Notices

Sober Vapers Part 2

Old 05-09-2017, 01:07 PM
  # 281 (permalink)  

Thank you, shockozulu!

Not sure why old threads don't show up in this forum.
Old 05-22-2017, 01:44 PM
  # 282 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Still vaping too
I lost one of my pens the other day but I still have my trusted istick
Vaping choco moco loco as I am typing LOL
Old 06-07-2017, 12:10 PM
  # 283 (permalink)  
quat

Vape'm if you gottem , that' s my motto Vape On !
Old 06-26-2017, 03:17 AM
  # 284 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

Having a little resentment today that I have to deal with.

My husband hates smoking. We've been together for 18 years. I only smoked out on the porch. Years back I tried the ecig when it first came out. I was still smoking 4 real cigarettes per day. This time, I had a bad cold and hurt my ribs trying to still smoke while hacking so that was it, done. Bought an ecig, low nicotine, and haven't had a real cigarette three weeks today.

We watch our dvrd shows with dinner, there's usually two 30 minute shows. I used to go out on the porch after the first one was over to smoke. Since this is only an ecig I will smoke it right there in my chair. I don't blow the vape over towards him and, it's not a vape machine where the vapor billows all around me. It's very little and it dissipates almost immediately.

I had to go somewhere yesterday and when I got home I went into the living room to sit. He speaks up and says "You know, I looked up what it says about second hand vape smoke. This was all he said. I asked what he found out and he said there wasn't enough data to say if it was harmful. Then he goes on to say "You know, they say it's not good for you either".

For the love of whoever, I smoked for 36 years, finally got rid of the stinky things, am feeling better, can taste things and smell things now and he's going to bit&% about my ecig?

Again, this is a little stick ecig. It's not one of those billowing vape machines.

I don't plan on using this forever but I think it's a helluva lot better than what I smelled like before coming in from the porch.

Sometimes you just can't win.
Old 06-28-2017, 05:40 AM
  # 285 (permalink)  
quat

It's great you aren't a combustible tobacco user !!
I'm a billower , probably going on five or so years now, feel much better, no hacking coughing , lung capacity back to 'youthful' levels
Throw the term water soluble around and see if that doesn't quell any anxieties
Old 06-29-2017, 08:34 AM
  # 286 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

Originally Posted by dwtbd View Post
It's great you aren't a combustible tobacco user !!
I'm a billower , probably going on five or so years now, feel much better, no hacking coughing , lung capacity back to 'youthful' levels
Throw the term water soluble around and see if that doesn't quell any anxieties
I just had to walk to a location that's hilly. It was downhill getting there but uphill all the way back to work. I would have been pursing my lips and trying to breathe out my nose. This so not to look like one of those winded racehorses just from walking up a hill.

I'm pleased to say I made it back to work not one bit out of breath

30 days independence from combustible tobacco on July 4th!
Old 09-18-2017, 12:50 AM
  # 287 (permalink)  

Great to see this thread I tried vaping 16 months ago - never went back to smoking. I have had the occasional one (months apart) but only if I'm out and my battery runs out - I make sure to always carry a back-up battery now though.
Old 09-20-2017, 02:30 PM
  # 288 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I just recently quit smoking and fired up my vaping pen again after not having used it in a while. My brother had been bugging me to quit smoking, so today I told him I was vaping instead, and he still found fault and complained that I hadn't quit entirely!!! I think he should have been overjoyed that I no longer smoke but apparently that's not good enough for him.
Old 01-03-2018, 11:15 AM
  # 289 (permalink)  
ours de petit cerveau

I thought I'd resurrect this thread as I'm on day three of no tobacco I am vaping to keep the cravings at bay, but I'm not planning to continue long-term. I'm starting out on 18mg liquid, but intending to wean myself down on strength & then quit; not quite sure on a timescale yet though!
Old 01-03-2018, 11:18 AM
  # 290 (permalink)  
ours de petit cerveau

Originally Posted by Opivotal View Post
Not sure why old threads don't show up in this forum.
I wondered about that too, but figured it out:

if you scroll down to the bottom of the forum threads page & look under "Display Options", it defaults to showing only threads active in the last two months. as the sub-forum isn't that active I was only seeing a couple of threads. you can change that to a longer timescale to see more threads.
Old 01-03-2018, 11:44 AM
  # 291 (permalink)  

Thanks for the link,Andy! Yep..going to shower and go to the vape shop. My daughter(22) had started smoking at 17 and quit with vaping. Given that's a bit different than my 25yr habit. Would be nice to have a drag/puff while watching TV or in my businesses without having to go outside. I can't stand the smell of smoke,so I've never smoked in my home. Obviously never smoked inside my public business,pretty sure that's illegal where I live.
Old 01-03-2018, 12:58 PM
  # 292 (permalink)  

Hey vapers!

Dontremeber:
i actually vape in my office, lol. Its frigid cold here, and easy access lol.
Old 01-05-2018, 09:06 PM
  # 293 (permalink)  
No Dogma Please

I took a hit off a friend's vape on New Year's Eve.

IT WAS FREAKING WEED (he had a weed one and a nicotine one).

Fortunately I realized before I took much and got no effect. Good for two reasons. One I'm being sober, and two I LOATHE WEED AND BEING HIGH.

I did a few big vapes later while everyone was drinking champagne, I felt like I needed a vice.

Over it. I can see it totally leading back to smoking too.
Old 01-12-2018, 08:24 AM
  # 294 (permalink)  
ours de petit cerveau

I was doing well on the vape right up until I dropped it & broke the tank glass

I had to go back onto cigarettes for a few days whilst I got a replacement glass. ye gods, I couldn't believe how much cigarettes stink when I lit the first one - eugh. anyway, back on the vape now
Old 01-15-2018, 06:44 PM
  # 295 (permalink)  
quat

Get a couple of spare Pyrex’s I haven’t broken many over the years, but when I do it seems to come in threes lol
Old 01-20-2018, 03:24 PM
  # 296 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

I am still vaping but unfortunately, I started smoking again. I don't smoke as much as I used to but it is still an expensive habit and I want to quit again.
Old 01-29-2018, 01:36 PM
  # 297 (permalink)  
quat

My son just switched to 'pods', and dad got a hand me up a dual batt mod with a bigger tank.
He says he prefers the nic salts , I checked into them , some think it may be a better option for current soon to be ex-smokers . They are designed around the idea of a higher nicotine concentration but delivered in much lower powered device. A more cigarette -like nic uptake.
He bought a Juul and now has a refillable device. I still prefer the slower uptake of blowing clouds , but may try a Juul just out of curiosity.
Google Pax labs, and nicotine salts and check them out
Old 03-19-2018, 06:35 PM
  # 298 (permalink)  

Bump
Old 03-20-2018, 03:27 AM
  # 299 (permalink)  
ours de petit cerveau

thanks Opivotal

I'm still off the tobacco & on the vape. down to 6mg liquid now. I'm feeling much better for it & not missing the smell, but I'm still planning to taper down further & then quit.
Old 03-20-2018, 06:53 AM
  # 300 (permalink)  

You're very welcome, Andyh.

Great job!