Demi Moore - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Go Back   SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information >
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2019, 02:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
Life is good

Demi Moore

Quote:
Early in my career, I was spiraling down a path of real self-destruction, and no matter what successes I had, I just never felt good enough," Moore said in her acceptance speech on Saturday, according to People. "I had absolutely no value for myself."

Moore went to rehab for addiction in the 1980s and then had a relapse in 2012. During her speech, she expressed gratitude for two people she "barely knew" for turning her life around when she had reached rock bottom.

"And this self-destructive path, it very quickly...brought me to a real crisis point," she said. "And it wasn't clear at the time the reason -- maybe it was divine intervention -- but two people who I barely knew stepped up and took a stand for me, and they presented me with an opportunity."

"In fact, it was more like an ultimatum ... unless I was dead, that I better show up," she continued. "They gave me a chance to redirect the course of my life before I destroyed everything. Clearly, they saw more of me than I saw of myself. And I'm so grateful because without that opportunity, without their belief in me, I wouldn't be standing here today."

"I know in a moment of great struggle for me, I reached out to a wise teacher and expressed my fear that I wasn't good enough," Moore concluded her speech. "And she said, 'You will never be good enough but you can know the value of your worth. Put down the measuring stick.' So today, I put down the measuring stick and I thank you for this beautiful acknowledgment and the opportunity to know the value of my worth...I think the root of what really fulfills us in life is being of service."
Information about her relapse:
https://pagesix.com/2019/09/24/demi-...-a-real-thing/

Big kudos on her making it back!!

Who we spend time with, our daily routines of recovery actions and making day-to-day deliberate decisions can help greatly in protecting our long term recovery.

I'm not alcoholic. I am in Recovery. One day at a time. It's a journey.
Mango212 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mango212 For This Useful Post:
ManInTheArena (12-01-2019), Opivotal (12-01-2019), TimeToChill (02-10-2020)