Notices

Countdown to quitting

Old 02-21-2013, 05:54 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Quit Date March 13 Time for action

Quite Date: March 13

Don't smoke a full cigarette when getting up at night to use the bathroom
Don't smoke before coffee is brewed
Keep cigarettes above sink (maybe they'll drop in the dishwater)
Ask do I really need this cigarette
Track cigarettes for a couple days
Start smoking more outside
Only buy a pack when completely out
Old 02-21-2013, 08:19 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Old 02-23-2013, 11:18 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

day 4...I decided to taper off smoking cigarettes....so my quit date is March 12th...maybe March 13th being day 1 with no cigs at all. I waited to buy another pack until the last one was out. I bought a pack this last Thursday in the afternoon...and it lasted until Saturday noon. I cut back by 50% just by tracking them and changing up behaviors. I made a little card and wrote down first the #/time/ urge or not/want or not/smoke inside or outside. Feeling good about what I'm doing...thinking fairly rational about it...no guilt...will address the shame of being a smoker throughout the tapering process.
Old 02-24-2013, 11:57 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Cool Day 5 Meds

I smoked a pack in a span of 24 hours and now have bought my third pack in 72 hours...smoke two packs since 2/21. Still just by tracking I have cut back by at least 50%

Smoking more outside....smoking only one-half at a time....EATING/FLUIDS

Smoked once in the middle of night...still improvement over going to bed at 11pm - wake 2:30 smoke/pee ---wake 4:30 smoke/pee....you can tell I'm getting old by all that peeing going on. MTYNTK

Well, I've kicked myself in the butt long enough for having gone back to smoking after quitting several months with Chantix. I loved the medication. It was affordable with a very small co-payment.

My insurance won't cover another prescription

I also was on Welbutrin which also was effective, but that was ten years ago and I wasn't serious at all.

Now that medication isn't compatible with several very necessary meds. I'm taking for physical and mental health.

I do have an e-cig...and will probably use gum and maybe patches.

© Health Canada[/QUOTE]
Old 02-25-2013, 06:05 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Old 02-25-2013, 06:06 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

I'm home at my desk, just talked with sponsor, going up north to pick up a piece of furniture. My cat and sports talk radio. 0756. Need more fiber...middle of night gas/acid attack painful. Getting better. Looking forward to eating healthier when stopped smoking. Smoked several cigarettes right away. Going on 8 cups of coffee...no food..bit of chocolate...

Glad I'm sober as I created a smoking journal...had many drunken journals that were very morbid (drinking when made those journals)> This will be first journal sober.

My cravings tend to be more wanting than urges.

Thing about quitting is the old tape: don't talk about quitting unless you are serious, and already quit. So journaling while still using nicotine is foreign. Have to give myself permission.

© Health Canada[/QUOTE]
Old 07-11-2013, 02:58 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Im Going Quitting next Monday////I need Support.....Please Help me.....Cigarettes.....They are Killing Me Slowly.
Old 07-11-2013, 03:02 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  
Hippie Rock~n~Roller

** I came into this thread and somehow missed that it was about cigs. I really really wish that this was a count down to quitting drinking. I am sure that sounds ludicrous but I was actually inspired by the thought of a workable count down and inspiration for how to make that work..... Maybe someone could start a thread like that with ideas of baby steps to making it work ??
Old 07-15-2013, 12:27 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Failed....But its still a Work in Progress....I need to Try again....Just Lasted 2 hours
Old 07-15-2013, 11:41 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

I'm putting my quit date in for aug 1, then ill switch to E cig for 4 weeks,( I have the kit from a previous attempt ). After that its zero nicotine,, that's the plan.
Ando.