Notices

I am scared to death

Old 08-03-2006, 06:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I am scared to death

Hi, My beautiful 16 year old daughter is addicted to crystal meth. She has been at a wonderful place since March 22 and will be there 9-12 months and it has consumed my whole life. I just don't know where to go from here. She has always been my heart. She has been clean since March 22 but I just worry about what will happen when she comes home!!! Any suggestions
Old 08-03-2006, 06:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Om, Aum, Ohm...

The best thing you can do for both of you is to get help for you. Addiction affects not only the addict but those who love the addict. Under Friends & Family, there is a Nar-Anon board. That's a good place to start, and around here someplace is a meeting list. If you can't find a Nar-anon meeting in your area, most Al-anon meetings are accepting of those whose loved ones suffer from addiction issues other than alcohol.

I'll say a prayer for both you and your daughter. Keep in mind that programs like that, though very useful, work only if the participant is willing to work on their addiction.

Peace & Love,
Sugah
Old 08-03-2006, 07:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Jeez, what a HUGE problem that drug is!! Hopefully your daughter will get so grossed out by what happens to meth addicts with chronic use that she'll never want to do it again. Sounds like a good recovery program.. not cutting any corners there. A younger woman friend of mine just confessed she's developed a problem with meth. It's so attractive in todays "need to be skinny" culture.

All you can do is educate yourself about the disease.. Naranon is great and I'm sure you know you're not alone in this problem.

Do her friends use as well? Do you know any of the other parents?

Old 08-03-2006, 07:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm so consumed with dispair tonight the only thing I can say to you is, I'm so very sorry! I would love to be there to share a much needed hug with you.
Old 08-03-2006, 10:51 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you feel better soon Justices savior!

Welcome to the forums obsessed

Please also join us on the nar-anon forum where there are others going through the same thing with lots of experience.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/nar-anon/
Old 08-04-2006, 09:48 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
On a tear

and it has consumed my whole life. I just don't know where to go from here. She has always been my heart. She has been clean since March 22 but I just worry about what will happen when she comes home!!!
Hi obsessed - your name and this part of your post says it all.... ((((Obsessed)))) <--- that's a virtual hug.

My name is BigSis and I post all over, but mainly down in the Naranon forums. I am the mom of two addicts - my son, 21 is addicted to pot and alcohol with about 18 months clean and sober. My daughter, 19, is addicted to meth (and started her addiction the summer between 6tha and 7th grades!). She is also clean - for about a year now.

I hope you find this place to be the support that I have. There is some incredible experience, strength and hope around here.... lots of it.

What I found was that Alanon (initially) gave me the support I needed to take my mind off my addicted daughter, whose addiction is the one the drove me right into the dark pit. For one hour a week, I did not obsess about where she was or whether she was safe, sane and sober.

After several months, I actually started "working" the 12-step program as a way to discovery why it was that I became SOOOOO enmeshed in her life. It has been a path of self-discovery... and an amazing trip.

I urge you to try several Alanon meetings (in our area, there is little Naranon and most of us who attend Alanon have addicts as "qualifiers"). It was suggested to me to try 6 meetings before passing jugement... and seeing how judgemental I was, that was GOOOD advice (smile).

Please post again - either here or in Naranon and let me know how you are doing.
Old 08-04-2006, 07:35 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Hey,

Just checking in with you to see how you are doing?

Did you make it over to Naranon yet?

My doc was meth. It's tough, but she can do it.

The Naranon forum is very helpful, you'll make
a lot of friends there.

Hope to see you back soon!
Old 08-04-2006, 08:31 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Justices saviour and

Obsessed

You've both gotten good advice here and I hope you both find peace.
Old 08-04-2006, 08:34 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Sounds like you both have had great advice

Welcome to SR.

Kevin
Old 08-06-2006, 08:56 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks to you all!!! The support I have recieved has been wonderful. Also, alot of the problem is the codependancy....if shes happy, i am happy, if she is sad, as well!!! I did go to an alanon meeting and plan to attend again!! Thanks for all the advice!!! I have been saying that I am addicted to my addict!!