Medical Cannabis and Guilt - Page 2 - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Go Back   SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information >
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2019, 07:31 PM   #21 (permalink)

I find this Re: insurance to be an issue as well. My copay for a chiropractor is more expensive than what the Chiro charges without insurance, so I just don't use it. Insurance, the same as medical doctors, often refuse to acknowledge that many of our issues can be treated without pills, pills, and even more pills.

I'm familiar with craniosacral therapy. I tried anything and everything to alleviate the migraine that nearly drove me mad. Shortly after being rear ended by someone going 60mph, my neck was so out of alignment that eventually the C1 and C2 had pinched the optic nerves that run through the area, causing the migraine. For 2 full months I couldn't tolerate any light and my vision was blurry. Neurologists, CT scans, MRI...no one could figure out why nothing was working.

After a friend pointed me in the right direction, the migraine was gone within 2 weeks thanks to the chiropractor, craniosacral therapy, and deep tissue. My vision restored. The neurologist, who I had to see again to sign off on me returning to work, refused to believe that I was healed by someone other than a neurologist. Especially "fake doctors". That attitude is also held by insurance companies more times than not. It's quite disheartening.

Now I just spend $100 every 2 or 3 weeks for routine deep tissue and adjustment and I'm migraine free. I still have a ton of pain and I frequently get tingling in the back of my head and bad headaches, but I can still function, even if I'm hurting. That's when I really miss the booze lol....the alcohol really let me relax, loosen up the muscles, and quite often crack my neck myself. To mention escape from the pain that ibuprofen can't get rid of.
abgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 02:34 PM   #22 (permalink)

I'm glad your treatment plan is working for you abgator. Mine is still a work in progress.
leanabeana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 06:04 PM   #23 (permalink)

Thanks. I hope you find relief. Have you had an MRI or CT scan or anything that hints at a deeper cause for the migraines or is it purely a physical issue?
Old 09-27-2019, 09:45 AM   #24 (permalink)

Nope, never had an MRI or CT of my head. Weird, right? I have a follow up with my neurologist in November so I will ask. I know stress is a trigger, but it would be nice to rule out other possible causes.
leanabeana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 02:55 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by leanabeana View Post
Nope, never had an MRI or CT of my head. Weird, right? I have a follow up with my neurologist in November so I will ask. I know stress is a trigger, but it would be nice to rule out other possible causes.
Yep. Sometimes just knowing that it isn't something serious can alleviate at least that portion of stress.
The Following User Says Thank You to abgator For This Useful Post:
leanabeana (09-29-2019)