Notices

Friday

Old 07-28-2006, 08:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Friday

It's Friday. Often my witching day. I'm dry since last Friday. I wanted to tell everyone here what I told my Wife when we woke up this morning.

I'm not drinking today.

I hope the same holds true for others that have Friday problems like myself.

Kevin
Old 07-28-2006, 08:17 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That's awesome Kevin. Renew your commitment everyday as needed. You will do fine.

Peace, Levi
Old 07-28-2006, 09:02 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Only Friday?!?! I only reach blackout level on days that end in a "Y"!!! HAHA - Not anymore!! Great way to start the day. Keep it up!
Old 07-28-2006, 09:21 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Well, that makes 2 of us!! Friday has always been my "beerday".
Dry since last Friday.... though, that is GREAT!
I've only been since Monday, I've been dreading the weekend. We are having a party tonight for my husband so it's going to be a challenge but one I'm ready for...I think....no, I KNOW!!
Have a good weekend!!
Old 07-28-2006, 11:06 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Stay positive Kevin and do you have a plan to help you get through today and the weekend?

You can do this!
Old 07-28-2006, 11:53 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Anna

I do have a plan. Had appointments today until now, 1:30. Going out shopping for tile for our new kitchen floor with my wife in a little bit. Taking the family including my elderly mother for an early fish fry; they have good ice tea. Then home for a big night of watching the Disney Channel. LOL. The characters from "That's So Raven", "The Suite Life of Zack and Cody", and "Hannah Montana", are all going to be on each other shows. My nine year old daughter is very excited.

By the time those end, I'll be past the danger zone for the day. I'll browse the internet for a while, then do some reading.

Tomorrow we'll do something as a family during the day. We're having some remodeling done at our house, so that probably means shopping for one thing or another. If I get to dinner time tomorrow without trying to quench my unquenchable thirst, I should be good to go until next Friday. And I'll remember the whole weekend, which is a good thing.

Sundays before Packer season are usually only a problem if I've been pouring fuel into the rocket for the previous two days. Then they get ugly, and that means I'll have a hangover until Wednesday.

Does it sound like I know my schedule?

Kevin
Old 07-28-2006, 05:52 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Hi Kevin,

Congrats and stay strong, its great to have another Kevin at SR

Kevin
Old 07-28-2006, 06:10 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

first weekewnd here also was having that bad feeling this mourning friday booze run had a doc apointment then hit anothyer meeting.
But got over it hope you make it threw alright.
Old 07-28-2006, 07:29 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I'm fine today. Just enjoyed those Disney Channel shows with my daughter after eating way too much fish and guzzling about seven ice teas. I just read through the Stanton Peele thread in the Alcoholism Forum, and am very impressed with the depth of analysis people do during their recovery.

Makes me feel a bit shallow, but on the right track. Lots more introspection and research in store for the likes of me.

Everyone take care. The Friday witching hours have passed for me today.

Stevex4,

Glad to see you here reading and posting. I know that big bottle of Vodka hangover you spoke of in your first post, and hope you steer clear. Do what you have to do.

Kevin