone who will be a partner and will have difficult conversations without being defensive or self-pitying and he kept going on about how I won and I should wave my flag in victory. I just gave up then. I don't want to win, I haven't won, and there is nothing to win. He didn't listen to a word I said, he just kept on about how he tries and tries and never can do anything right.

Sigh.

He doesn't want to go tomorrow to counseling, since he's worried how the counselor will view him. So I told him, don't go. I'll make good use of the time, since it's already booked. But I know he'll go. And I need to stay strong and realize that this is because I deserve to be treated with kindness and respect, not because I'm being a b**ch, like he tells me or like I feel. This is so hard. But it's the straw that broke my back, so to speak. Being woken up at 2 am because I didn't cuddle in my sleep may seem silly, but it's just another thing on a long list of things I've done wrong/ need to overlook/shouldn't complain about.
Old 06-16-2015, 01:01 PM
  # 473 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PinkCloudsCharley View Post
Gorgeous roses, Clean. They are a beauty to see!

Thank you for all the support. Had a rough night with H last night. He's full of self pity and at one point he told me to tell him what to say and how to act, and I told him he needs to figure it out for himself and become healthy on his own. He started talking about how he concedes 100% and I am the boss and on and on ... I told him I don't want to be the boss, I want someone who will be a partner and will have difficult conversations without being defensive or self-pitying and he kept going on about how I won and I should wave my flag in victory. I just gave up then. I don't want to win, I haven't won, and there is nothing to win. He didn't listen to a word I said, he just kept on about how he tries and tries and never can do anything right.

Sigh.

He doesn't want to go tomorrow to counseling, since he's worried how the counselor will view him. So I told him, don't go. I'll make good use of the time, since it's already booked. But I know he'll go. And I need to stay strong and realize that this is because I deserve to be treated with kindness and respect, not because I'm being a b**ch, like he tells me or like I feel. This is so hard. But it's the straw that broke my back, so to speak. Being woken up at 2 am because I didn't cuddle in my sleep may seem silly, but it's just another thing on a long list of things I've done wrong/ need to overlook/shouldn't complain about.
Thanks Ladies!

The part I bolded Charley is so very important! And I'm so happy to read that you know it to be true! Continue to tell yourself those things as you move forward. It is the TRUTH!!!! You are a beautiful person who deserves to be respected and loved! You do not deserve the emotional abuse your husband is dishing out to you. You are right! It's not about winning! It's about having a partnership and a mutually loving relationship. There are no winners or losers. You are not battling or competing with one another. I find it rather sad that he thinks that way.

TOD that was quick thinking on your part. Wow! That is wonderful that you were able to save your shows from being erased. You switched to another cable company? What is it about your new TV you aren't happy with? Just curious. Since switching from optimum to Fios I have been trying to figure out how I can program my remote and the guide to only show the channels we subscribe to. It is really dumb to have those channels on our guide that we can't even watch. Just makes it more confusing! We already have too many channels! Ones that we don't even watch. Those I wouldn't mind hiding too. I wish I had told the tech guy who came and hooked us up to do that for us. He did a lot of other things for us and spent at least two or three hours with me too. I guess I should call them one of these days to walk me thru it?
You never told me if that cactus juice works on circulatory problems or muscular problems?
Oh...and thanks for the pics. Too much work to do! Can your mom or sister come over and help you? They must know that you are disabled and can do only so much. I recall you and Jethro helping your mom out quite a bit. Maybe she can do you that favor? That was one good thing about my parents, they were very good about helping me out when I had a big job to do. My husband's family does the same thing. We always plan a day to help whoever needs help....like with moving or renovating, spring cleaning or if one of us is having a party or something. Maybe you all can treat her to lunch afterwards?

Allfor I'm glad kitty's treatments are almost over. Praying for good results.

Happy good to see you. Hope you are okay?
Old 06-16-2015, 01:36 PM
  # 474 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

In order to have "On Demand" and be able to record more than two shows at a time? Which I either had to watch one while it was recording or watch something else that had already been recorded? I had to switch to this Fido box! Jethro also got a new box. Between the two of them we can now record up to six shows at the same time. And we know have "On Demand"!

The TV I'm using - new one - is pitiful! It's constantly changing from normal color to super color each time the screen changes. Or super bright to really dark! Plus it has a lot of scratchy looking pictures! It's a 40in Sony for those interested in knowing! I've tried to zoom the picture out in order to get rid of the black side lines too. If I do that? I cut the top of the ppl's heads off or I'm unable to read anything on the bottom of the screen! ARGH! After paying almost $350.00 for it? It's going back!

I've asked Jethro to take a look at my old one. If the speaker problem can be resolved then I'm good to go. If not? I can hook the surround sound speakers up to it and use that for my volume!

