Notices

Friday

Old 08-04-2006, 07:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Friday

It's Friday again. Time flies when you're not drinking I guess. Two weeks today since I drank on 7/21. I told my wife this morning and I'm telling you here, I'm not drinking today.

The last two weeks have not been too difficult. I'm not overly proud, however, as two weeks has always been a fairly easy goal to reach.

My Wife was having some trouble with anxiety over the course of yesterday, as I'm sure she assumes that I'm doing my two or three week sober stint, and will then drink myself stupid. This anxiety transferred to me, resulting in the inhalation of about 2 1/2 packs of cigarettes. So I'm guilt free today, but feel like crap anyway.

I have several events coming up in about three weeks that are a big part of my Wife's anxiety. I'm not focusing on those yet, or I'll start to obsess. Day to Day as they Say. She doesn't focus only on the day to day. We also wrote a big check for a kitchen remodeling project that probably contributed to her uneasiness. I'm sure it's not difficult for her to imagine me cooking something elaborate, slugging down giant whiskeys or vodkas while doing it, and then having to ask her if the food was any good. Nothing like borrowing money with a drunk as a partner.

Anyhoooo, not drinking today. Lots of stuff going on at the house that should make for a safe and sober weekend.

I want to add there have been a number of powerful and heart wrenching threads over the course of the last week that have really touched me. Quite a number of stories have also hit close to home. I truly hope everyone, including me, can find the peace they seek and need.

Kevin
Old 08-04-2006, 07:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Kevin,

I got stuck at the 3 day point and then again, at the 3 week point. It was very frustrating and I realized I needed to plan, plan, plan. I had to make myself be doing other things at that particular time so my mind wouldn't be on drinking. Getting past those stumbling blocks was incredibly freeing. Once you get past this point and make it, you will feel empowered and inspired to keep on.
Old 08-04-2006, 07:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Kevin!
WTG on 2 weeks!!!! Yup its Evil Friday again (lol, I used to count down until Friday because I thought I could handle "just weekends" ) Anyhoo, sounds like you have a plan to ignore the inner voices. Good for you!!!! Always remember, we are all right here, a keystroke away if you need us, my first few weekends were pure Hell and I lived on SR, reading and posting and reading and posting!!! It really helped me get through!!!!
Stay strong!
Liss
Old 08-04-2006, 07:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Kevin!

That is awesome! Great insight as to what is going on with yourself!

2 weeks is Fantastic! It really is!

Give you wife time, she'll get used to the sober Kevin, and love you
even more!

Glad you are here!

Welcome to SR!
Old 08-04-2006, 07:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

2 weeks! Great!
Old 08-04-2006, 07:28 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Paused

Keep up the hard work. And as the others mentioned keep busy and make plans to stay away from drinking. Stay motivated and on task. Try to be patient with your wife. Surely you can understand her anxiety. Actions speak louder than words and you can put her uneasiness to rest by staying sober. My best to the both of you.
Old 08-04-2006, 07:31 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
cmc

Kevin
It's great that you are prepared for a good weekend with no drinking! Congratualtions for 2 weeks sober!!!
Old 08-04-2006, 07:38 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Congrats on your two weeks!

Hang in there I now thats right about when my road got rocky.

There is info on this site about PAWS, you might want to check it out!
Old 08-04-2006, 07:48 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

Two weeks is awesome and I am certain that if you keep up this attitude you will make it past the two week mark with flying colors. Try not to worry too much about your wife. Probably the most valuable thing I have learned in sobriety is that I cannot change other people. As she sees the positive changes in you, she will come around and relax a bit.

Hang in there, and keep coming around!!
Old 08-04-2006, 07:51 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Congrats and keep on moving forward!
Old 08-04-2006, 08:20 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Hi Kevin,

Its great your still hear and still sober, congrats on your two weeks and you fabbie name

Just remember its one day at a time, yesterday is history and tomorrow is history, focus on now

Kevin
Old 08-04-2006, 08:48 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Good for you Kevin. I'm not drinking today either. I'll worry about tomorrow, tomorrow.
Enjoy the peace of mind knowing you are clear-headed and will be able to handle whatever comes your way today.
Old 08-04-2006, 09:04 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone for the pats on the back. Today was fine.

Kevin

I like muskies.