SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Opioid Addiction (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/opioid-addiction/)
-   -   My brother and his girlfriend are pregnant ..... and long time drug addicts (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/opioid-addiction/453714-my-brother-his-girlfriend-pregnant-long-time-drug-addicts.html)

Sherkmrdt 05-09-2021 07:04 AM

My brother and his girlfriend are pregnant ..... and long time drug addicts

So... my brother and his girlfriend are both 17+ year addicts... they use heroine and who knows what else... Well.... a few months ago (during a "we're getting clean phase") they announced that they were pregnant...(to such announcement I was accused of being "unchrist-like" because I was.... less than thrilled.) They have since fallen off the "clean" wagon. She is using drugs, HEROINE, while pregnant. I'm literally sick over that poor baby. It's all I can think about. I lay awake at night. And if I fall asleep.... I just dream about him/her. My brother already has a 9 year old daughtet with major daddy issues, for obvious reasons .... but her mom is, at least, drug free and a good mom. I am seriously considering asking my brother and his girlfriend to give me the baby, if it even makes it through the pregnancy. If I did... it would be a "they have little to nothing to do with the baby" situation. I have children of my own and have 0 desire to have them exposed to my brother/girlfriend on a regular basis.

Thoughts, concerns, am I taking this too far?

biminiblue 05-09-2021 07:08 AM

I'm really sorry this is happening, can you report them?

Anna 05-09-2021 07:31 AM

Can you report the situation to Child Protective Services? The poor baby doesn't deserve to be born into withdrawal pain.

stickyone 05-16-2021 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by Anna (Post 7633842)
Can you report the situation to Child Protective Services? The poor baby doesn't deserve to be born into withdrawal pain.

That so heart breaking and yet it happens everyday in the world. Lets break the cycle of addiction the children are our future. 😥

ChloeRose63 05-16-2021 04:05 PM

All I can think of is protecting that innocent baby. Please seek out what you can do to save the dear ones life. Sending prayers.

slimjim30 06-15-2022 11:58 AM

Controversy Incoming:

I am a Heroin addicted Father of an 8 year old. I got addicted when he was a baby (pain related - started on Oxy). My son is completely unaware that I use drugs of any sort. My wife obviously knows.

If they're working to pay for their habit, and not using to the point of "nodding out", they can still be good parents.

My son is incredibly well cared for, loved, intelligent, kind (and handsome). He goes to school every day in clean clothes and plays Fortnite most nights. We have a nice house full of everything a child could want, a University fund for him tucked away, and enough money for many a rainy day.

He is 100% a Daddy's boy. He tells me he loves me a dozen times a day (and I reciprocate).

Maybe I'm in the minority because I have not and will not use a needle (it goes up my nose). I never use around him and would never let him see it. Yet, I am still an addict.

The pregnancy part is scary, however US hospitals are pretty used to the protocol now. Looking at the date I'm probably too late, but she needs to get on subs or methadone to reduce the risk of post-birth withdrawal.

One thing to remember: Opioids are one of the safest classes of drugs we have. If you use safely (new needle every time, alcohol wipes, proper filtration - or no needles at all), constipation and hormonal issues are the only real side effects unless you're the sort of person who injects enough to OD.

I hope it has worked out ok :c043: