Since 2 weeks I have itching and red bumps on my skin - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Go Back   SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Special-Interest Groups > Recovery and Pain Management
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2013, 11:57 AM   #1 (permalink)

Since 2 weeks I have itching and red bumps on my skin

After 4 years sober I started drinking again last April, I have decided to stop again, today its my 4th day of good living but I have a problem.

About 2 weeks ago I started itching my leg, I had a small bump, thought it was a normal insect bite, but the bumps spread first to my legs, then to my arms now neck and a bit on my bowel.

Any one had similar problems? I went to my doctor last Saturday and said it was eczema. Afterwards I started my drinking day again (I always drink cheap beer about 8 to 10 pints daily ), I also drank on Sunday. Monday morning I decided that my drinking has to stop.

Anyway I think is more excessive hestamine and my body is throwing it out this way. What are your opinions please?
JCMalta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:37 PM   #2 (permalink)

Hi JCmalta

we can't give medical advice in this forum, I'm afraid.
what makes you think it's not eczema?

D
Old 02-21-2013, 12:43 PM   #3 (permalink)

Dee I feel its something related to my drinking, I've been having eczema pills for the past 5 days and itching still the same. More than medical advise I'm looking for an experience like mine, this form can boost my recovery. Thanks for caring
JCMalta is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JCMalta For This Useful Post:
Dee74 (02-21-2013)
Old 02-24-2013, 05:27 AM   #4 (permalink)

Smile

HI JC,, i used hemp oil for my dauhgters eczema,,it helped an awful lot,,i know u can get it in the body shop,,hope that helps, xx
ps its not medical advice,,just what i used xx
also,,chatted to a mate yesterday,,and he gets all itchy cos of his diabtetes!!
maybe get a bolld test done for that???
lv cleo xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited by Cleopatra1; 02-24-2013 at 05:28 AM. Reason: addd info
Cleopatra1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cleopatra1 For This Useful Post:
JCMalta (02-25-2013)
Old 02-24-2013, 05:29 AM   #5 (permalink)

blood ,,not bolld lol
xx
Old 10-29-2013, 02:12 AM   #6 (permalink)

I was a heavy alcoholic(i dont think i was addicted, but i did have a major problem when i did drink) for years drank since i was 15 to 22, overdosed and should of died. Went to rehab .
But i was a binge drinker, drink non stop for days, weeks, then stop and horrible withdrawels. Seizures,shakes,itching! Yes i think its withdrawels, bcs ur liver is working harder so ur gonna itch!
The worse withdrawels i had was over a year ago. I just got out of rehab(for court) and drank hardcore ,nonstop for a week. On day 6 i literally thought i was going to die, i pissed myself, threw up, couldnt fix it with alcohol, rapid heartbeat,itching,fever and more! I begged and my friend took me back to detox at the rehab! The next 5 days were some the worse days of my life!!
You will itch for a bit, but i used bendryl in rehab. It worked. Also take liver pills.

Also since now im over a year sober of alcohol, i know for a fact ur body will be craving sugar(alcohol has a ton of sugar in it) i drink alot of soda. So if u get the urge to drink, eat/drink something with sugar.

I dont believe in a.a. for me. But is helps ppl. (I found out that my drinking was cause i was depressed,and
Lonely) i have no urges for it anymore.

*** ALCOHOL IS THE MOST DANGEROUS DRUG(except benzos) TO DETOX FROM! IT HURTS MORE ORGANS THAN ANY DRUG, AND CAN KILL YOU ! IF U FEEL FAINT, GO TO THE E.R., THEY CAN GIVE YOU ATIVAN TO WEAN YOU OFF, I HOPE MY EXPIRENCE HELPS***
Old 05-05-2017, 07:56 PM   #7 (permalink)

Oh yes...

No medical advice here but I can tell you I'm at the end of day 6 and I have lots of tiny, red bumps on my upper arms, chest, and back. They itch but not terrible bad, just annoying. Glad I saw this post because I was wondering if anyone else has had this also.
Sandwedge is offline   Reply With Quote