Notices

24 Hour No Nicotine/No Smoking Club - Part 12

Old 07-08-2017, 11:44 PM
  # 421 (permalink)  

Good job y'all, keep it up!
Old 07-10-2017, 09:52 AM
  # 422 (permalink)  

I've been smoking for about 30 years. I was up to about a pack and a half a day since I started working for home. So pretty heavy. I really enjoyed smoking, but it truly will kill me if I continue. It was such a gift that they caught the brain annie before it ruptured. I feel like I'm kicking it in the face if I continue. My husband is a big smoker and it is making it very difficult. But 10 days for me today! I really glad this board is here. I am also recovering from alcoholism in AA, and that is originally how I found this site.
Old 07-10-2017, 01:55 PM
  # 423 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

Wow, time went by, welcome Libby! There are definitely some tough moments but this is oh so worth it. I am at 36 days now and there's no way I'm turning back!

We can do this!
Old 07-10-2017, 02:19 PM
  # 424 (permalink)  

Thanks Ladyblue! Glad to hear time is ticking by quickly at 36 days. It feels like a snails pace at 10, but getting better every day.

We can do this! Where do I find those smiley faces?
Old 07-11-2017, 12:09 AM
  # 425 (permalink)  

Congrats LadyBlue and Libby for hanging on!

Libby, to have access to the smileys, press "Go Advanced" instead of "Post Quick Reply", when you're ready to post.
You'll see them from there.

We can make this
Old 07-12-2017, 07:59 AM
  # 426 (permalink)  

Hello,

It's been a few weeks - seems like longer . . . it's been 14 weeks since my last cigarette. Some days/weeks fly by without even a thought of smoking entering my head and then other times it is lurking under the surface. I'm in a phase the past few days where the thought of smoking is lurking just under the surface all the (dang) time. It is frustrating.

But, I haven't given in and I ignore the urge as best I can. Last 2 evenings I've done some coloring in the adult coloring books, just trying to relax and keep my hands occupied.

Take care and keep up the good work everyone.
Old 07-13-2017, 02:50 AM
  # 427 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

Still at it! Good going everyone!
Old 07-15-2017, 12:34 PM
  # 428 (permalink)  

Day 15 as a non Smoker! Riding the wave when the craving hits. Its amazing how much better I can smell things. Boy my dog stinks, lol
Old 07-17-2017, 12:42 PM
  # 429 (permalink)  

Libby, that is too funny about your dog!

I'm still hanging in there with no smoking, 14 1/2 weeks.
Old 07-23-2017, 09:54 PM
  # 430 (permalink)  

I am now 3 days free of cigarettes and I don't have a pack anywhere! I have been sick with a sore throat for the past week, and I was "suppose" to quit on my 35th bday, which was on the 13th. Well I kept in smoking for a week and one day more. Now PLEASE do not let me give in and buy a pack. The only times I have even had nicotine cravings in the past few days is when I felt irritated or exhausted. I'm no longer having the craving for a smoke first thing in the morning. I go back to work tmrw and have a full week ahead of me, but I can stick with it. I haven't even used my vape, although I will allow myself to use it as needed. Just as long as I don't go back to smoking and/or drinking, I will be doing good. Those are my two main vices that I haven't been able to kick....up until now. I'm done!
(Sorry for this long post, just needed to vent here on Sunday night before heading to bed and going back to work in the a.m.)
Old 07-27-2017, 11:52 AM
  # 431 (permalink)  

How are you doing bronzie? I hope you stuck with the no smoking.

It has been 4 months free from smoking for me - WOW! I can't say that the stray "loving" thoughts don't flow through me from time to time, but I have enough smarts not to act on them.
Old 07-28-2017, 12:28 PM
  # 432 (permalink)  

I stopped at the gas station this morning to fill up. I paid inside so I could pick up one of their breakfast sandwiches. As I was paying I felt something was missing because I wasn't buying a pack of smokes... it seemed like it would be so easy to do. I really miss smoking sometimes...

Ah well, I know I'm better off now than as a smoker.
Old 07-30-2017, 12:19 AM
  # 433 (permalink)  

Today is Day 0 - hopefully

I've had only one cigarette today - then went out to buy a puffer and cartridge pack (nicotine

replacement therapy). I'm hoping that it will be my last one, making today Day 0...hopefully! So here's to making a commitment - NO MORE SMOKING - even one puff of a cigarette FOR THE REST OF TODAY !

Amen.
Old 07-31-2017, 12:58 PM
  # 434 (permalink)  

Seska,

How's it going? Hang in there.

Last week I was having "loving" thoughts about smoking - but now it's left me again (thank goodness!). I don't know why sometimes the missing flows through me with such force. But I am glad that it goes away as well.
Old 08-01-2017, 03:49 AM
  # 435 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

Still at it, 2 months August 5th.

Biggest thing I've noticed? Well, being able to really breathe is the first thing BUT..... my taste buds. I made a spaghetti sauce the weekend before last and when it was time to eat I couldn't believe how it tasted. Last weekend I made mashed potatoes with dinner. The taste was incredible.

Have to be careful, this could be trouble! :p

Congratulations to all of you who have stayed with it.

One word of warning on the nicotine replacement. I have to start weaning. My goal was not to replace rather than to quit but I knew I couldn't do it on my own. So here's my word to the wise. If you're going to use a nicotine replacement only use it at the times you would have normally smoked. My workplace is very low key. I have my own office and they don't care if I use the device right there. So, since I can do it anytime what's happening?

Ugh, I've been using the VUSE and this just prompted me to go look and see the differences in nicotine content with what I was smoking for cigs. I didn't like what I found.

Perhaps that's what I needed to finally back off these. UGH, just UGH.
Old 08-02-2017, 10:35 PM
  # 436 (permalink)  

You got this Ladyblue

I'm on day 3. 24 more hours please.
Old 08-04-2017, 12:55 PM
  # 437 (permalink)  

Little bit of stress/sadness happening for me yesterday and today - I'm getting through it with no smoking though.

Stick with it people!
Old 08-07-2017, 01:08 AM
  # 438 (permalink)  

Congratulations LadyBlue!
Way to go also Kittycat and JMF!
You guys rock!

I quit drinking but also and it's important, I've stop smoking 8 months ago following a severe pneumonia where I almost died.

Today I'm going to meet the pulmonologist who was at my bedside day after day in the hospital for two weeks in December.

I spent a battery of tests last month (radiography, pulmonary scan, plethysmograph, resistance tests etc) and everything seems ok but it still makes me nervous to see my doctor again and get the results this afternoon.
What is really nice is that I do not smoke anymore and did not relapse!

I hope you're all doing good on your side, hang on!

We CAN make this 24 hours at a time
Old 08-07-2017, 02:15 PM
  # 439 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

Thinking of you CK, I hope all went well!
Old 08-08-2017, 02:20 PM
  # 440 (permalink)  

Everything went well, thanks.
The pulmonologist said "your lungs are good for 100,000 miles"

He said he won't need to see me again, everything is as good as it can be.
I was super proud to tell him I was a non-smoker since 8 months.
He said it was the most important thing I could do and one of the reasons I can leave his client list (a death list if you ask me lol)

Now I need to continue and be cautious with the AV still kicking once in awhile.
Take care, we can all make this