Notices

Step 3 prayer with a sponsor?

Old 01-08-2014, 10:45 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I'm very grateful for how my first sponsor did the 3rd step with me. She was very much a church person and spoke about doing the third step with her sponsor in a church and lighting candles and all that, which scared the hell out of me! So she asked me where I felt the most spiritual. I said in the mountains. She had me re-write the 3rd step prayer because I was very uncomfortable with some of the language of the one in the book. (My version said essentially the same thing but it came from my heart and had language I understood and wasn't off-putting to me). Then we went up in the mountains to this beautiful scenic overlook and sat together. I said my version and she said the one from the book. It was one of the most beautiful moments I've ever experienced, and I still return to that spot regularly when I need a spiritual boost. I call it my god spot, which is funny because its one of the only times I actually use the word god. (My higher power goes by a different name the rest of the time.