Notices

Librium- What it does for you :-(

Old 08-03-2006, 04:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Librium- What it does for you :-(

Librium (follow on from the thread I posted last week...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Much appreciated if anyone can give me their opinion.

Ok, basically I was recommended Librium, was told it would get rid of my withdrawal symptoms. I tried everywhere to get them, but on on monday I went to an alcohol centre and the doctor had a 3 hour chat with me and prescribed me a daily dosage, 3 to be taken every 4 hours 4 times daily. He also gave me 3 'benerva' pills (supposed to increase your protein and calcium levels if you're not eating), and he gave me a Zimovaine (sp?) sleeping tablet.

Anyways, i told him i had already taken a drink so he said i should start taking them the next morning.

So I woke up the next day, vomiting, shaking, the usual, and took the pills I was prescribed (not the sleeping tablet though). And I actually felt worse. I was shaking even more, couldnt stand up, couldn't sit down, couldnt talk to people, couldnt lay on my bed, couldn't work.

So i was then sent to another detox place by my mum as i was in a really bad way, and they gave me 2 valium to calm me down, they called an ambulance and brought me to the hospital.

At the hospital they gave me a blood test (liver enzymes 956) and injected vitamins into me, and then gave me an increased dosage of librium. they also gave me a sleeping tablet.

I took every tablet at the correct dosage they told me to and still was having panic attacks and felt i was gonna die anytime.

So last night, after taking altogeter about 11 pills, I was still shaking, vomiting and thinking i was going to die....... i had 4 beers and slept all night.

I feel so bad as I honestly thought the librium would work, but alas, no luck
Old 08-03-2006, 04:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Going through withdrawls is very hard. But if your dr says it's ok for you, which I think I remember that yours has, you'll be ok. You'll have a few quite difficult days and then things will begin to get better.

Hang in there and don't take a drink today.
Old 08-04-2006, 07:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

I have no experience with any of this, but I just wanted to Welcome you here!

Others will be along shortly with some advice!

Old 08-04-2006, 07:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
cmc

I can't share any experience with this but I have been with my son a few times as he went through some drug withdrawals here at our house. He had detox in a hosp only once in his early years of using.
I hope it will be over soon and you can move on to the next phase of recovery. Please stick with it- and may you never have to go through this again. I try to think of how things will be when I get past the difficulties I face. I just want to encourage you. Alot of others have done this and will be able to share their experience with you- please keep coming around for support.
I hope you feel better soon!
Old 08-04-2006, 08:07 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

Please don't give up. Maybe you could check in to the hospital for a supervised detox? What you are experiencing now will likely only get worse if you continue drinking. We're here for you and we believe in you......

Hang in there!
Old 08-04-2006, 08:23 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Hi Shaun,

I posted before, but anyway many years ago Iused Libs and they are very addictive and very strong tranqs. Best thing to do is get off them, I am kinda surprised they are still being dished out.

All the best

Kevin