SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Permanent Abstinence Based Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/permanent-abstinence-based-recovery/)
-   -   Day 3... (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/permanent-abstinence-based-recovery/441820-day-3-a.html)

nightshade131 09-09-2019 02:01 PM

Day 3...

A very up and down day... no drink...
I eat better, felt a bit more focused, dealt with some mild crap at work. Around 2pm I had a banging headache - normal? Got home, sorted out dinner (ignored the washing up) and fixed some computer probs for Dad - all without getting too aggy about it. Quick wash, pj's and now here...
So, the main thing is - I practiced my BP. Like at 3pm, when I normally go and get my 'fix' ready for the evening - I just said 'I am never going to drink again and I am never changing my mind, for better or worse. '
I read that in an AVRT thread and 'TU' wrote it. :tyou
That's pretty much all I did - normal stuff, you know? And now I feel knackered, but a 'clean' knackered. If I wake at 3am , I will take the bins out, have coffee, check forum and shower. Though really I am hoping for a good nights sleep today x

August252015 09-09-2019 02:02 PM

Good job!!

nightshade131 09-09-2019 02:06 PM

August, this Monday actually wasn't that bad - and I dealt with it, so thank you :-)

MesaMan 09-09-2019 07:58 PM

Hey NS ~

Way to tackle things head-on, and do what has to be done!

I recall some magic definitely happening at about 1 Week in. I presume that Internal Systems were starting to level out, and return back to some nominal State. Just adapting to that feels kinda weird; like some sort of 'abnormal'. When, in fact, it was very normal. I had just forgotten what 'normal' feels like. Especially after puking in the Shower every Morning, and sometimes spitting up fresh Blood. I couldn't keep Food down much. Being blacked-out several times/Day was 'normal'.

Simple stuff counts: drink Water. Eat well. For me, staying distracted was huge. I read, and wrote. AVRT hit a resonant Chord with me, and it always felt fantastic to take charge of changes that returned me to being me.

nightshade131 09-09-2019 10:36 PM

Thank you MesaMan, you are right it's definitely the taking charge of things.
I was drinking because I didn't feel in charge - of anything. Work, family, life in general. Really drinking was in charge of me.
I had a great few hours sleep last night, I know I dreamt lots but I can't remember it.

Fusion 09-10-2019 02:46 AM

Congratulations on Day 3, nightshade 🤗.

I too find an improvement after the first week. However, that was also when my Beast began screaming via its AV for a drink, because “you feel better now, and instead of daily drinking, just a couple at the weekend would be OK”.. Oh how IT lies!

Lucinda2 09-16-2019 11:49 AM

How are you doing Nightshade? Thinking of you. :)