It's all about me Part 4

Old 04-20-2015, 12:56 PM
  # 341 (permalink)  

Thank Charley!

Ha Ha made me laugh at that "another man's garbage another man's trousers."

So happy you guys switched up your reactions a bit and ended up at a better place today! Yay! It's so weird how that works isn't it? As we know we can't force others to change right? But we can change how we react.
Learning that was a huge lesson for me and made a huge change in how I interacted with my mother as an adult. It was responsible for allowing us to have a pretty decent relationship later in life. Because when we change, it changes the dynamics and others end up changing too. But timing is important...I think we reach a point where we are ready to do these things....but not before?

Charley you love crazy weather too huh? Me too! I absolutely love a stormy day! Gets my adrenaline running! At times....but can lull me to sleep at times too. Ha! But if it's a warning and there is a serious concern for damage then I'm the first one in the basement. Ha! I'm an absolute baby then. Lol

Hope you feel better soon.

Hope everyone's ok? Blue, Butter, Kzaug?
Old 04-20-2015, 12:59 PM
  # 342 (permalink)  

Hey girls!

Yeah! We all made it through the weekend. Surviving storms and yielding to red lights.

All ok here. No working this weekend! Had dinner with my parents yesterday. Skipped church because of overall laziness, but I think its ok to do this sometimes. Went to the organic farmers market. Got lots of veggies!
Old 04-20-2015, 01:48 PM
  # 343 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,
Hey Clean, it sure does sound like you & Rob have the same body chemistry. Do you have a super speedy metabolism too?
Congrats on 3 mos smoke free! Yee-haw!!
It's dark, stormy & cold here too. It was 39° this morn & Rob's the only one who knows how to work our finicky furnace. I wiggled the 2 litlle red knobs, like he told me & it still didn't work uuhhgg!
Tod, I'm glad you, Jethro & the chicks are okay. You two must be be adrenaline junkies to like storm chasing. Yikes! Lol!
And lizards, ants & mosquitos? My goodness, you have your hands full over there!
Ty Charlie & I'm really glad that your H recognized that he was going down the wrong rd. Hopefully a step in the right direction.
So my son & I picked up cleaned my house all afternoon yesterday. It was beginning to look like one of those houses on that show Hoarders. I won a 1/2 doz large boxes of vintage/antique thangs a couple of wks ago & they were still where Rob laid them, in the dining room.
We also gave my Chi & my son's ChiPoo a bath. Boy did they need it lol!
I hope everyone is having a good day!
Old 04-20-2015, 01:50 PM
  # 344 (permalink)  

Hi Blue, organic yeggies sounds yummy!
Old 04-20-2015, 02:19 PM
  # 345 (permalink)  

Hiya KZ!

My daughter just informed me that today is weed day? Lol never heard of that one.
Old 04-20-2015, 02:38 PM
  # 346 (permalink)  

Me either, Clean...too funny!
You know Mi may be legalizing marijuana soon. It's already a medical marijuana state. I'm a proponent of legalized pot. I don't smoke myself, but I just don't buy into the gateway drug argument. If you ask me, alcohol is much more of a gateway drug than pot & alcohol is legal. This is why. Alcohol loosens a person's inhibitions, more than any drug I know of ( & I've done them all, at 1point in my life or other. ) I know a lot of alcohol addicted people that feel "man, I wish I hadn't done that last night" & that's if they can remember what they did last night, yikes! Idk many people that smoke pot that say this, simply because they don't do all the foolish things that alcohol addicted do.
Not to mention, Mi could really, really use the revenue that the "sin" tax would bring it.

Bbl
Old 04-20-2015, 03:54 PM
  # 347 (permalink)  

While on the subject of politics, Mi has an upcoming proposal that would raise our tax to 7% & would raise 1.3 billion/yr, every yr. This would cost each person in Mi between $475-$550/ yr.! Well, Rob & I can't afford an extra $1000/yr.! Uuhhggg! So I say legalize pot & keep our taxes at 6%! The revenue from marijuana would be over a billion/yr. too.

Blue, were you talking about weed, as in marijuana? Or weed, as in weeds in the yard? Lol!

Did I shock you all? Lol! It's okay if you guys have a different opinion. Won't hurt my feelings.
Old 04-20-2015, 04:21 PM
  # 348 (permalink)  

Hey Kz and Clean!

I think April 20th has been National Weed/MJ day a long time. Ive never smoked it but dont hear of many violent crimes over it like alcohol or other drugs. People get mellow dont they, not exactly like Tod Mello Yellow, which I just figured out. Ewww

Its kinda funny though, we were at my parents and they were talking about a documentary they saw recently about alcohol and prohibition. My mom said they actually sold a bunch of the jails back then because they thought when it was illegal and not available then crime would fall. Someone took one and made it into some kind of animal barn with the cells I guess used to separate pigs and make chicken coops! Hahahaha

Then we were all discussing how there are really so many addictions in the world. Behaviorally speaking, how in the world did the use of drugs and alcohol get to be presumed to be so different, treated so different. People can be addicted to food, gaming, online chat sites, OCD behaviors like washing their hands, work, and tons of other things. It was an interesting conversation, kinda like the one Mr Blue and I had about whats at a persons core. But we didnt eat ice cream after this one, we discussed it all while eating chocolate cake and drinking coffee.
Old 04-20-2015, 04:33 PM
  # 349 (permalink)  

Pig & chicken coops outta jail cells? That's hilarious...poor lil animals hehe.
Crime probably raised during prohibition due to the widespread moonshine business...not sure, I'll have to Google that & see what I find out?

