SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Secular 12 Step Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/secular-12-step-recovery/)
-   -   Well guys, I've found my higher power. (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/secular-12-step-recovery/149989-well-guys-ive-found-my-higher-power.html)

windysan 05-15-2008 12:07 PM

Well guys, I've found my higher power.

The guy who cooks the baby back ribs over at the rib shack. Dang, he's God of the Smoker !!

Zencat 05-15-2008 01:31 PM

Rib's: sounds spiritual too me. http://www.mazeguy.net/silly/dopey.gif

windysan 05-15-2008 10:11 PM

I was morally, physically, and spiritually bankrupt until his dry rub entered my life. Wait for the miracle, y'all, it's on Hwy 51 in Hammond, LA right near the University exit.

1. We admitted we were powerless over ribs and brisket — that our lives had become unmanageable.

2. Came to believe that a grillmaster greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.

3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of BBQ even though we didn't know the recipes or smoking procedures.

4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of our stomachs.

5. Admitted to Elvis Presley, to ourselves and to BB King the exact nature of our culinary indiscretions.

6. Were entirely ready to have the grillmaster remove all the gristle but not all of the fat.

7. Humbly asked Him for more shortribs.

8. Made a list of all bad BBQ we had eaten, and became willing to avoid fast food BBQ.

9. Made better recipes whenever possible, except when to do so would insult the inlaws.

10. Continued to take personal inventory or all pork and when we chose poor grade pork promptly admitted it.

11. Sought through gorging and indigestion to improve our conscious contact with pork, as we scarfed it down, praying only for knowledge of pork's sustenance for us and the power to carry home some take-out.

12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of our gluttony, we tried to carry this take-out to family members but somehow got sidetracked and came home emptyhanded.

serenityqueen 05-15-2008 10:40 PM

Oh, Windy, you are just toooo much!

Tell me, are you getting free ribs for a year for pluggin the rib joint? lol

Happy Grubbing,
Judy

windysan 05-16-2008 06:12 AM

Serenity.....I plan on doing 90 meetings in 90 days over there !!

Zencat 05-16-2008 10:43 AM

Now thats a program you can sink your teeth into.

kj3880 05-16-2008 12:27 PM

That is hilarious!!! Can I carry the message out into the world?
kj

kj3880 05-16-2008 12:27 PM

or at least to the still-suffering fast-food patrons??

windysan 05-16-2008 01:22 PM

http://www.hickoryhouseribs.com/pix_.../ribclones.jpg

best 05-16-2008 01:27 PM

and brisket
Now your talkin

windysan 05-17-2008 05:31 AM

my higher power slowly smokes his brisket ..... NINE FRIGGIN HOURS !!!!! when you pick up a piece too eagerly it falls apart. IT'S LIKE FRIGGIN BUTTAH I TELL YA, BUTTAH !!!

historyteach 05-17-2008 06:33 AM

Does this thread have anything to do with your other thread about finding enjoyment in the simple things since you've gotten clean? :rof

Love the steps! :e058:
Curious, though....
Is it kosher? :haha:

Shalom!

windysan 05-17-2008 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by historyteach (Post 1774430)
Does this thread have anything to do with your other thread about finding enjoyment in the simple things since you've gotten clean? :rof

Love the steps! :e058:
Curious, though....
Is it kosher? :haha:

Shalom!

somehow they are related.

about as kosher as raw oysters and boiled crawfish.

what is it......cloven hoof that chews the cud? something like that.

Oy ve !

Tommyh 05-20-2008 03:23 AM

I must admit I am a hopeless,helpless rib and brisket addict...I went on a brisket binge last night and I `l probably raid the fridge in a minute for the leftovers....nothing like a little hair off the dog that bit ya

windysan 05-20-2008 05:31 AM

Originally Posted by bballdad (Post 1777027)
I must admit I am a hopeless,helpless rib and brisket addict...I went on a brisket binge last night and I `l probably raid the fridge in a minute for the leftovers....nothing like a little hair off the dog that bit ya

You're the most important person in this meeting right now. Thanks for sharing. LOL:rof

Emimily 05-20-2008 05:39 AM

i want some ribs... might be drivin to louisiana, i need a spiritual journey. rib mecca. mmm...

windysan 05-20-2008 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by Emimily (Post 1777117)
i want some ribs... might be drivin to louisiana, i need a spiritual journey. rib mecca. mmm...

you are closer to memphis. memphis for bbq, louisiana for seafood. we have good bbq here but nothing that rivals the memphis scene, or st. louis scene, or texas scene.

best 05-20-2008 01:07 PM

My son found a BBQ place just outside of Boston.
I think they found a way to put hell's fire into a sauce.
The Fire Pit is the name of the place and if you want the hot sauce, you need sign a permission slip before they give you any.

On the slip (aside from the legal mumbo jumbo) it says...

So You Really Want To Die?

Sign here.......................

windysan 05-20-2008 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by best (Post 1777511)
My son found a BBQ place just outside of Boston.
I think they found a way to put hell's fire into a sauce.
The Fire Pit is the name of the place and if you want the hot sauce, you need sign a permission slip before they give you any.

On the slip (aside from the legal mumbo jumbo) it says...

So You Really Want To Die?

Sign here.......................

it has to be the habanero or the thai supermegachili