Non Fungible Tokens of Permanent Abstinence

Old 03-17-2021, 02:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Not The Way way, Just the way

Non Fungible Tokens of Permanent Abstinence

The new digital technology for creating, publicizing, tokenizing a smart contract for ownership of, and thereby creating a market and possible value for something unique has arrived. And what can be more unique than a pledge of permanent abstinence. I mean, we can only make it once in our lives, too.

If NFT’s existed 1.5 centuries ago, it is certain that one of its first uses would have been to encourage people to create their own NFTs of their pledges of permanent abstinence. They DID create all kinds of written and socialized pledges, often on special pages in the front of family Bibles. But those pledges were not pristine. They were all connected with supporting some institution or another.

Today, new digital technology has also caused increasing invasion of our privacies and uses of our personal information to gain profit.

I believe, though, that once a person has committed to permanent abstinence and KNOWS they will never drink/drug again, it is possible to become comfortable with becoming known as a non-drinker with no need for any reference as to WHY becoming a permanent abstainer occured. I also think it might be possible for NFT creators to remain anonymous. I’m not sure, though.

I remember when I finally quit for good. I knew my drinking days were over. Well, that was more than 0.4 centuries ago. But being here on SR to help encourage pledge-making, and seeing how so many people hem and haw about taking a stand for themselves against their Addictive Voices, I decided I’m soon going over to one of those websites where i can create an NFT of my Pledge of Permanent Abstinence. First I will have to make a piece of “artwork” of my pledge. No idea what it will be. But, already, it is becoming fun.

I’ve been wearing my permanent abstinence here like a very loose garment for the last nine years. Before coming here, the issue of not drinking in my previous two decades took up less than a few minutes a year, even though I had been deeply involved in the recovery group movement as a rabble rouser (originally by court coercion) for more than a decade early on.

AVRT ALL DE WAY!! HEY HEY!
WHAT DO WE WANT? PERMANENT ABSTINENCE!
WHEN DO WE WANT IT? NOW!!

Stop that GT, like you said “wear it like a loose garment.”

GT

Old 03-21-2021, 02:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

GT, your post brought a smile to my face, after several grim weeks. I'd like to see your finalised NFT 😎.

Originally Posted by GerandTwine View Post
I’ve been wearing my permanent abstinence here like a very loose garment for the last nine years. Before coming here, the issue of not drinking in my previous two decades took up less than a few minutes a year, even though I had been deeply involved in the recovery group movement as a rabble rouser (originally by court coercion) for more than a decade early on.

AVRT ALL DE WAY!! HEY HEY!
WHAT DO WE WANT? PERMANENT ABSTINENCE!
WHEN DO WE WANT IT? NOW!!

Stop that GT, like you said “wear it like a loose garment.”

GT
Old 08-07-2021, 02:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
HFA

this was a very interesting post
Old 08-07-2021, 03:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It was. I would like to know what happened. Where is that finalised NFT. I found GerandTwine to be very inspiring in his posts,