Notices

Compromising Sobriety?

Old 08-08-2019, 09:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Compromising Sobriety?

Loved one is in recovery from opioids (fentanyl). Has not used drug of choice since April. Has regularly used kratom since then. Going on vacation soon. It's a large family reunion for a week. He has said he would like to smoke marijuana (with some of the family who smoke) while on vacation. Is this a slippery slope?
Old 09-01-2019, 02:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Not Alone

Originally Posted by GGMTSerenity View Post
Loved one is in recovery from opioids (fentanyl). Has not used drug of choice since April. Has regularly used kratom since then. Going on vacation soon. It's a large family reunion for a week. He has said he would like to smoke marijuana (with some of the family who smoke) while on vacation. Is this a slippery slope?
Hey,

I know no-one has responded to your post and I'm unsure if you've been on that vacation yet. I'm an opiate addict and kratom pops up a lot. It's been made illegal in my country but I know a lot of people have used it successfully (in collaboration with other things) to get off opiates.

Personally I'd say the marijuana is probably a bad move. He may be using it for it's medicinal qualities but he may just be using it to get high. Marijuana is supposed to be very helpful in reducing withdrawal symptoms but after that has passed I can't see what else he'd be using it for.