Notices

24 Hour No Nicotine/No Smoking Club ~ Part 13

Old 02-01-2019, 04:45 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Day 5 hard day already and it's just dawn.....need lots of support today.
Old 02-01-2019, 03:14 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

doing good checking in
Old 02-02-2019, 02:57 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

day 6. Very unproductive day. But it's still early. glad I put down the cigarettes. That I didn't decide to vape...never really thought of it...nor lozenges....using Chantix which seems to help greatly. Mood is very good.
Old 02-03-2019, 03:25 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

You're doing very good Wiscober!

Do you have to deal with that pesky AV?
I still have to quiet it down once in awhile...

Keep the good work!
Old 02-03-2019, 04:05 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Canadian Koala View Post
Do you have to deal with that pesky AV?
I still have to quiet it down once in awhile...

....definite with AV prompted me to get on here this morning. Committed to day 7...my decision.
Old 02-03-2019, 05:19 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

I have now stopped smoking for 6 days, 9 hours, 48 minutes, 6 seconds. That translates into 83 cigarettes NOT smoked, for a savings of $29.16! At 5 minutes per cigarette I have increased my life expectancy by 6 hours, 56 minutes, 32 seconds.
Old 02-05-2019, 05:48 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Day 9 feeling well....slept well
Old 05-16-2019, 11:49 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Hello, anyone? This thread disappears for some reason. Not enough activity I suppose but still a good spot to check in. 24!
Old 05-27-2019, 03:33 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

You all seem like you're all doing great by joining this thread. I joined it a long time ago for as long as I needed and it really helped me to check in daily about my smoking. Now, I am almost 5 years cigarette free.
Best to all of you. You are doing something wonderful for yourselves.
Old 05-30-2019, 03:28 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Smoke free since March 18th still miss them haven’t given in .
Old 06-10-2019, 07:15 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Still smoke free since st pats day
Old 06-11-2019, 10:27 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Good job Kdon!!!
Old 06-19-2019, 09:35 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone,

I am new here, and I am looking to quit smoking.

Do you have any good suggestions on how to quit?
Old 06-19-2019, 11:07 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Dig deep and do it! Good luck, you’re better off without ‘um!
Old 06-20-2019, 01:12 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Last cigarette was Friday so Day 6 for me. The weekend was the worst, couldn't stop thinking about it. My wife kept asking me "Are you OK? You need to try to get through it." which I would reply, louder than I meant to "I need a damn cigarette!" This was surprisingly helpful in just vocalizing the problem but obvious frustrating to her.

Got through the weekend. I'm on 14 mg patches during the day. At night I do allow myself limited vape use at 12 mg (after removing patch). 5 more weeks and I'll step down the patch. Will step down the vape sooner when it runs out (maybe 2-3 weeks). It's getting easier, but man did that sneaky alcoholic AV do a pile driver on me the first couple days.

Happy I got through it, I'm heading in to weekend 2 hopeful but nervous as I'm moving out of my apartment in to my first house.
Old 07-02-2019, 09:00 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Trying to quit

I am almost 2 years sober of alcohol...23 july 2017...I want to quit smoking now cos I have to much cancercases in my enviorment and I don't wanna end up that way..Yesterday I bought myself a E cigarette so I'm vaping all day...Normaly I smoke plus minus 50 Cigarettes a day..But since 8 Oclock this morning I only smoked 6...It is now 17.40...My E cigarettes battery is reloading since an hour ...So I've got it rather difficult..I'm 46 and I smoke since I'm 8 ....So it's a long time...The E cigarettes fluid 's got nicotine in it but they gave me 6% instead of 12%
Vaping helps me...Don't mind what others say...Writing this keeps me away from the cigarette....I am planning to take a few cigarettes with me when I go out (in the beginning)cos otherwise I'm sure I will ask people on the road if they can lend me a cig...Yesterday I said to myself I can smoke 10 cigarettes a day (to start)and diminish it later...But it seems I will not even get to that number today..It's almost 18 Hours and I only have smoked 6 ...They didn't realy satisfied me and I seem to like vaping more at the moment....I just wanted to write this ...Becos it is realy a matter of seconds to say no to the next cigarette...Hope the battery of my vapor is reloaded but I don't think so...My grapes are finished and I stoped biting my nails 6 years ago....So what can I do....KEEP CALM AND BREATH....Take a walk around my garden........
Old 07-31-2019, 08:29 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Day one for me! I tapered off using Chantix. I hope this thread can be revived, I need accountability. Only one moment this morning when I really wanted to smoke. Took a couple of deep breaths and convinced myself I don't need it, it was just a time when I used to smoke and so it was a habit reaction.
Old 08-01-2019, 10:23 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Here We Go!

