Notices

One week sober today

Old 11-04-2018, 01:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

One week sober today

I'm a week sober today and while I know I am not 100% I am Def a lot better than those first few days. Very glad I went cold turkey yet I am so lucky to have the support of sober friends and coworkers.

if anyone is starting off or wants to please do it. And be sure to delete all those bad contacts out of your life. Keep the good ones and stay active. I'm not back to surfing everyday but I am working no problem and still surfing
peace be with you
Old 11-04-2018, 05:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR surfknotsea

D
Old 11-08-2018, 09:02 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

We're glad you're here with us, Surf.

Keep coming back.

I hope you experience continued success with your sobriety.
Old 12-27-2018, 02:05 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Glad you found the site Surf. I wish you continued success in your recovery. Check out the chat feature if you ever need someone to talk to. There are a lot of good people there who will listen.
Old 12-27-2018, 03:04 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome

keep posting
Old 12-30-2018, 01:31 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Surf let us know how your doing.
Old 01-15-2019, 06:18 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
pmm

Welcome, don't give up. Find a solid sober support system and venture to a meeting!
Old 02-15-2019, 04:10 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Not Alone

Originally Posted by Surfknotsea View Post
I'm a week sober today and while I know I am not 100% I am Def a lot better than those first few days. Very glad I went cold turkey yet I am so lucky to have the support of sober friends and coworkers.

if anyone is starting off or wants to please do it. And be sure to delete all those bad contacts out of your life. Keep the good ones and stay active. I'm not back to surfing everyday but I am working no problem and still surfing
peace be with you
Hey Surfknotsea,

Congratulations on one week clean! I'm still unsure about whether I should go cold turkey or go on a maintenance drug like suboxone. It's amazing that you're working and surfing!!!

Natom
Old 03-18-2019, 12:35 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hey Surf,

Congrats on getting through a week! Like Natom said you may want to try Suboxone to help you rather than cold turkey. Ive been of my DOC for 5 years now I started with methadone for 1 year and have been on suboxone the other 4 working through my program. If you need anything at all dont hesitate to reach out. Good luick!
Old 04-16-2019, 10:07 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Natom View Post
Hey Surfknotsea,

Congratulations on one week clean! I'm still unsure about whether I should go cold turkey or go on a maintenance drug like suboxone. It's amazing that you're working and surfing!!!

Natom
Do your research with subs. I had an opiate problem for 5 years and eventually reached out for help and was put on subs. Subs were great. I know it saved me from desteoying my life but...i was on them for 5 years thru my dr. Im going cold turkey now after weaning down to an eighth and its the worst withdrawl I've ever experienced. Can last up to 1 month. People are really only supposed to be on for a month at most if sobriety is the goal. Jus get informed and do ur research. Wish u the best of luck
Old 11-15-2019, 10:31 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

congratulations