Notices

24 Hour No Nicotine/No Smoking Club ~ Part 13

Old 07-01-2020, 05:04 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Thanks start of Day 2
Old 07-02-2020, 03:36 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Day 3
Yesterday went alright didn't go out of the apt. all day.
Muted cravings. These too shall pass.
Old 07-03-2020, 11:06 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  

I stayed in a lot when I first quit, and I didn't even feel bad about it . Three days is awesome Wisc!
Old 08-04-2020, 02:52 PM
  # 124 (permalink)  
Coz

First post from me on this thread. I flicked back to find the history of this thread. To add to your trivia knowledge, this thread was started by DG0409 in January 2013 with this post:

24-Hour NO Nicotine/Smoking ClubI thought it would be useful to start a 24-hour club for those quitting smoking as there are a few of us and it's so helpful to take things One Day at a Time.

I'll commit to no nicotine for the next 24-hours. Will you join me?

I'm on day 5 of not smoking. I'm posting here to commit to both not smoking and not using any nicotine replacements for the next 24 hours. As they say, one day at a time is good travelling...
Old 08-04-2020, 04:07 PM
  # 125 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Coz

D
Old 08-05-2020, 02:33 PM
  # 126 (permalink)  
Coz

Start of day 6 and I'm committing to not smoking today.
Old 08-05-2020, 07:23 PM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Great to see you here Coz. 6 days is a really good run so far!
Old 08-06-2020, 02:30 PM
  # 128 (permalink)  
Coz

Day 7 and another commitment to survive the cravings and not smoke at all. It will be one week at the end of today - a good start and all the theory says that my body is already starting to recover .
Old 08-10-2020, 05:39 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  
Coz

10 days smoke free. I am promising myself that I will keep up the battle and make it to two weeks. This is a tough gig!

I am wondering if my AV has found a crack in my armour and is now focused on making me smoke. I have had no desire or thoughts about drinking at all since quitting the smokes - so that is a real positive.

Huge admiration for all those out there that have ditched the filthy, expensive and health destroying habit - well done ex-smokers.
Old 08-10-2020, 02:21 PM
  # 130 (permalink)  

Two digits Coz, bravo!

Beware of cigarette cravings, they can be extremely hard to fight even after a few weeks.
Quitting smoking was a LOT harder on the long run than stopping booze for me.
You really are leaving the Tobacco Planet gravity after 10 days, you must feel it!
We ex-smokers are here with you
Old 08-10-2020, 03:02 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  
Coz

Thanks CK!

I'm still feeling that gravitational pull but keeping my thruster going and heading off to a better planet.

Old 08-11-2020, 04:08 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  

I was thinking ... Do I REALLY NEED to poison myself every day and make this slow suicide? Obviously I am very good at destroying myself. I have tendency to regulary poison my mind and body. At 32 ... shouldn't I at least try to see what does it feel like to live clear, substance-free life? Surely, it must not be that hard. Somehow I don't believe that it's harder than getting drunk/stoned and poisoned every day ...

So I am approaching 24 hours cigarette-free. From chain smoking to 0. Yes, it's hard, I am pissed and angry but I can't find ANY reason to light it up.
Old 08-11-2020, 04:21 AM
  # 133 (permalink)  
Coz

I like your thinking Vino. Hang in there and remember that there is no good reason to light up.

Selfish me is appreciative of having someone else in the early stages of quitting smoking posting here to. It's nice to share the tough journey and its a real bonus to have the support and encouragement from people who have travelled the journey for long enough to be reaping the rewards.

Bring on another 24 hours of no smoke and nicotine for me.
Old 08-11-2020, 05:33 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Yeah, I am also very selfish when it comes to my addiction.

I'd be so glad to smoke one right now, I can't tell you how much, BUT I prefer this calm, clean feeling that comes with NOT smoking. Everything tastes and smells so much better and I feel much more "pure". Funny, I like that.

Stay strong my friend!
Old 08-11-2020, 03:00 PM
  # 135 (permalink)  
Coz

Excellent attitude for day 2 of not smoking Vino. I confess that I struggle staying focused on the positives when my mind and body is so fixated on smoking.
I am using the "cherishing every breath of clean air" process (suggested by another SR member) when cravings hit. It does help to make me focus on, and appreciate, one of the big positives of being an ex-smoker.

