SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Opioid Addiction (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/opioid-addiction/)
-   -   vicoden headache like crazy (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/opioid-addiction/460161-vicoden-headache-like-crazy.html)

CobraCommander 08-01-2022 12:27 AM

vicoden headache like crazy

so i quit vicoden around 4th of july. i was taking about 5mg a day for over a year (would break the 5 in half and take about 2mg in morning and the other 2 later on). im not stranger to withdrawals and stopping. previously on this forum i stopped oxys after using them for over 10 years. but ive had tension headaches for 2 weeks straight.

has anyone had a similar experince like this with headaches? ive never actually had a tension headache before but i read somewhere that vic withdrawals can cause them. i had 1 day it was gone. and a few misc days where it was less or on and off. now when i eat it triggers the headache almost like tmj. if i lay down it feels a bit better. it was kind of like just leg cramps the first 2 weeks which is common and then now a headache for 2 weeks.

CobraCommander 08-06-2022 11:56 PM

so just a update since no one responded and hopefully this helps someone in the future if i blog this.

the headaches are almost nonstop now. i cant do anything but sleep. if i talk my head hurts more. if i read to much my head hurts more. if i eat my head hurts more

went to a dr (if thats what you want to call it these days since all thats available is assistants fresh out of training class)

got really no results from them. gave me a anti inflamatory pill and magnesium. so far this has done nothing. ibprofin, nothing, excedrine migraine, nothing. caffeine, nothing. sometimes sleeping helps and sometimes it does the opposite. i asked for blood work. main things to check which i already had checked 2 months ago are sugar, and blood pressure. those are ok. cholesterol is borderline.

i wanted xrays of my head to rule of brain tumor or anuerysm. they said wait for the pills to work. this did not make me happy. id rather rule out anything serious that cant be seen with the naked eye just in case its not withdrawals.

so i guess well see what happens. they either go away soon. or they find something else. there is absolutely no help on this at all anywhere. google search has become a joke. so has youtube. youtube is all lectures of how some guy recovered and now hes making a living talking about it. google results arent much different. nobody ever says i had this, and this lasted so and so long.

like for example when i quit oxycodones i had a 3 month cough. thats not listed as a side effect anywhere. it drove me crazy. i dug down so deep that i found it is in fact a non common side effect thats not lsited because not enough people have it. it wasnt until then i felt at ease knowing ok this has happened to others.

a pat on the back saying your doing good is ok. but a "yah i had that" or :"yah im going through that as well" helps more. right now i feel like the only person in the world who has a headache

Jimmy9212 09-24-2022 09:17 AM

Hey - just now signing in after months of not. The headache is real. I have it and understand it.. I’m craving them so bad.. and I know that one pill would take that headache away - but it’s not worth it.

stay positive.. excedrin, the actual name brand - I’ve found those work and not the generic Walmart type. Maybe that’s placebo effect. A banana, some working out.. exercise. Exercise seems to really help.. balances the brain chemicals and helps relieve the headache. Sorry you’re going thru this. Just keep pushing forward.

CobraCommander 09-24-2022 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by Jimmy9212 (Post 7856456)
Hey - just now signing in after months of not. The headache is real. I have it and understand it.. I’m craving them so bad.. and I know that one pill would take that headache away - but it’s not worth it.

stay positive.. excedrin, the actual name brand - I’ve found those work and not the generic Walmart type. Maybe that’s placebo effect. A banana, some working out.. exercise. Exercise seems to really help.. balances the brain chemicals and helps relieve the headache. Sorry you’re going thru this. Just keep pushing forward.

thanks man. i dont really have any cravings, with me its more so the actual regular pain i have is the only cravings i get. my head isnt any better. if i get to worked up about something and start ranting then my brain gets so shocked my speech gets messed up and i cant even talk. some days its only a little bit. i mostly feel it in the front middle of my forehead. and then it expands if it gets worse. sometimes it completely shuts my body down as if my brain capacity just goes to 0. i dunno if its stress anxiety hieghtened or what. anxiety meds are the only thing that somewhat help.

CobraCommander 11-14-2022 04:59 PM

so i figured id give a update. the headaches had subsided last month and are gone now. it went from every single day to slowly getting less painfull until they were gone. i still have no actual idea if it was a withdrawal symptom or stress as stress seemed to trigger it. all my dr tests were ok. i had one episode from stress where i could feel it getting bad since then but it didnt have enough power to escalate it seemed. it was only minor. i did end up taking about a full month off of working on everything i was doing because i pretty much just couldnt think or move. since then ive only took a piece of a pill once in a blue moon when i have a hard time walking or moving or trying to get to sleep because of actual pain where im crying hoping to sleep. i usually break a pill into 4 sections. take a quarter and that might be enough, if not take the other quarter. (which is about 2.5 mg a quarter which is basically nothing). living in pain sucks. i wish drs could not group addicts and people in pain in one category.

oh also no headache medication wouldnt work, i think it actually made me feel worse. no over the counter like excedrine migraine which usually helps, it didnt work. the usual headache medicine that drs and neurologists gave me didnt work as well and made me feel a little loopy and nausea i did not take the full dose after asking others who had tried it. i tried half then the other half. but no results

Jimmy9212 03-06-2023 01:44 PM

Cobra,

I’m glad they stopped!! Did you ever find out what they were - a medical diagnosis? Or did they simply stop? I’m glad they did.

CobraCommander 03-07-2023 02:03 AM

Originally Posted by Jimmy9212 (Post 7910910)
Cobra,

I’m glad they stopped!! Did you ever find out what they were - a medical diagnosis? Or did they simply stop? I’m glad they did.

hi, eventually they just stopped. dr's couldnt figure it out. i had a brain scan mri and nothing showed up so i stopped worry about it as much after that. i had a 2nd appointment with the neurologist and i cancelled it. i figured someone else needed it more then me. my conclusions was 3 things. 1. vicoden withdrawal 2. stress, i was under a extreme amount of stress from working on my garage. i was fighting a losing battle with a leaky roof and animals and insects. 3. using a ladder, i was using a ladder for like 2-3 months replacing the fascia under my roof, this meant i was constantly looking upwards all day tilting my head back.

i think the combination of pill withdrawal, tilting my head back and putting pressure on my neck, and the horrific stress i was hit with was a 3 hit combo on my brain. i basically stopped doing anything. or more so my brain stopped me. it had got less and less and more spaced out until it finally just stopped happening. i did nothing for over a month i think. afterwards i eventually got to painting outside like 40 hours in a week and did ok with no head issues

i bounce back and forth on and off pain meds and been through prob every withdrawal symptom now possible i think. when i was prescribed them i was on 6-8 oxycodones a day. around 2013 they stopped prescribing to people and i made a plunge to get off for a few years. since then i sometimes get 5mg vicodens from a friend and ill take one daily for a few months, stop for a few months, depends if they have any extra. its not to get high though, its because my pain is out of control and im only 40 and i just cant walk somedays or leave my house. and dr's are so anal about prescribing pain meds now that for any sort of relief in life i have to get them from people. anytime i have them i hurry up and get a bunch of work done and then when i dont have them i lay in bed all day for weeks. sucks but whatever

Jimmy9212 03-07-2023 04:52 PM

I’m glad you got it sorted out.. even though they stopped on their own kinda. I hope they stay gone.