Notices

10th Step

Old 06-23-2009, 05:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

10th Step

I'm going to start writing out my 10th step every day. I do "spot check" inventories, and a quick mental 10th step at night, but I want to go a little deeper into the 10th step and write it on paper. Basically this post is a physical representation of my commitment to doing so. Hey, some of us need a little extra push!

Do any of you do a written 10th step on a daily basis? What's your overall experience with the 10th step? And would anyone like to join me on this written 10th step adventure? We can encourage each other, etc. to stay on track.
Old 06-23-2009, 07:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Howdy Pagekeeper.

I find a huge benefit to writing out a 10th step on a daily basis. I got lazy and was doing the mental overview of my day while lying (lying?) in bed, and spot check when needed. The problem with that is, I'm not always a great judge of 'when needed'. About a year ago I started to hear this other guy in my home group talk about the wonders of a dedicated 10th step. He made good sense. So, I made the simple change of doing it earlier in the evening when my motivation is there, and putting it on paper.

I don't know if it's just the schedule change, or the magic of putting it on paper, but it's been good for me. I'm clearing wreckage as it happens, and maybe more importantly, I'm seeing those defects in real time. It's become a daily 6,7,8,9,10,11 process. It doesn't take much time and I'm happier and more free.

So, yeah, I'll support and join you with this.
Old 06-23-2009, 08:18 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey Keith,

Thank you! I appreciate the support.
Old 06-23-2009, 08:35 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

A written daily 10th step is an excellent discipline, check out my SR page, I have a form I use in one of my blogs. You may find it beneficial to your current practice.
Old 06-24-2009, 05:03 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Last night I wrote out my 10th step with Rob's questions. This morning I read step 11.

So far so good.
Old 07-02-2009, 09:36 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

So far, so good. Missed two days last week but got right back on track. I'm beginning to notice a few patterns. Also, my motives are more obvious, or I'm more aware of them, if that makes sense. I do much more pausing.