Notices

Oxycodone Help

Old 10-11-2021, 05:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Oxycodone Help

Does anyone have any links or details of getting off Oxycodone, maybe info on Oxycodone withdrawal time frames, things that can help, vitamins to help with the cramps etc.

Much love 💕
Old 10-11-2021, 05:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I have no experience to share but I wanted to welcome you to SR Hawx - hope someone else can help a little more.

D
Old 10-12-2021, 06:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you for the welcome and replying. I'm sure I'll find something. You are a busy bee on this forum 💪
Old 10-14-2021, 04:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hawx View Post
Does anyone have any links or details of getting off Oxycodone, maybe info on Oxycodone withdrawal time frames, things that can help, vitamins to help with the cramps etc.

Much love 💕

I'm not a doctor but i know alot about withdrawal. Depending on the half life or the substance. Oxy leave your system fast so the withdrawal comes hard. Within the first 12 hours you get sick like runny nose cough and the sweats. Then followed by got and cold flashes and diarrhea. The second day is even worse and the 3rd all hell brakes loose the mental side. About 5-7 days you should be able to handle withdrawal with over the counter cold medicine if needed. Oh yes the pain in your body will be hell and restless leg syndrome. Legs can't stop tingling. But it all depends on the amount you used and the time length. I was on a 90mg oxy per day. And hydrocodone was my breakfast. Things that will help take time off if you can , melatonin for sleep and the basic multivitamin. People will say take all thia crazy stuff but at the end of the day it's just going to be hell. Not to discourage you every one's different. I couldn't make it past 6 hours then start to feel withdrawals.
Old 11-09-2021, 04:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Just wanted to say Hi and let you know you’re not alone. I’m going through this and unfortunately have access to pills. So far I haven’t made it past 15 hours and I give in. I’m trying to hide the symptoms and failing miserably. We can get through this somehow!
Old 11-10-2021, 08:07 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FortheGrace View Post
Just wanted to say Hi and let you know you’re not alone. I’m going through this and unfortunately have access to pills. So far I haven’t made it past 15 hours and I give in. I’m trying to hide the symptoms and failing miserably. We can get through this somehow!
You can one day at a time. I too am recovering from a opiate addiction. The journey is not easy but what comes easy in life usually leaves easy as well. Get past the physical withdrawal and then it becomes all mental.
Old 05-29-2022, 09:19 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

How much Oxy do you tak per day and for how long? These two things will help gusstimate a timeframe to normality.
Old 06-15-2022, 12:07 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

One more thing to add. I started on Oxy and was up to 160mg a day. At the time quitting it felt likee torture. So I didn't.

A few years later I found my self on 2 grams (2000mg) of raw Heroin per day. I'd take a month of Oxy withdrawals to avoid a week of Heroin withdrawals.

Get out now while you still can is what I say. Yes, it will suck - but nowhere near as much as becoming a full blown Heroin addict. Take it from someone who's been there.