SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Opioid Addiction (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/opioid-addiction/)
-   -   Want off of these norcos! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/opioid-addiction/456133-want-off-these-norcos.html)

least 11-02-2021 08:12 PM

Want off of these norcos!

Doctors have been giving me norco for a month and the constipation is more than I can stand. I've got an appt with the pain doctor tomorrow morning and I'm going to ask him to please taper me off them.

I've got an appt for a caudal block on the 24th but don't think I can stand taking them that much longer. I want off these evil pills! :dee

I hope getting off them won't be too upsetting as I've only been taking them for a month.

Dee74 11-02-2021 09:11 PM

I hope the doctor can help least :)

D

aasharon90 11-03-2021 04:15 AM

Doctors will prescribe whatever THEY feel is needed to
treat their patients. High powered addicting drugs/meds.

Unless we stand strong when talking to the doctor before
they whip out their pads or disappears to their office to write
out your script.

We have to talk to them with respect because they are
treating us, but, unless they know we are in recovery for
addiction, they will never know our struggles are with meds
that are narcotic or habit forming.

We have to be adamant, strong and firm in our words, letting
them know that we don't want any of those meds that will
set us back into our addiction.

Ask and research these meds they prescribe and talk
to your pharmacist about these meds too.

We do all we can to protect our recovery and sobriety
because no one else will. We are responsible for all of
it. It belongs to us and it keeps us peaceful and healthy
in all our affairs.

If you don't feel good about your doctor and how he
prescribes meds, then find another one you can work
with honestly and comfortably with.

Continue to work towards finding an effective solution
to your pain, so that you can be free, healthy and happy
again.

Remember too, that not all meds work the same for
everyone. What may work for one may not work for
you because we are all made up differently inside.

least 11-03-2021 08:40 AM

Saw the NP today and told her I wanted to get off these pills. She prescribed clonidine to help with the w/d. Will ask my brother to stop by the drug store and get them for me.

Can't find any pants to wear that don't make my cramps worse. They fit so tight over my stomach and it hurts cause of the bloating. Just changed into my shorts and it's a bit better now.

aasharon90 11-03-2021 09:37 AM

Some medicines Least have side affects and maybe
the bloating is from that medicine. Hoping it will leave
your system soon and then your body will adjust and
bloating will disappear.

Im not a pants kinda women and wear dresses all
the time. They are definitely comfy with weight changes
or relaxing in and yes, i do gardening in them too. :c043:

No binding clothes for me. :ValA002:

Not familiar with the new script. and do hope this one
agrees with you better. :c014:

least 11-03-2021 01:51 PM

Clonidine is for the norco w/d's. The med I'm taking now is for constipation, Sennekot, a stool softener, but it's not that causing the bloating, it's the constipation. :( I don't know how opioid addicts can stand it. :dee

least 11-04-2021 08:33 AM

Checked my BP this morning and it was ok to take the clonidine. My feet feel like I'm walking on blocks of ice, cold and numb and painful. :(

The pain is bad today but I'm glad I'm no longer taking norco.

stickyone 11-04-2021 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by least (Post 7721042)
Checked my BP this morning and it was ok to take the clonidine. My feet feel like I'm walking on blocks of ice, cold and numb and painful. :(

The pain is bad today but I'm glad I'm no longer taking norco.

Great your feeling better today. Depending on the length and dosage of your use will usually indicate the severity of the withdrawal. If I'm correct Norco is hydrocodone 7.5 mg. I was at 100-200 mg per day of hydrocodone. Withdrawal sucks I'm not a medical professional but would say keep hydrated when the physical symptoms subside exercise will help with tremendously. Stay strong it will pass.

least 11-04-2021 02:36 PM

They had me on 5-325* mg, two tablets three times a day. Was on that dose for about 3 weeks. I don't know what dosage that is for a whole day, but it was barely touching the pain. I'm just glad to not be taking them anymore. Nasty pills. :(

*whatever that means...

stickyone 11-05-2021 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by least (Post 7721143)
They had me on 5-325* mg, two tablets three times a day. Was on that dose for about 3 weeks. I don't know what dosage that is for a whole day, but it was barely touching the pain. I'm just glad to not be taking them anymore. Nasty pills. :(

*whatever that means...

That would be 5mg of hydrocodone and 325 of acetaminophen. The upside is that is not very long or high of a dosage. Working with your doctor would be the best option on tapering. Looking for healthier options to minimize the pain you are going through. Ice, heat healthy diet and exercise can all help with your recovery and inflammation if that is what is the source of pain. Take care you will get through it.

Alpine 11-05-2021 02:51 PM

Least, sorry you are going through all of this. I bet the 24th can't come soon enough. I am wishing you the very best and hope your stomach gets to feeling better. Having "tight" pants on your abdomen when it hurts and is distended is no fun at all.

least 11-05-2021 03:34 PM

Well, I've been off the norco for three whole days and some of the 'side effects' are going away. :) Still wearing my baggy pants tho. BP was high enough this morning to take the clonidine. Glad I wasn't on a higher dose or for a longer time period.

least 11-06-2021 08:46 AM

Day four off the norco. Still having some of the 'side effects' of it but hoping that goes away. Took my clonidine this morning.

least 11-07-2021 09:45 AM

Five days off the norco but the constipation is still a problem. :(

Not so much pain today but my feet are still numb and painful. :(

aasharon90 11-07-2021 10:12 AM

There are a few helpful suggestions for constipation
Least. Have you researched them? There's got to be
some kind of stool softner to help you and they maybe
right there in your home.

Drink your water, eat fiber foods, laxatives, ginger tea,
squeeze lemon in warm water, prunes, apples, figs,
spinach.

Just a few suggestions while those meds exit your system. :)

least 11-08-2021 08:30 AM

I've been off the norco for 6 days now and the awful side effect is still there. :( Taking my stool softeners and drinking lots of water.

aasharon90 11-08-2021 01:06 PM

:ValA002:Love, care and a speedy recovery Least. :hug:

stickyone 11-09-2021 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by least (Post 7722662)
I've been off the norco for 6 days now and the awful side effect is still there. :( Taking my stool softeners and drinking lots of water.

Congratulations on day 6 . I would check again with your doctor. Constipation is a side effect of opiate use. I never had that side effect thankfully and I take 10 times the amount you were prescribed for years. Maybe a underlying health issue or foods in your diet might be a source.

least 11-10-2021 07:56 AM

Still having bad constipation. :( Still taking the stool softeners and drinking lots of water. When will this stop? :(

Introvrtd1 11-10-2021 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by least;[url=tel:7723513
7723513[/url]]Still having bad constipation. :( Still taking the stool softeners and drinking lots of water. When will this stop? :(

:c023: :c020: