Notices

What Makes You Smile Or Have A Fuzzy Feeling Inside.

Old 08-04-2006, 05:36 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

My 2 cats are gifts given to me in sobriety. I grew up without pets and thus never wanted any for a long time. When i gOt sober and after moving here to Houston 10 yrs ago we aquired 2 little cats. The story was to go get one little kitten from a friend. Out of the liter we wanted the little girl kitten. Well we put the carry box on the floor with fancy feast inside trying to coax it to go in....well the one we didnt want was the one who kept going into the box.

So many tries to get the one we wanted without luck, so we went home.

All night we kept talking about the fat little kitten that was trying to hitch a ride with us. Soooooo.....we laughed and compared this little kitten to Gus the little mouse on Cinderella.... The next day we called in to let the people know which one we decided on and before we knew it Gus was at home with us. : )

Now just like our kids...we didnt want our first child to grow up without a sibling, neither did we want Gus to grow up without one too. lol

So my daughter and spouse went several days later to get another one and returned with the brother....we named him Lucky.

Lucky and Gus....MY BOYS.... : ) Lucky like to sit on my lap from time to time and Gus....who is the heavier of the 2 keeps his distance as far as being held. But he is affectionate as he brushes against my leg or sits next to me on a table or chair. Gus also likes to sleep at the foot of my bed ...close to mama. : ) Lucky comes to visit me before i fall asleep and to wake me up in the morning. : )

I LOVE MY LUCKY AND GUS......OH AND MY LOVE BIRD PEADY AND 2 FISH. : )

GIFTS IN RECOVERY.
Old 08-05-2006, 05:10 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

How about sitting here at 7am with a fresh cup of Hazelnut flavored coffee reading shares that were posted last night after i went to sleep. To also see how many other members are up early this morning besides me sober and clean.
Old 08-05-2006, 05:59 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Great thread Sharon!!

I have a list LOL

* Waking up sober and knowing I wasnt stupid the night before!
* Coming here and helping myself and others to succeed.
* The thought of holding my first grandchild (count down, we have 6 weeks to go)
* Watching my kids laugh and get along.
* Spending time with my beloved rottie, Atticus
* Seeing my garden come to life, nurturing it and enjoying the fruits of my hard work.
* Sitting on the back porch early in the morning and watching the sleepy eyed birds and rabbits emerge for the day, hearing the birds sing.
* Playing my favorite music.
* Walking hand in hand with hubby.
* accomplishment.
* Making other people smile, brightening their day.
* A good movie.

I could go on and on, but I think I just realized that I feel warm and fuzzy as a sober person who has regained control, life is good!!!

Love Liss
Old 08-05-2006, 06:40 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

warm fuzzy. When my bf takes me aside and slow dances out of the blue while singing a song in my ear.
Watching my dog lovingly mull my mom(gramma) when she comes to visit.
Mowing the lawn, and taking pride in my home.
Waking up smiling next to the one I love.
Watching comedians or listening to funny people.
Laughing.
Doing my job and knowing i did it the best i could.

have a great day, Sharon
mertyl
Old 08-05-2006, 09:23 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Warm fuzzies make me smile. : ) I just posted a share and since it takes awhile for me to put into words what i want to say and then to complete it, i feel good about myself. A boost of confidence. Self-worth. Now that's a COOL FEELING..!
Old 08-05-2006, 03:12 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

my kids ALWAYS make me smile...especially my son...who is 4 and tells everyone about everything...like that mommy is wearing underwear that match your shirt (Polka dots or stripes...or whatever color.) or that daddy spanks mommy when she is loading the dishwasher or how about this one...

my mommy and I can blow bubbles out our nose...when we had a runny nose...we both did it by accident at the same time and then laughed and they just got bigger...it was hilarious and he thinks i am just so cool cause i did it...even though I was like totally grossed out....
My daughter she is a 6 yr old diva and has to get dressed to the nine to go to the grocery store.or wherever. we live in a town of like 1,300 but it is NYC to her ....feather boa...purse..earrings...and she has the biggest heart and is always so sweet...and thoughtful...makes me proud and fuzzy...

and of course ...my husband who entertains me constantly....he is so much fun and we have a great time together ...be it watching tv or making dinner it is always an adventure...or loading the dishes....LOL

oh and of course or dog...the big ooof (my kids name for him)......he has this hilarious howl when sirens go by...it is deep yet like puberty ...it is just so funny...even if we hear a siren away from home...we all laugh .....it is terrible cause people probably think we are evil to laugh when a ambulance or whatever goes by but we can't help it...all we hear in our head is Cyrus and his crazy howl....

Thanks Sharon....I like reading this thread ...we need some comic relief and stuff like this around more....

take it eazy...peace~~Beezy
Old 08-06-2006, 04:16 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

On my way to jog late yesterday I had to take a double take at a bunch of Deer grazing not too terribly far from the highway. It's a scene at least for me I dont see often if not at all. : )

NOW THAT WAS A COOL FEELING.

ANY COOL FEELINGS OUT THERE FOR YOU?
Old 08-07-2006, 03:38 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Today is a NEW DAY. Happy Monday.

It's still pretty early here in Houston and my day is just about to begin.

I don't know what today will bring just yet and all i know is at this moment im sober and waking up with no hangovers or remorse from days passed. That in it self is a warm fuzzy feeling to begin a new day.

How about you? Anything or maybe someone this past weekend or possibly today that gave you a warm fuzzy feeling?

Enjoy ur day today with whatever you decide to do clean and sober. : )
Old 08-07-2006, 07:07 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Talking

My son coming back to live with us after a year
Old 08-07-2006, 03:14 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

A fuzzy feeling is learning how to let others hug me without pushing them away. My kids very well remember the last time i hugged them. : ( It saddens me that that had happened because i was always very affectionate with my little ones showing them good examples of how to give hugs, get hugs and say I Love You.

We were all doing well untill..u know when ur kids get to that adolesent age and it's, " oh mom, im in a hurry or there others around." That kinda feeling where ur kids r growing up and u have to give them their space.

Well....that was when they were in Jr high and grade school that it stopped.

I remembered for a long time how something felt different. I was beginning to distance my self from them and felt like they didnt need me in that way anymore. No more hugs or ILU's. : (

Now my kids r 22 and 19. The other day my son brought up this conversation and just moments ago my daughter brought it up too. Why did we stop the hugs and ILU'S? We talked about it which im glad...but i still have issues about getting close to them....im not sure what it is....ive been that way with my spouse too.....even at work my co-workers laugh at me when they want to give me a hug, they give BEAR hugs and mine r like .....dont squeeze them too much are they will break....or its a hurry up and a quick pat and off u go.....or dont hang on too long or i will scream. There's something about not likeing to be held or touched that gets me anxious. Dont know.....im still working on me. : )

thanks for letting me share.

Hey i still have fuzzy feeling tho. : ) Just having my kids recognize this is cool. Now we can work on it together. : )
Old 08-07-2006, 04:18 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

The smell of my grandaughter
New babies
puppy breath
Old 08-08-2006, 08:02 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

What gives me warm fuzzies today is knowing that I have a recovery program that works for me and lots of friends that care...........coming here to SR is the best I am glad to be here with you all.............................You all give me warm feelings inside...........Thank you for being here..........................Little Penguin
Old 08-08-2006, 08:04 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

I would have to agree...

What makes me fuzzy and warm today? Waking up sober and happy. Knowing that despite some anxiety and fear yesterday, I have all of you to inspire me in my new day.

Peace, Levi
Old 08-09-2006, 05:44 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

I feel like im a part of a wonderful supportive fellowship. It makes me feel secure wanted and needed here in SR. Im warm and fuzzy today with u guys. Thanks.
Old 08-12-2006, 11:22 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Am i sensing any warm fuzzies out there in SR today?
Old 08-12-2006, 05:48 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Naps are good.

My kitties....
all three of them. (see pic of my big fat cat named Squeak at left!)
Old 08-12-2006, 07:09 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

I love fuzzy things. Cats, kittens, velvety soft comfy, cozy blankets. With all this warm weather, im soooooo looking forward to cooler weather sometime down the road.....like in a few months....or anytime before Christmas. : )

CHRISTMAS....oh noooooo....lol
Old 08-12-2006, 08:29 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

I love it when my hubby and I walk together holding hands, old folks, y'know.
And when he sings old songs to me, before my time...so they are always new to me.
And knowing I can go stick my feet under him anytime I want or ask for a cuddle.
And seeing people here at SR
And listening to my daughter on the phone. Listening, I can't get a word in edgewise LOL
And talking to my mom. I have a mom relationship for the first time ever with her. We were actually laughing and giggling together on the phone earlier this week. I never imagined it could be this way with her!
Naps, lordy, I love naps!
Old 08-12-2006, 11:00 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Dom
Inspired

For some reason I kept on scrolling over this thread but never clicked on it, tonight is different though. Great thread Sharon.

Today I saw an 11 month old baby laugh and I couldn't help but feel fuzzy.
Whenever I am with my GF and she smiles at me, it makes me warm.
Hearing an exotic car, I don't even have to look at it to know what it is... but it can send chills all over my body and I get goose bumps.
Old 08-12-2006, 11:27 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Trying to do the right thing.

Whats making me warm n fuzzy is the FACT, i dont have to get up n start the day, pushing drugs into my system to make life go away.!

Its great to know that, that part of my life is gone now.Im on the long road that is Recovery...!...I Will Survive this to have a life, that ive never had.!

Sharon you do put up some smashing threads... Thanks...X...

Hugs to ALL...