Mom would probably jump at the chance to come help with the cleanup! LOL She would work me into the ground though! She's like a windup doll! Once she's wound up she doesn't stop! She doesn't understand I'm DISABLED and I need to take breaks! Also right now it's 91 degrees with 67% humidity out there! Then there's also the problem of figuring out where to put the stuff! Picture me in a square box trying to find my way out! This is why I was looking at getting another barn! Jethro said: "I can build one cheaper!" I'll be 6ft under by the time that happens!

Charley: Ask H why he's acting like this? Ask him what's so different NOW from when he wasn't drinking five years ago? Besides his medical issue! He's acting childish and paranoid! What's the reason for that? Medication? Alcohol? Something is off balance with him for him to be acting this way! He needs to grow UP/man UP and get back to being a responsible person! The only two in your family that was attached to your umbilical cord was your two children! It's time he cut the cord!

TOD
Old 06-16-2015, 01:38 PM
  # 475 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Oh look out people!
Trump announces he is candidate for 2016 presidential election!

TOD
Old 06-16-2015, 02:42 PM
  # 476 (permalink)  

Okay, this is going to be super quick. I have a customer at my desk so typing quickly to get my response in here.
Doing good. I wish I could update more but been so darn busy lately.
Garden doing well, parents are MEH, they're going on a cruise per my Dad because he can't think of what else to do with Mom.
Hubby is doing good, chugging away at college. I'm good. We're going to the gym a lot now, looking at getting son in swim lessons, and DH and I are eating clean which is super cool in my opinion. Looked at pictures of dh when ds was just a baby. Man he was handsome. Ripped stomach, strong arms. Now a days his pants are always falling off his butt because he's lost all his muscle tone and his belly is so big. LOL
Okay, so enough ranting about dh.
well gotta run. Have work to do, and I want to try to write another article today.
Still here still sober!
Old 06-16-2015, 02:46 PM
  # 477 (permalink)  

Its not silly Charlie. Its just like you said, a sign of respect that you deserve to be treated a certain way. I cant imagine being woke up in the night by a raging husband because he tried to cuddle and I was asleep and pushed him away with my arm.

It still seems like he cant get on the "partner" track. You are not his mom. Those days of being manipulated and the feelings he felt of being inferior are over. He's missing his chance to work through this stuff in the therapy sessions.

Clean has a green thumb! Roses are pretty!! How were those cookies?

I was reading the article Allfor posted last night on alcohol and smoking. It was really interesting. I didnt know how linked they are. If you smoke your three or four times as likely to drink and vice versa. And if you quit smoking it may increase your chances of not relapsing on alcohol. Probably drugs too? Plus the other article was good Allfor, got lost on that site a while! Mr Blue never has smoked anything but cigars a few times with his dad. They smell totally different than cigarettes did you ever notice this? Probably not too many women smoke cigars anyway? I never have! Ha!

Whens the last time some of the stuff has been used Tod? In your clothes closet your supposed to get rid of stuff if you dont wear it at least once during the year.

Charley, hey remember a while back you said you needed to do some shopping for yourself? Have you started this yet? A new job, new clothes!

Im not seeing as many squirrels. I think they are up in the trees or something because of the heat? They eat and then disappear. I saw a skunk last night, and this teeny tiny baby frog. the size of the tip of my pinky finger. Was so cute hopping around.

Oh and this is exciting! Im sure you all know this already. You can make cheesy twice baked potatoes with boxed instant potatoes? I always cook whole potatoes but it takes a lot longer. I know how ridiculous I never tried it before!

Hi Munchkin! Being busy at life is good! Any tips for humane ways to keep animals out of the garden? I need these!
Old 06-16-2015, 03:11 PM
  # 478 (permalink)  

My landlord made a scarecrow. But I don't know if it works or not? It sure looked scary to me! Ha!

Thanks...but I can't take credit for those bushes. They were here when we moved in. i think our state is super good for growing roses, because everyone's got them in their yard. Not sure what happened to the ones I planted last year. They look the same. Like dead twigs sticking out of the ground. Will need to find something else to put there.

Thanks Tod for answering my questions. I see why you don't like the new TV. I hope you can figure out a way to keep your old one since you like it so much. Looks like now you are all set to record your summer favorites! That's cool. I see what you are saying about your Mom. Easier to clean it at your own pace right? Hope you can find places to put what you want to keep and a way to get rid of what you don't. Does Jethro notice each thing you get rid of? Mine doesn't. So I'm able to toss stuff on the sly. Ha!

Hi munchkin! You look very busy! That's great you and H are eating better and exersizing. That's awesome!
Old 06-16-2015, 03:57 PM
  # 479 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

My last hour!

Outside with Maria! Mom! Look!

Yes baby girl! I saw it when you weren't looking!

Okay! Moving to a new location! OOOOPS! Not here! Too close to the ant hill!

Hmmmmmmm Looks like a storm heading in our direction?

And then I hear a buzzing behind me and I duck low! A June bug goes flying past me and lands on a dangling leaf just a swinging! LOL

And a few minutes later it started raining! I snatched Maria up and back inside we went!

TOD
Old 06-16-2015, 05:21 PM
  # 480 (permalink)  

CUTE Tod!