Notices

scared but committed to becoming clean

Old 07-23-2006, 04:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

scared but committed to becoming clean

Hello - I'm on the drug suboxone because of opiate addiction. I was taking 6 to 8 vicodin es a day for the past two years. I have never wanted to be clean more in my whole life. However, taking the suboxone, I am not clean. I have weaned down to now: .25 mg. per day. It's a very low dose, but I'm afraid what seems little, is as huge as King Kong. I have a wonderful job that I love so much. They need me every day. My insurance does not cover detox or rehab. I am paying out of pocket for the suboxone. I feel a lot better than I did on the vics, but I am scared. I wish I could have gone C.T. Of course, I wouldn't have been able to continue working. Does anyone have any encouragement for me. I have made a list of NA meetings in my area and plan to attend, I haven't done that yet. I was scared to post this, because I'm scared people are going to tell me it will be a worse WD from the sub than from the vic. I love everyone's postings here and read them a lot on my spare time. I have such a good family everyone is supportive. Still petrified of what I'm trying to do..no, of HOW I'm attempting to do it. I won't quit trying though, no matter what anyone says, I want to be clean more than anything in the world. I have begun exercising everyday. I don't have much energy though, since I've gone down to .25 per day. Just wait until I'm off, huh? Then I probably won't have any! Everyone's at the beach today, but not me, I'm doing laundry and posting this. It's too hot outside! Love to all of you.
Old 07-23-2006, 04:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Jen,

Welcome!

I'm sure there will be others along with information on suboxone who can help you. It sounds like you're down to a very low level and that's good, even though you don't have much energy.

I wish you well and keep posting.
Old 07-23-2006, 06:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Paused

I don't know much about opiate addiction. I don't want that to stop me from saying hello and welcome.
Old 07-23-2006, 06:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Im with 2dazmuse with not knowing anything about opiate addiction and I too would like to welcome u to SR and introduce myself.

Hi Im Sharon and im an Alcoholic. My sobriety date is 8-11-90

Thanks onfire4jen for sharing.
Old 07-23-2006, 06:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hey, welcome! You sound like you are doing great!!! Getting to those meetings is a great idea...IMO the sooner the better. You'll be welcome with open arms by people who have been there and they will be a huge support system when you take the jump.
I'm not sure how long you've been on the sub...Sometimes with a fast taper, the w/d is pretty mild. You are doing great by getting it all the way down to 0.25. Try to stabilize and feel pretty good there before you drop again. I've heard of people bringing it even lower before they jump - as little as you can cut.
The taper I was around to support was a 2 week period and down to about the level you are with the jump. She had some w/d, but nothing like cold turkey - more of mild flu systems and some restlessness on day 2 to 3, then it was all downhill from there. Advil, heating pad, lots of hot showers; ginger ale, St John's wort (natural anti-depressant) all seemed to help.
Wishing you much luck; so proud of you that you are doing this. Addiction really stinks; you can find a better way!!!
Old 07-23-2006, 06:53 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you all so much for your responses. I am extremely grateful to all of you. I'll keep you posted! P.S. I love reading everyone's threads too. Thanks again, Jen.