Notices

A good day for beezy

Old 07-27-2006, 09:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A good day for beezy

Well......I have had an excellent day today ....

I started my babysitting job and got to watch the cutest, sweetest little 8 month old girl today...

My kids and i fell in love ......(not enough to have another) but it was great... I will have her mondays thru thursdays...

I was stressing but it went really smooth, I know not all days will be like that but I can handle it. I think LOL

Then we all went to eat mexican food with a bunch of friends and we laughed and had so much fun...plus I am an auntie again...Ms Sophia Rose was born at 10:25 tonight...the kids and I are going down to see her tomorrow...i am excited.

and i am almost at 2 months of clean time...I cannot believe it and am proud of myself....yep 2 months on aug 1st.....WOW

I did stop going to NA ...I had a terrible experience with some guy there ...that was not there for the right reasons and my sponsor seemed more intrested in me going to her church than to a meeting...so I am taking a break from that....I will see about a meeting elsewhere but the next closest one is 45 minutes away and well ...we will see.

But I read my text and still see my addiction counselor weekly....

well i am sacked out and have a big day tomorrow....

Thanks for letting me share
Peace
~B
Old 07-27-2006, 09:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I'm HOME!!!!!

Smyle....I'm soooo proud of you!!!!!!!!!
Your adopted mom

Old 07-27-2006, 10:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey Momma ... I have been thinking about you ALOT.......I keep your words close to my heart .....Thank you
Old 07-28-2006, 06:27 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Smyle- I'm sorry you had a bad experience in NA, glad your doing well.
Old 07-28-2006, 07:16 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Smyle and welcome.

Sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with a fellow in NA. Unfortunately not everyone goes there for recovery. Some go b/c they have to (court orders, family pressure, etc.), some go b/c of the thirteenth step, some go because they have nothing else to do.

Also sorry to hear about your sponsor experience. I had an experience that parallels that. Mine wanted me to fit his "model" of recovery. In short, I was to follow his version of the program. Ya, not good. He actually wanted to read the big book to me and he wasn't even very good at reading. I was to have no input, or just a little and only on things he thought were important.

Ok, I am also a very independent person and I had a lot of other things going on that I required help with. So, ultimately my decision was to follow a very different path to recovery. I take what I like from AA materials (still use them), but I also take and use what I like from other programs of recovery, go to a counsellor, etc. This works for me. I don't go to meetings, etc., any longer.

The biggest thing I would emphasize is that I do focus on my addiction in some way every day to remember what it did to me and that I must not allow it out of the bag.

For some AA / NA is great for that b/c you have a group of people that are supportive, will listen, etc. For others, it doesn't work for whatever reason. Just be alive to the fact that there are people, like those on this site, that really are only interested in helping. Feel free to contact them whenever you need them.

Peace, Levi
Old 07-28-2006, 07:32 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hello Smyle & congratulations for the job and the 2 months and being an aunt again! You are doing so well, I knew you could! Just keep moving forward to a happier and healthier life! A long life!

GP
Old 07-28-2006, 12:40 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Smyle, it's always good to hear about someone having a good day!
Old 07-28-2006, 06:02 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Smyle
Old 07-28-2006, 06:09 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing your wonderful day!
Old 07-28-2006, 08:12 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

well... I am at my mom's tonight I came up to see my new little niece....she is beautiful but is sick....she has some problen with jaundice and was readmitted to the hospital, so I am watching her brother and waiting for some good news....she may need a blood transfusion and I am worried sick for her....she is so little and I just wish I could make it go away.....

So i have been hanging out at the pool with the kids...we just came in....they love swimming at night...it is like they are getting away with something.

I have enjoyed being with my mom....we have been on the outs recently but are working through it and she is being really cool about lots of things...usually she does not want to talk about my addiction problems..but we did tonight and it felt good, she said she is proud of my progress...which is HUGE for her..
I am feeling good again today even though I am broke and stressing about money....I will get through it, I miss my hubby and wish he could be here but....he can't

well I am gonna go read a little and please put my niece Sophia Rose in your prayers...I would appreciate it.... Thanks to all .....

Peace
~Beezy