Notices

Made it to my first meeting in 15 years.

Old 07-27-2006, 06:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Made it to my first meeting in 15 years.

Big AA group pretty close same group the last time i tried to quit.
some one had a 24 year birthday non smoking they were all nice will probly go at noon tommarow.
Has not been 2 days yet but could quit for 2-3-4 days but probly have not
not been 7 days without a drink in the last 15 years but 7 days with out being drunk as hell. i know one day at a time.
Sorry if i dont respond mutch to other posts i just dont feel good about giving anybody advice. at this stage but thank you all for yor responces.
Old 07-27-2006, 06:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's good to hear from you Steve and you should feel comfortable taking and giving whatever works for you while you're here at SR.

If you know that 7 days is a tough point for you, then be prepared. Plan ahead and don't be in the places you'd normally be or doing things you'd normally be doing.
Old 07-27-2006, 06:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

I am so glad that you are here, and trust me the NEWCOMER IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PERSON!!! For we keep the blood line of NA/AA going and keep it coming. Keep coming here and posting if you ever need to just talk you can PM me I will be glad to always listen. We can smoke here

Love Vic
Old 07-27-2006, 08:05 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am really glad you checked out a meeting, good for you.

Love, Rose
Old 07-27-2006, 11:41 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Hi Steve...keep moving forward...
Way to go on your fresh start!

Blessings
Old 07-28-2006, 05:06 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Keep going back. They work
JMHS
Old 07-28-2006, 05:46 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

15 years wow!! you made it back, you are one of the lucky ones. Some people never make it back and die in the process. You've been given a gift called life, protect that gift!! So glad your back!!
Old 07-28-2006, 05:46 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Naps are good.

Hey Steve!

Congrats on going back to AA!

I too have gone back to AA after being gone for quite awhile. It's been 10 years since I went to AA, but I've been going back now for about 5 weeks and have really been enjoying it.

I relapsed a couple of years ago and have been trying to quit drinking ever since. Well, I should clarify that: I was actively drinking most of those weeks during the past two years but every now and then I'd try to quit. I really need to support of SR and AA to quit this time. This time I am planning on staying with AA for the rest of my life. I want to eventually get to the 12th step where I am hanging around to help other people. Last time around I guess I just used AA long enough to get sober and then I flew the coop. In hindsight, I wish I would have hung around.

Feel free to post as often as you want! I find it helpful to send encouraging posts as often as possible. I've only got about 5 weeks of sobriety, but I'm finding that there are new people signing up on SR all the time, so there are people with even less sobriety time than me. Whenever I see a new person post, I just try to send a brief "hello and welcome message" if nothing else.

Do you have 2 days sobriety now? If so that's AWESOME! Remember there's always someone with less than that and you CAN encourage them too. just knowing that we are all here for each other is comforting to me. We are all in this together.

Good luck in your sobriety journey. You are doing great!