Day 365 for sobriety and Day 1 for quitting smoking for me! I wish I'd quit both a yr ago, but, I really don't think I could've managed kicking alcohol and smokes at the same time.

It seems like those of us with addiction typically can't have just 1, we gotta go all in

I've thought smoking will be harder for me to give up, since with alcohol I clearly had a change in my state of mind that felt awful in a million ways.

Now that I have some sobriety under my belt, I feel the effects of smoking more intensely(anxiety, light-headed, mental fog) and hope this quit will stick so I can be free of all the things I know are no good for and slowly killing me.

Cheers to everyone who is working on just saying no to nicotine. I'm hear with you and hopefully, we can apply the same principles we use in staying sober to putting down the cig's for good!

I joke that now I'll really be damn boring, but, the thought of smelling again, not wheezing, and generally not being stuck on anything I know is terrible for me is really a refreshing and hopeful feeling to look forward to!

I may not have such an optimistic attitude here in a few days, but, hopefully we can all check in and keep each other going on to victory!!
Old 08-02-2019, 11:17 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Welcome, OneofYou!Congratulations on your year of sobriety! I couldn't quit both at the same time. I didn't even try. I thought I'd quit smoking at one year, and I sort of tried, but it didn't happen. I hope you can do it!

I'm currently on day 3 of no cigarettes. According to the app I'm using on my phone to keep track of time not smoking, money saved, life regained, etc, I have regained 16 hours of life now. My system is free of nicotine. Oxygen and carbon monoxide levels back to normal. My cravings were horrible yesterday, but today is much better.

Quitting smoking has been harder by far for me than quitting drinking was. I have been sober over 4 and half years, and I've tried to quit smoking several times in that time. This time is different, because I went on Chantix. It made me feel pretty bad, and gave me the most insane dreams, but I stuck with it and tapered off the smoking over the course of a month. I don't think I need to take it anymore, but I still have it if I feel like I need it. Next week I'll be on vacation far away from home and my normal routine. I'm thinking that will help immensely. I timed all of it this way on purpose. I just really really do not want to be a smoker any more. I want to be free.
Old 08-02-2019, 10:40 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Thank you MLD51 and same to you! 4 1/2 yrs sober is incredibly inspiring to newbies like me

And, congrats on Day 3 no smoking.. You're really brave to do it right before vacation. Like getting sober, I've forced myself into a home rehab until I get past the 1st wk. But, it'll be great for you to start making new special memories smoke-free to remember!!

I'm interested to see how Chantix works for you. I've thought of it, but, even trying a patch last wk in preparation gave me floaters across my eyes.. I wonder if I'll have crazy dreams cold-turkey. Certainly, imagine we'd both take those over being addicted anymore..

So far, I've just busied myself in the garden and at the gym. Cravings not so bad, but, my body's heating up a bit.

That's great your nicotine free, woohoo!! Let's keep it that way and fingers-crossed this quit sticks for us both.. I have the same feeling I did the day I quit alcohol. Just knew I was ready and nothing could change my mind that a little chocolate cream pie can't soothe!!

Enjoy your weekend and getting ready for your trip. It'll be so nice doing it without worrying about where are my cigs