Notices

I relapsed on my birthday

Old 07-23-2006, 10:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Relax = Relapse

I relapsed on my birthday

I was sober for 75 days and threw it all away, It was bad, I was bad, I am hurting bAD, why am i such a mess! I wish i was normal. The doctor perscribed me adavan for my anger problem, and i think that might have set me on my way. i was angry to be sober it seemed as though i was beein punished. I guesse i was very rude to everyon hear at my house, when they came for my birthday, I ruined everthing, I wish i had a sponser to call when i am just about to drink. so i can call an get talked down. I feel like crap
Old 07-23-2006, 10:55 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

I suggest you get to an AA meeting
and share you need help.

Use the 75 days as a base for a new start..
they were not wasted
because you know you can quit...

Blessings...
Old 07-23-2006, 11:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
You're never alone!!

Guzler,

You weren't, nor are you bad. It might feel that way, but that is because, it's what we spend a long time telling ourselves.

Do you attend AA? That would be a great idea. That's where we learn alot. We learn how to realign our thinking, and we also learn there is a different way to live. It really helps Guzzler. plus, it's a great way to make sober friends,.. You will be able to ask for a sponsor there, that should help too.

Oh and just like Carol said, the 75 days is not wasted. Just start over.. It's ok..
Also, have you checked out the Alcoholics Anonymous forum? If you haven't already,
and you have time, you might learn alot down there too. Check it out if you can..

My prayers are with you Guzler
Love,
Becky
Old 07-23-2006, 11:24 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Relax = Relapse

yes i go to AA, but to be honest I really hate it, I feel uncomfortable and some mentally challenged people say some things that make wonder WTF. I am a little woried
Old 07-23-2006, 11:39 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey Guzler-
I'm sorry you feel bad. You arn't a bad person, and your 75 days are NOT a waste. Brush yourself off, buddy. If you are ready to live sober, keep trying. So many of us here have relapses, falls and scrapes. The important thing is that we keep trying. We are not bad people, we are sick and we want to get well. AA helps alot of people. It isn't perfect, and there are alot of screwed up people who go....I guess I'm one of them. Like many things, there are good and bad things. My advice to you is to try and get the good things out of the program. Perhaps AA isn't the best program for you. AA is certainly the most accessible program, and there is strengh in numbers. I'll bet there is SOMETHING about AA which can help you. I hope you can focus on the good stuff, and leave the bad stuff alone (ie mentally challenged people who talk BS)

I hope you can get back on track. I hope you feel better soon, and find the strength to give sobriety another chance. If you really want it, you will find it. AA has been proven to help others, mabee you can give it a chance?

Remember, you are not alone. There are other people who struggle as well. We CAN help eachother stay sober.
chip
Old 07-23-2006, 11:46 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Paused

Try to get back on track. There is much more to sobriety than putting down the drink. Like others mentioned, we need to fix what is broken inside of us. Why do we drink? What drives us? This has to be addressed. I have been hearing lately how people feel they are being punished because they can't drink. For me it is a blessing. If you continue on and keep drinking, your life will become so miserable that you will welcome sobriety. I had become physically addicted to alcohol and couldn't function with it our without it. There is life after sobriety. You just need to really see where you are headed and how alcohol has affected your life in a negative way.