Notices

All Ages Day 7 Freak Show!

Old 07-25-2006, 09:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

All Ages Day 7 Freak Show!

Maybe I'm caffiene drunk, but day-7-morning makes me wonder if I'm bipolar as well as alcoholic. Lots of energy (caffiene), lots of creative ideas for this & that and I can't keep up. I haven't felt like this in many, many years. I'm pretty much a manic spaz right now.

Seriously, I'm wondering if I'm floating to the surface after countless years of drowning myself in a depressant, or, as I've long suspected, there's something else going on.

Just curious about the former as I've never been off booze this long, and as to the latter, I've left a message with my shrink (whom I haven't seen in a few years) about getting back into therapy.

Good news, at least for now. Thanks for reading.
Old 07-25-2006, 10:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Good idea...and
Well Done on your sober time!
Old 07-25-2006, 10:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
REZ

Are you going to AA meetings? I've found them to be very helpful. Lots of people with experience, strength and hope there.
Old 07-25-2006, 11:18 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Naps are good.

Your emotions may feel like a for awhile.

Therapy may be a good idea. Enjoy the new feeling of having high energy, but try not to get carried away.

Try not to sign up for too many "new projects" while you are in this hypomanic phase. Who knows how long it will last?

Congratulations on your sobriety time!
Old 07-25-2006, 08:33 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Way to Go...
Old 07-25-2006, 09:46 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Dreamz do come true!!!

Old 07-25-2006, 09:49 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Dreamz do come true!!!

Originally Posted by GhostInTheRuins
I've left a message with my shrink (whom I haven't seen in a few years) about getting back into therapy.
HiYa - I know what its like to feel like you're going a little CRAZY - you're excited because you feel like a whirlwind but at the same time you're not sure if this is how you're meant to be feeling.

You have already taken control of things by getting in contact with your theripist so WELL DONE for doing that.

I don't have an expert opinion but from my own experience I would just not commit myself to anything - because you never know how long these up and downs will last and stay positive and congrats on doing so well so far!!!!!
Old 07-26-2006, 05:54 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I'm not a therapist or doctor and I'm new to all of this (day 4) so consider what I say with a grain of salt...

You could be bipolar. I wouldn't jump to any conclusions though. My hunch is that you aren't. I think you need to rule out alcohol withdrawal symtopms and more energy from better rest and caffeine first. Plus, being sober for the first time in a while can bring a rush of buried emotions to the surface. I think those slow down with time and are replaced with awesome emotions for the most part.

Alcohol is such a depressant and your body needs time to adjust to it being gone. Caffeine can really rev you up too--especially if you are consuming more than two cups of coffee a day. Maybe consider having a calming herbal tea every other time you want caffiene (while listening to calming music). I like the hot Chamomile (sp?) tea. Ask your doctor if it would make sense to take a multivitan everyday and maybe a low dose (b-50) b complex for a week or two to replenish the b vitamins that alcohol strips from us. I don't know that will help but they seemed to help me.

Talking with a counselor is a great idea. That was when I finally realized that a lot of my stress and anxiety was due to alcohol withdrawal during the day. Previously, I did'nt think you could be in withdrawal if you drank everyday. That, plus sleep deprvation, malnutrition and guilt were really doing a number on me.

I've heard it also takes time for your body to adjust metobolically from the sugar alcohol provides to the sugar your body derives from foods.

Be patient and keep fighting the strong fight. You've been through a lot with a death of an important person in your life and all. You're facing the sun now. It may seem blinding--but you're facing the light--before you now it, it will just seem like a fun day on the beach.

I'm looking forward to your fantastic writing as the transformation begins to soak in the sun.

Take care and keep in touch...