Notices

quit smokeless tobacco?

Old 03-18-2018, 07:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

quit smokeless tobacco?

Are there any pages/forums here for smokeless tobacco users in recovery from that?

Last edited by Dee74; 03-19-2018 at 04:14 PM.
Old 03-18-2018, 11:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

You're very welcome to start your own thread here in this forum Amnesiac - good to 'see' you

D
Old 03-19-2018, 07:16 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I went on this forum "Quitdipping" or something like that, and the people there were so toxic and vile - attacking me for even bringing up AA in relation to tobacco use, and how tobacco use (by some, if not many) is as toxic and addictive as any addiction there is. It was brutal how harsh I got attacked. I'm very surprised to see there isn't an area here of some sort with more attention/attraction dedicated to tobacco use.
Old 03-19-2018, 04:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Amnesiac
I'm very surprised to see there isn't an area here of some sort with more attention/attraction dedicated to tobacco use.
well this is the smoking forum

we haven't made subforums for dipping or vaping because there s not been much call for it.

Not sure if you're seeing all the threads in this forum or not - the software archives stuff sometimes due to inactivity - but dipping and vaping have definitely been covered here in the past.

If you can find 'display option' in forum view, you can select to see threads from the beginning.

We don't make new subforums based on one person asking but if you start a thread and it takes off we can consider making a new sub forum, if you have objections to posting here in this forum.

If you want to post elsewhere, I would be ok with you starting a thread in Newcomers.

D
Old 03-19-2018, 06:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
No Dogma Please

Hey! Haven't seen you for awhile!

Maybe the Smoking forum could be renamed the Nicotine forum. There are a lot of vapers there, and probably some dippers. In any event you will get lots of support and understanding there! We've all felt like we are packt like sardines in a crushd tin box.

MANY MANY MANY of us had nicotine addictions on top of alcohol, drugs, sex, whatever. I had quit smoking for 9 years and started again in inpatient rehab. About 4 months later I just stopped again.

Glad you're back.
Old 03-20-2018, 03:31 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
ours de petit cerveau

Originally Posted by Amnesiac View Post
I'm very surprised to see there isn't an area here of some sort with more attention/attraction dedicated to tobacco use.
the sub-forum isn't very active & by default the forum view only shows the last month's posts. if you scroll down to "display options" you can set it to show older stuff, & you'll see a lot more, like this:

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...&daysprune=365
Old 03-21-2018, 08:51 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I stopped on the 8th. So I'm just shy of two weeks since my last chew/dip/smokeless tobacco use.

Honestly this last week I thought I was losing my mind, even up into last night I still feel weak, and distorted in my thinking.

Is this normal for nicotine/tobacco withdrawal ?

I've went through "withdrawal" before on smokeless tobacco but I never recalled it being this bad. I was even chewing a tin a week of tobacco like this last relapse and I don't recall it dragging out this long.

I feel like I'm losing my mind, but I take medication(s) for my anxiety and am trying to delineate whether or not this is a symptom of my medication use or the withdrawal from tobacco?

(yes, I know, I need to see my physician, and all that...just wondering if anyone here has input on it..)