Notices

Whats Wrong With Me?

Old 07-23-2006, 08:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Whats Wrong With Me?

I Just Want To Know If Anyone Can Help Me. I Have A Boyfriend Who Doesnt Work And Is An Alcoholic. I Know It Is A Disease But I Keep Buying Him His Alcohol Even Though Im Really Fed Up With Everything. I Dont Know Who Needs Help More, Me Or Him.
Old 07-23-2006, 08:55 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It sounds like you both need help. I'm too new here to give you any advice but keep coming here and checking all the forums. There are lots of helpful people here who can point you in the right direction.

good luck
Old 07-23-2006, 09:06 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hello Carol, Nice to have you here at SR..I have been gone for a couple of days, so i don't know if this is your first post..but Welcome..I can relate to enabling, buying the alcohol, and even though i was an alcoholic, i got fed up with it too, i hated it, but continued on..But, i agree with Hoobie, you both need help with the addictions..I am really early into my program as well, so i am careful of the advice i give, but, there will be plenty of wonderful people along that will give you their time, SEH...So, best wishes to you..and keep coming back..
Old 07-23-2006, 10:09 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

If i may, Carol, say that you buy the alcohol because you love him and you want him to be happy. At the same time, you hate doing it because, a. its your money and b. you know the outcome of too many drinks. And maybe there are other reasons but i say this because i know how this feels. I have a boyfriend who i have enabled and he has enabled me as well. Its ironic how we do things for the ones we love, yet we hurt them at the same time.

Perhaps you could visit the site for loved ones of alcoholics, someone here should know where you can find it, or a meeting and see if that it is helpful. YOu will also find many great people here who will listen and be helpful.
welcome and good luck
mertyl
Old 07-23-2006, 10:26 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome Carol...

If you are interested in finding a way to deal wih
this....
I suggest you find an Al anon meeting in your area.

"Co Dependent No More" by Mealanie Beattie is full of
info for you.

We also have a forum here....check out
Read the top post first

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ly-alcoholics/