I do know that once upon a time ( 1800's & earlier ) alcohol was the most available of all drinks ( including water. ) So I would think that since it was so readily available & socially acceptable, that the general public never even considered it as a drug.
Old 04-20-2015, 04:41 PM
  # 350 (permalink)  

Oh & I just saw an article that said they were starting to treat the PTSD afflicted w/marijuana instead of benzos. And I am most definitely a supporter of this treatment. I'm still in W/d after quitting benzos 8 mos ago. I thought the w/d's were from quiiting suboxine, but it's been almost 2 mos since I quit them & idt they last that long. I know benzo withdrawals can last up to a yr & 1/2!
If I had just smoked a lil weed, I wouldn't have to go through never ending w/d's Uuhhgg lol!
Old 04-20-2015, 04:51 PM
  # 351 (permalink)  

Clean, answer to your "mellow yellow" question...I think it affects different peeps differently. I havent smoked it in many, many yrs., but it used to put me to sleep. But it affected Rob much differently. He has an extremely high metabolism & it used to just bring him down to other people's level, so to speak. He even looked normal ( never could tell he was high. )
Old 04-20-2015, 05:26 PM
  # 352 (permalink)  

My mom also said they discussed how water was contaminated and this is one reason alcohol became popular. It was safe to drink. Along this time, somewhere in here the first water fountains, it was a certain kind, dont think it was the modern day one we know, but they installed these hoping people would turn to water if they knew it was safe. I kinda wish Id seen the show but they did a good summary. I know! I was thinking how awful to lock little piggies in a cell. And your right, mom said crime went up and some of the remaining jails were overflowing with people. There was one called sing sing? She didnt know if they were able to buy back the pig pens or not. How could this not be a big part of the story! Ha!

I hope Clean took advantage of weed day, and had all the kids go out in the yard to pull legal garden weeds. It could start a tradition!
Old 04-20-2015, 05:49 PM
  # 353 (permalink)  

Blue, your last paragraph had me in stitches...rotf!y Too funny!
Old 04-20-2015, 05:53 PM
  # 354 (permalink)  

hello everyone!

I try to keep up to date, but i've been so busy these days, i've hardly time. I have several assignments due, and spend a lot of time outside with my friends. Today we got the day off due to Patriots Day (not sure if that's only a New England thing, or all across the US) and I went to Boston to see the Marathon. Always when I see those runners i kinda want to do it too, but then later i'm like way to lazy for that lol. Even though it was very rainy and very cold it was a fun day. It's very impressing how the city bounced back after the sad events 2 years ago.

Semester is coming to an end soon, which is not easy for me and makes me very, very sad. I just can't imagine going back.

Clean, Congratulations on 3 months without a cig! That is huuuuuuge!

Hello to everyone else! Hope you're all doing well!
Old 04-20-2015, 06:29 PM
  # 355 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kzaug2014 View Post
Clean, answer to your "mellow yellow" question...I think it affects different peeps differently. I havent smoked it in many, many yrs., but it used to put me to sleep. But it affected Rob much differently. He has an extremely high metabolism & it used to just bring him down to other people's level, so to speak. He even looked normal ( never could tell he was high. )
wait a minute kz that mellow yellow comment had nothing to do with me. Lol Tod was the first to bring that up. Then Blue. That didnt come from me.

DARN blue I came here too late and missed a perfect opportunity to get my yard weeded! Blue how did you know my yard needed that desperate!y?

I don't know if I'm for legal weed or against? I'm sorry. I usually have very strong opinions of things...but that one I just doing know. I didn't think proabition did much good plus Im certainly not a fan of the war on drugs....so I probably do lean towards legalizing it. I just never cared much for its effects. Its one drug I didnt care for.

Thanks everyone for the congrats. Appreciate it!

My youngest took over my iPad. Can't write on this tablet.
Old 04-20-2015, 06:46 PM
  # 356 (permalink)  

Oh my, it was Blue! Typo....yikes! I haven't talk to Tod, but I'm sure she'll be here soon ( & be posting long after I hit the hay lol. )
Clean, don't feel bad, I've been posting on a 5.5inch phone screen ( don't have a tablet ugh lol. )
Hi Butter
Old 04-20-2015, 06:48 PM
  # 357 (permalink)  

There's something wrong with H. He can't speak clearly or walk but he says he hasn't been drinking, doesn't smell like booze and won't let me call 911. I thought for sure he was drunk because his eyes won't focus but he doesn't smell and he says he hasn't and i can't find any evidence. He fell asleep at 7.
What do I do? Call 911 anyway? He's buck naked and won't get dressed
Old 04-20-2015, 06:51 PM
  # 358 (permalink)  

If i call 911 and nothing is wrong he made it very clear there will be hell to pay. Which makes me think he's drunk. On the other hand if there's something wrong i don't think I could live with myself.
Old 04-20-2015, 06:53 PM
  # 359 (permalink)  

Call 911, especially if you think he isn't drunk. not being able to speak or walk can be signs of serious problems that need to be taken care of immediately!!!!
Old 04-20-2015, 06:55 PM
  # 360 (permalink)  

I should explain, he can talk and walk but he's slurring and not walking in a straight line. I went into the bathroom and he has put all the bath mat and all Ds's toys in the tub and couldn't tell me why. But he could certainly tell me what would happen if I called 911.
Im going to watch him closely for the next little bit and make a judgement call.

The more I see the more I think he's drunk.