Notices

10 days free and counting!

Old 09-04-2013, 05:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

10 days free and counting!

Twenty one years of smoking and I'm done!!

I knew this would be the year I quit. I have tried in the past and used most any means of cessation products and advice available. They all helped, but I never made it past the crutch phase. That us all these products are, crutches. I knew cold turkey was the only way to go. I'm 35, if you click in my username you will see I went through a hellish marriage that ended about a year ago.

This year has been a new beginning for me. I've reinvented myself. Changed how I think and my perspective. I had reached a high point in my life.

Well 10 days into this, it's been easier then I thought possible. I even went out with the smokers at work, just to prove I was done with it. I haven't been bragging to anyone because I've done that and failed many times. I tell people only if it's relevant to the situation. Like today when my sister asked me for a smoke.

The hard part of all this is I feel alone, maybe because I've been alone for most of the last 5 days. it was a long weekend and I had two more days of work also. And I never planned to quit smoking at this time so I didn't have any plans for the weekend. I don't feel on top of the world like I did just two weeks ago. I want to think I should feel better because I'm not smoking. It's something I've wanted to quit for so many years.

I'm sure with time I will get that feeling back. And I'll be able to say I'm an ex smoker!!!