Notices

Today is my 4th day attempting to go sober.

Old 07-31-2006, 06:26 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by scootinbabe
Welcome! Today is my 7th day sober. Mine was more wine...and hard liquor. I'm exhausted at times during the day but still have trouble going to bed and going to sleep. But I am doing something really important and so are you!

Good to meet you sista!
Congrats on on your 7th day. Yes, I know what you mean by being exausted during the day and restlless at night. It a viscious cylce, whereby you end up falling to sleep late late, befoe you know it......... time to head to work, where you're on the sleepy side for most of the day, later on that night you can't sleep. At least that's how it has been going for me. It's getting better every day though...........

Glad to make your aquaintance! By the way............. I am a guy, not a "sista". You can call me"bro" though........ Does my screen name appear effiminate.:kidding:

Take care!
summer breeze
Old 07-31-2006, 06:33 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Dreamz do come true!!!

HIYA - just wanted to remind everyone that the road gets easier, we are all in this together no-one ever has to be alone. Whatever day sober it is for you whether its 4 days, 4 weeks, or 4 years - its a massive effort and you should be proud of yourself!!!
Old 07-31-2006, 06:47 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

sorry dude ;-)

welcome!
Old 07-31-2006, 06:47 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dreamz
HIYA - just wanted to remind everyone that the road gets easier, we are all in this together no-one ever has to be alone. Whatever day sober it is for you whether its 4 days, 4 weeks, or 4 years - its a massive effort and you should be proud of yourself!!!
Thank you......... thank you...... dreamz!
Old 07-31-2006, 06:54 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I would like to take the time here to thank those that I did not directly thank for their responses. Your words of advice and encouragement are invaluable.

summer breeze
Old 07-31-2006, 09:16 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I relate so much summer breeze. I have tried fighting alcohol but have relapsed quite a few times in the past four months. Just, all I can say, is fill your time, listen to all points of view. I was amazed how alike we all are. Try meetings and read and take one moment at a time... alcohol was easier for me to give up because my stomach could no longer handle it; one drink would make me horribly sick, so I had extra reason not to drink. I almost had natural antabuse. I have a feeling Morphine will be harder. But it's the only way I can get my life back from depression. Stay strong... one moment, minute, hour, day at a time.