Notices

Online Sponsors?

Old 07-30-2006, 03:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Online Sponsors?

I'm 45 days sober and have been going to meetings about 3-4 times a week for about 5 weeks now. I'd really like to get a sponsor asap, but I haven't connected with anyone yet. I checked out a couple of sites that offer online sponsors. Just wondering if this would be helpful for me right now. I'd appreciate any input.
Old 07-30-2006, 03:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I think thats a wonderful idea...
Old 07-30-2006, 04:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

An online sponsor is a great idea for a temporary fix, in my opinion, but I wouldn't give up the search for a face to face one. For me, f2f was 100% necessary, especially for the 4th and 5th steps.

Good luck! Let us know how it goes.
Old 07-30-2006, 06:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I guess because I've always had a live sponsor I can't imagine how an online works but anything to get you started checking in and starting the steps is good. As others said, I cannot imagine a 4th and 5th step in any fashion except face to face. My 5th step lasted 12 hours and involved a lot of tears, laughters and breaks when things got too intense. As scared as I was of those steps I wouldn't trade that experience now for anything in the world!

Anyway, I wholeheartedly agree with those who are advise you to continue your search for a f2f sponsor but in the meantime do whatever you need to do! Good luck on your search(s)!

Hugs,
Kellye