Notices

Quitting cigarettes and dip Cold Turkey

Old 09-26-2013, 04:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Quitting cigarettes and dip Cold Turkey

Hello everyone, this is actually my first post ever on this website. I just wanted to start with talking about quitting nicotine because it's the only substance I currently use. My name is Alex and I'm 19 years old. I've been smoking on and off for about six years give or take a year or two when I was stronger than I am now. What really hooked me on nicotine was actually dip. I live in North Carolina where dipping is fairly popular in High Schools, so I felt like "Hey!, Why not give it a chance". Little did I know that was the beginning of the end so to speak. More often than not what really gives me the urge to dip is the whole oral fixation thing. It's like I always need to have something in my mouth (yeah yeah go ahead poke fun at me for that one :P). Anyways as of now I begin my journey to a nicotine free life. Wish me tolerance and sanity haha!
Old 09-27-2013, 06:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Kidlen. Welcome to SR.

You might want to check out this thread: http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...king-club.html. All you gotta do is sign up for 24 hours nicotine free, one day at a time. It makes it easier to take quitting in small chunks. This part of the forum tends to be a bit quiet, but there's a group of us on the 24 hour thread, so it tends to get more responses.

Life without nicotine really is better, but it takes a little getting used to. Way to go on deciding to quit!