Notices

new neighbours

Old 08-01-2006, 04:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

new neighbours

while everyone is in a meeting room that i have no access to, I just wanted to take this time to post the new day activities.

When I started this process, i wasnt so much bothered by my own addiction as i was the lady next door's addiction. Perhaps she opened my eyes a bit, and that is how i found this site.

I dont know how to go back to my first thread to make sure that i dont repeat anything, but the lady next door had a very noticeable addiction to crack. And it very much upset me to see that this lady would do anything, at any hour, to have her fix. And it caused me to reflect on my alcoholism, because there is the tendancy to have some similarities.

After trying to sell me her air conditioner 2 weeks ago and up and down my back steps to the dealer all night, she has moved. But just around the corner, because i saw her walking with her boxes. she tried to have a yard sale the previous weekend and my driveway is between her home and mine, and when i pulled in to turn, she yelled very rudely "sorry. I need the F#@# driveway. find somewhere else to park"-After all the crap that has gone on since i moved in here, i let it go and parked on the street. A couple hours later, when i drove to the store, i managed to get a spot out front the house and she said"sorry about earlier and the driveway." I just said "no worries, its not that i have the problem with." And then it was moving day. I guess i could have been the better person and helped her carry or put the boxes in my car, but i didnt want to enable a behaviour that made her think she could keep taking advantage of me (ive given her smokes before because i didnt want to rock the boat when we moved in)
So now, that lady is gone. Today, i took the dog out to my backyard and there are a couple of 15 year olds, at most, in that next yard, rolling something, with the new adults that just moved in. And my computer room is next to the driveway and i have witnessed people coming and going thru the sheers since i sat down to have a nite to myself. The new couple said hello earlier and they seem to be of parental age. And i guess this is whats eatin at me, since they are condoning this stuff to others at this age.

I have no right to say anything. I usually just turn my head. And i will keep doing so.
but it kinda makes me sad to see all of us here for something and it seems more and more are going down the road we are trying to outrun.

This is gonna sound completely whacky, but i just want to go out there and say to these kids"you think this is cool? You want to end up like the rest of us, living in homes that arent ours? struggling to make a living because drugs and alcohol and smokes come first? What the F$$%%^ is wrong with you"? And then ask the parents the same thing!!!!

I guess that sounds horribly judgemental but after trying to beat what i am going through, i cant watch others promote this to younger generations without pointing out the consequences.

Thanks for reading
mertyl:uzi2:
Old 08-01-2006, 05:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Mertyl, welcome to SR and I can totally relate. I wish I could convince all the future addicts and abusers of what the ultimate outcome is, and to some extent I am able to by sharing my experiences with them. In the meantime, share here and know that your words will affect someone else and help them to find sobriety.

Peace, Levi
Old 08-01-2006, 06:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

Hi Mertl

There you are - I missed you at the meeting !! I had problems
getting on too..but I made it...I was laughing 'cause Phinny didn't
notice that you'd left and was waiting for you to share - ha ha
I really look forward to getting to know you !!

Hope to see you at one of the meetings or have a chat here !!

Sorry you are having such a rough time with the neighbours..I don't like seeing kids getting into that stuff either, but it sounds like you know what YOU want !!!!

Talk to you soon !!!

Janni
Old 08-01-2006, 07:08 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

holy crap janni!!! I posed the exclamation mark cause your litttle symbol in the chat looked mad so i just wanted to ask what was wrong but i thought i got the procedures wrong! lol.
had to go pick up my bf at work and it isaid to go as quietly as possible. guess i need to say sorry to phinny!!!!!

Sorry Phinny. my bf called during that and his car wouldnt start. I will be there next time now that i can get in.

god bless
mertyl
Old 08-01-2006, 07:13 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

NO - I made that mad face because I was having trouble with Acceptance - nothing to do with you !!!
You know there is a saying about alcoholics

"It's all about me!" - ha ha ha ha

xoxo Janni......No one minded - Just wanted to make sure nothing was wrong & see - there was amisunderstanding ..see you soon !!!
Old 08-01-2006, 07:15 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

Oh & by the way...When we type an exclamation mark, it means we want to share next....hahahahahah
Usually the way it works is that we only do smileys or something while another is sharing and save out chatting till the end - when we all visit, but when we want to share next we type an !!
Old 08-01-2006, 07:23 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Oopsey! And i really just thought about what you said. "its all about me"

Did you notice that alcohlics will be the first to look at someone)their spouse=for example_ and say "its all about you!"

Thanks for clueing me in on that stuff. I think next time i will put in "hi i am mertyl and i know nothing about this computer thing."
Old 08-01-2006, 07:24 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

you are sooooo funny

Janni
Old 08-01-2006, 07:34 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

luv ur doggy. or at least the pic.
Old 08-01-2006, 07:34 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

Think there is another meeting now

Hi there - I think there is another meeting now...

I have to go grab some food, but I'll be there soon !!

xoxo Janni
Old 08-01-2006, 08:39 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hey, mertyl. No worries! I thought you got booted out of Chat for computer problems or something. The next meeting is on Thursday at the same time. Hope you can make it!