I guess that having been a smoker for over 40 years with only brief breaks of not smoking (pretty much only when I was pregnant), it will take a while to break all the many associations I have with smoking and to feel comfortable without the smokes as a crutch for living.

Day 12 for me today - only a few more days and my two week milestone will be a reality.

You stay strong too Vino - and keep focusing on that calm, clean, pure feeling.

Old 08-12-2020, 01:56 PM
  # 136 (permalink)  
Coz

Day 13. I can honestly say that yesterday was a little easier! Not easy, but far fewer cravings and more moments of being more like a bird than a bear.
Committing to 24 hours more...
Old 08-13-2020, 05:06 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Bravo! My hats off to you!

I dont get it. I feel soo much better when I dont smoke ... I feel so mentally strong, I dont feel any anxiety, I even managed to convince myself that this is trully an awful habit and I didnt even feel the withdrawals anymore ... I havent felt this good in years. Now I see that pretty much every problem I have is besed on drugs. But that psychological addiction is so powerful. I went to the store and bought tobacco. Immediately my heart rate went up, I felt dizzy, toxic, disgusted but I still fill my body with this poison.

Now I know what is the point with ciggies ... you basically distract your brains chemical balance with every cigarette. You smoke and dopamine gets up, than it drops down, you smoke again and it goes up again and so on. In reality that baseline feeling is the best.

Well done, Vino, well done! Now I am back to zero again and only God knows how much time will pass when Ill decide to quit again. Awful, just awful! Is it really so Hard to be fricking normal?
Old 08-13-2020, 05:39 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  

I can see that for me is all or nothing. If I smoke, I can easily get drunk. And if I get drunk, I must also smoke some cannabis. And if I get this far I can also buy myself some cocaine. Why not perform this slow suicide? What a shame.

When I put everything out of the equasion I am left with ME. That pure, innocent, basic me. The one who isnt axious nor depressed, but happy, mentally and phisically strong me. I can see that this is the basis. I can only work on myself from there on. I can feel from the most fundamental basis that God gave me EVERYTHING to be healthy, successful human being. I dont need anything, except God and my body. But there is also something negative inside of me... something that wants me to fail, to be that shell of a human, to be crushed mentality.

I havent felt this God like purity in my entire adult life. But of couse, as expected, I maneged to destroy and rip apart everything that is good and pure inside of me.
Old 08-13-2020, 10:51 PM
  # 139 (permalink)  
Coz

Hey Vino - hope it isn't too long before you try to quit again.

Smoking is a crappy addiction - it doesn't give a high, doesn't make you more confident in a social setting, costs a small fortune, wrecks health, makes us stink, turns us into social lepers, and the list goes on. We might think it helps us relax, but really, it provides only a very short relax feeling before the pendulum swings right back up to being not relaxed until the next puff. There really isn't much, or even anything, good about smoking. But it is an addiction and it takes a whole lot of effort to break out of it.

First step - you have to really want to quit
Second - be clear why you want to quit and what outcomes you want
Third - decide that the short term pain is worth it and really commit to not smoking every day

Once all that its in place - you are an ex-smoker and can start working on how to stay that way. The benefits are pretty quick in many respects - money is saved straight up, we stop smelling like an ashtray after a day or two, and can go places and not have to sneak out for a fag. Of course there are the cr*p emotions for the first while, the niggling cough, the restlessness and the feeling that something is missing and the associated frustration. We just have to focus on the concept that the side effects of quitting won't kill us and they will fade away to nothing in time.

If smoking for you is so linked to other drug use - you have even more reason to quit. You can find that purity and goodness inside of you. That negative voice is just your addictive voice wanting its drug which it has become so accustomed to. As we all know, AV is a strong voice, but it does nothing but lie to us and should definitely be ignored.

All strength to you when you decide that you really want to quit and are ready to do the tough few weeks towards a much happier and healthier life.

Old 08-13-2020, 10:54 PM
  # 140 (permalink)  
Coz

Oh - I must mention that it is two weeks today since my last cigarette!

I am again committing to another 24 hours of no smoking or nicotine.