Notices

spiraling

Old 03-20-2023, 01:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

spiraling

after just 2 days my nicotine addiction is so out of control. It started with vaping and in 24 hours I was already having withdrawal symptoms. i was vaping 5 percent nicotine 20 times a hours to the point of having panic attacks. so I got some nicotine gum to stave of withdrawald and I really believed this was the right thing to do. I really liked the gum and used 3 2mg pieces in 6 hours. it did help my anxiety and I felt great. I know this a terrible idea because I'm obsessing about using it. I feel out of control just like drinking. i had been nic free for 12 years , I used to smoke. anyway I'm up at 4 am because the nicotine won't let me sleep.
smoking was never like this, it's scary how quickly I get addicted. I put down booze and weed then food crops up, then I get a handle on food, nicotine comes in to the picture. I'm just am addict period! i know the answer will never lie in any thing or person fixing me. tomorrow at least if I can sleep I'm going to do my 4th step all of it, then revisit it for one week then do my 5th step. I'm going to have my spiritual awakening no matter what, my psychic change is going to happen. with my higher power all things are possible, on my own only addiction is possible.
David

Old 03-20-2023, 01:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think its possible to overthink stuff and become anxious over things sometimes.
Its good to be self aware of dangerous practices but its also good to keep a sense of perspective.

Vaping was probably not the best idea in the world, and neither was using nicotine gum to stop vaping - but millions of people stop smoking/using nicotine products every day.

You've done so yourself in the past. You can do this again

You maybe miserable for a few days, maybe even obsessive. but because its not an ingrained habit yet I think you can stop vaping and chewing gum.

You'll feel better in a few days, David

D