Notices

I decided to quit today!!!

Old 07-17-2006, 09:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Angry I decided to quit today!!!

Hello everyone. I've decided I want to quit drinking today. I don't enjoy it and I hate the way it makes me feel and act. I got my second DWI about 4 months ago. I lost my license for 2 years, got 180 hours of community service and 48 hours in the Intoxicated Drivers Resource Program. Attached to that are thousands of dollars in fines. I'm lucky I didn't go to jail. I feel very ashamed and embarassed. I travel by train, taxi and depend on friends and my husband to get me to work everyday. I hate it. None of this would have ever happened if I would have just stayed away from alcohol. I'm feeling very depressed and worried.
Old 07-17-2006, 09:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Banana,

Welcome to SR!

I think we've all done things we were ashamed of while we were drinking. Shame is a big part of addiction, so is depression and anxiety. The depression may lift once you stop drinking and your body begins to return to normal.

You've made a good decision and there's lots of support and encouragement here, so keep posting!
Old 07-17-2006, 09:33 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by banana
I've decided I want to quit drinking today.
Nothing and no-one can make anyone stop abusing alcohol/ drugs until they decide in their heart and mind that they choose to stop. Know that all the fears and concerns and anxiety you may have are familiar territory for us here. When you surround yourself with helpful people who understand and are willing to listen, also read recovery literature, and engage in positive-minded thinking, providing yourself an environment that encourages you to WANT to be well again, that all goes a LONG way to improving your outlook, open-mindedness, and willingness to strive to do better. You've come to a very good place to start. Welcome.
Old 07-17-2006, 09:47 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you so much! I want to change my life and I know it will be a long road. But I feel I have the power to do it.
Old 07-17-2006, 04:15 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

banana, welocme. Good luck on journey and try not to get discouraged. Anytime you do, this site is a great place to come to for support.

mertyl
Old 07-17-2006, 04:29 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Hi and Welcome to SR!

I suggest you speak with your doctor before you quit,
de toxing from alcohol is a serious undertaking.

It can be dangerous.

Please check out..

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...at-expect.html

Glad you are looking for sobriety...Blessings
Old 07-17-2006, 05:46 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

Hello Banana--Just wanted to add my welcome. Glad you found us. SR has been an amazing and powerful addition to my recovery program. It can be for you, too! I hope you will stick around and keep posting!!!
Old 07-17-2006, 07:54 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

****{Banana}}} Welcome to SR! Glad you found us here. I found my way through the hell of addiction after finding this site. I am happy now and an addiction survivor.

Come one in....get to know some of the great folks around here. There's lots of understanding and encouragement. You can make it!!! Many of us do....

************{Huge Hopeful Hugs}}}}}}}}