Hard as a rock lump on arm from IV use of heroin - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Go Back   SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Special-Interest Groups > Recovery and Pain Management
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2017, 10:48 PM   #1 (permalink)

Wink

Hard as a rock lump on arm from IV use of heroin

Hello guys, I just made an account on this forum. I have been using heroin since 17 yrs old, I am 21 now. It was not until very recent that I finally WANT to quit, myself, and not just having my family push me towards quitting. That is the reason why it never worked before. My last bag was 8 days ago, I am on methadone. The only reason why I am able to not go back now is that I myself want to change, I started going to the gym, I want to change so bad now and I do not want to start using again. Okay now the reason I made this post is, I have been injecting all this time, I am not the best IV user and I have missed plenty of times. I figured I still got high, even if I missed, so I really stopped caring if I missed or not. Well, that came with very big problems for my body. I have lumps on my arms, hard, solid lumps, hard as a rock in touch. They don't seem to want to go away. It has been that 8 days now and the lump is still as big as it was when I injected. It is painful to touch but does not hurt when it's left alone. It is not an abscess, I think it is just a scar tissue. But the question is, how do I get rid of it? Do I just wait? Is there any home treatment for it? Thanks in advance.

Kvba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 10:52 PM   #2 (permalink)

Hi and welcoem KVBA.

I know nothing about IV drug use, but I'd want to get them checked out just in case they are abscesses or something else.

I know how scary, and potentially embarrassing, that is, but it's one way to get peace of mind.