Notices

Honeymoon over...

Old 07-27-2006, 07:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Honeymoon over...

Last night I was a slightly down and then this morning felt the same way. Haven't drank. However have realized on Day 22 that the euphoria of quitting drinking and regrets and emptiness came flooding in.

Went to work and then saw my therapist right after.

She said that part of the whole process is sitting with feeling crummy (my word not hers) and not 'doing' anything about it. The protection of alcohol and the relationship has ended. Also how I'm feeling at this point is normal.

Also concerned that now that I'm alcoholic that I'll never get into a relationship again. Once again reassured that yes I will. Not now (I don't want to) that I will.

She also said that instead of looking that everything that is not working look at all the stuff in my life that is working. Took me awhile to come up with anything. Big one is I'm working. Another have my own place. And I've discovered climbing again.

Thanks for listening...

So tonight I'll focus on that and work on getting content over time. Also the fact that yes tonight I feel lousy and that's alright. I've got my club soda and juice. Plus the cat and a book. Not all that bad.
Old 07-27-2006, 07:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

enjoy your book and cat. I am about to do the same thing with my doggy. you are seeing a therapist and that is a good thing. you know where you are and you are only 8 days away from 30. Congrats.

god bless
mertyl
Old 07-27-2006, 07:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I hit the dumps around day 20 and took a few drinks, I realized real quit that wasn't it. and I stopped, I am tautorung towards the end of week 7 and that grey cloud has lifted. hang in there, did you check the PAWS link. it might give you a bit of insite
Old 07-27-2006, 07:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks... I did check the PAWS link out. It all make sense. However doesn't 'stop' how you feel I guess.

Fortunately I have no desire to drink. The voice hits around 4:30 and I focus on run, club soda/juice, and book. It's worked.

Ironically despite feeling slightly depressed the last few days it doesn't compare to how depressed and foggy I felt drinking.

Sort of a rope I feel like I'm walking on around.

Seems too 'easy' to drink and I've never lost a really good fight.

Thanks for the words.
Old 07-28-2006, 12:19 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

An AA meeting recharges my spirit.

Old 07-28-2006, 05:05 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I just read my prior post must have been real tired it does make much sense.

It's good to hear you do not have a desire to drink, , I beat my self up :uzi2: for a few days afterwards and that's not good.

Nah, knowing doesn't make it stap but atleast it explains it. It will pass. I've been running alot too It's probably the only alone time I get so It serves many purposes.

It sounds like your doing great and really focused, hang in there, in spite of the littles roller coaster everyday gets better.