Notices

Scared to Death

Old 07-28-2006, 10:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Scared to Death

Hi all,
I just went and had an ultra sound done on my thyroid and the doctor found something- and yes I am scared to death- have been crying since I left there- feel like a drink- but won't have one- instead fixing orange juice and milk and making a orange drink.
Does anyone else have medical problems from their long use of alcohol? I have to have more blood tests run and I am scared. I know its my own fault for drinking and now I have to pay the price- I want to be around for my kids and I'm scared that I'm not going to be.

Please anyone who sees this please respond.

Thank you
Old 07-28-2006, 11:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Recovery,

I'm sorry you are going through this and there are no easy answers. Try to have faith that the problem will be minimal. Right now you don't know the extent of the problem and do you know for sure that it was caused by alcohol. I think many of us have affected our health, some more, some less by the use of alcohol and/or drugs. Unfortunately, there is nothing at all we can do about this now except to keep living a sober life. If there are further problems to endure, you will get through it and there is a reason for it. Everything happens for a reason.
Old 07-28-2006, 11:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Mr .HELP ME I HAVE KIDS

I do know what your feeling and Im sorry to hear it as well...

I abused alcohol for 10 years and then on 1-18-93 i gave it up but I also abused drugs till then as well.

I have had 3 heart attacks and the last being very serious to the point of bypass surgery..I thank my Hp that im alive today.I can relate to your dilema.We are all here for a reason and god has given me my second chance.

I will pray he allows you to have a second chance as well..Lets all pray if it is serious that it can be beaten with a surgery and eraticated.

We have alll had to pay our dues for poisoning our lives and bodies...some physically and some mentally but there is a price we all must pay for Doing this to ourselves...

I know if its meant to be this will be cured and you will live long enough to see your kids grow old.

Just remember this scare to keep you from ever lifting that poison to your lips again..

Your friend and brither in god
Old 07-28-2006, 11:10 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Recoveryforme,
I can share similar feelings. I can share the feelings of the unknown of the future, the feelings of I could've done something different, the feelings of being insecure. A few hours ago I went to a dermatologist to look at a spot and she mentioned inscisions, numbing, cutting, and stitches and I was very close to fainting. They had to lie me down for a few minutes because of the hot flashes/near fainting. I will go back in 3 months to see if anything has changed with this mole if not I will have to go through some procedures. I just want you to know that I can identify with some of your feelings and your not alone. I will be praying for you.
Old 07-28-2006, 11:14 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
On a tear

My sis in law just finished up chemo for thyroid cancer... and I have tell you - it is one of the easiest to find and to get rid of.

That doesn't ease your fear for today, but perhaps will pull you out of the "what-if" world so you can work on what is right in front of you.

Alcohol damaged my mom's pancreas - she has been diabetic since about 3 years after she got sober. She manages it quite easily. And she admits the drinking probably caused it, but she is playing the cards she was dealt (I love my mom... smile).

It sounds to me like you are ready to step into recovery... for your own sake. Keep putting one foot in front of the other and focus on just the next right thing.

I will be back here in the cheering section, waving a pom-pom. Best of luck on your test results - keep posting!
Old 07-28-2006, 12:09 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear about your US, I pray it turns out ok. First and foremost, dont drink today and dont worry about it today. At this point you dont even know what it is, yet, so no use making yourself sick with worry. Good Luck!! and keep us posted, stay strong!
Star
Old 07-28-2006, 07:30 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

We are here for you! Sending you good thoughts and hugs!
Old 07-28-2006, 07:54 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Of course you are scared...Hugs

Look at the situation this way..
whatever you need to do re your health
being sober greatly improves your chances.

Prayers coming your way..
Old 07-28-2006, 08:00 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks for listening and sending good thoughts

Hi all,
Well I have worried about this all day- I am scared and hope that everything turns out ok- but I am thinking God gave me whatever this is, so that I will quit drinking and live long and prosperous.
I didn't drink all day- kept busy took my mom and son for a drive and shopping out for ice cream, took my daughter to the movie theater to meet a friend- sitting here online asking you all to keep praying for me...I am so scared. I have to have more blood work done- and I guess that is what scares me the most.

Thank you all
Old 07-28-2006, 08:06 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Paused

You have wonderul support here. Big hugs...
Old 07-28-2006, 10:30 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

(((thinking about you and the others who have posted about medical issues today)))
Old 07-28-2006, 11:05 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

Adding you to my prayers tonight. I am glad you came here and posted instead of drinking.
Old 07-29-2006, 08:25 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hi Recoveryforme,

I went through similar worries about my health over the last year. I know exactly what you are going through. I had a pain in my left side (which still comes and goes). I thought it was cancer and went to the emergency room, had a colonoscopy, blood work, etc. It turned out to be either stress or iritable bowel syndrome. The point is, is that it is manageable and I am ok (not even on medication).

My father was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer (usually very deadly, very quick), underwent chemo and responded so well he is ok a year later. They may be able to manage his particular variety for years.

Point is it may be nothing and if it is there is a lot they can do. We are survivors and we are so much better off than a lot of non-addicts/alchies since we can rely on each other unconditionally for support.

You will be ok! Just do what the docs say. Hang in there and don't drink.

Jup.